Thread: /yell Expansion

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziyyigo-Tipyigo View Post
    I know this is tangential, but I'd rather see something more robust/elegant than standing around /yelling.
    A reworking of the seacom system would be nice, so that you can post a seacom for selling items, wanting to do missions, etc, that last there for either x number of days or until you take it off. Without a search system though, it'll be really easy for people to just flood the search system with garbage and make it annoying for everyone.
    (3)

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    crazy how you couldnt hear yells from the present in past towns but i can hear all my linkshell mates from any "timezone"
    (5)

I for one would not want yells (or shouts) in moghouse. Sure you can turn filter on while you are in there.. but its a major hassle to keep turning filter on and off. If you want to see these chat channels, just stand outside.

As for windurst.. I think port windurst would be important as that is where the majority of the transport NPCs are, and woods for a zone with auction house (walls is barely used other than for a few quests/missions).

Although in reality, it would be good to have the shouts in all the main areas of the starting cities (dont really need in heavens tower/metalworks/chateau). Additionally this should include aht urghan whitegate (NOT al zahbi due to beseiged)
    (5)
    As I stand looking out from my mog house window, I reminisce about the old days and the many ups and downs of my adventures throughout Vana'diel.

It is then that I know achievement.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I agree with list Economizer posted, with two carveats: Add chocbo circuit to the list; and:

Tavnazian Safehold
    Sealion's Den
    Sealions den is a BCNM area. While it plays the town music and there are non-battle reasons to be in the area, if yell was allowed in this area, you'd be seeing yells while in the BC fight if you happened to be doing it. For similar reasons, it might be wise for them to disable yell during besieged in Al Zhabi if that's possible.

Low priority but "would be nice:"

All ferries and airships.
    (0)

Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Sealions den is a BCNM area. While it plays the town music and there are non-battle reasons to be in the area, if yell was allowed in this area, you'd be seeing yells while in the BC fight if you happened to be doing it. For similar reasons, it might be wise for them to disable yell during besieged in Al Zhabi if that's possible.
    All the past cities are also campaign battle locations, and they are already spammed by campaign announcements for anyone who hasn't filtered them out. Considering that and the desire to preserve some integrity of Wings of the Goddess, I think that those 3 zones should be excluded as well.

On the topic of Sea Lion's Den, it's a pretty unique zone. Unlike a normal BCNM area, it has a map, it has town music, and it has a CS bard instead of a Goblin footprint. It also serves a travel purpose, because it connects Tavnazia and Al'Taieu.

Hall of the Gods is also a town zone from a technical standpoint, because it carries the same ability restrictions as all town zones except Al Zahbi/past cities/Sea Lion's Den/The Colosseum.

Anyway, my changes to his list: cut Sea Lion's Den and the Colosseum, because those are zones where people should not be idle. I think that the "should not be idle there" factor is also a legitimate reason to keep Chateau D'Oraguille, Metalworks, and Heavens Tower off the list (as well as Hall of the Gods). Due to the fact that battles and/or campaign spam already take place in Al Zahbi and the past nations, keep yell out of there. Add Chocobo Circuit, and please add the feature to Mog Houses/Rent-A-Rooms.

Put it in every normal town zone. And please, if you pick and choose, DO NOT prioritize Bastok Markets over Bastok Mines. Bastok Mines is where it's at, *****es. The only people who think Bastok Markets is an important location for players are noobs, non-Bastokers, and Square Enix.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Yrusama View Post
    Unless they plan to let yells from Jeuno reach other towns, in which case every town would be nice.
    I'm pretty sure that's the idea. If not, then the entire thing is pointless.

My list, tiered by importance:

Mog House
    Chocobo Circuit (if AH and nomad and porter moogles added)

Bastok Mines
    Port Sandy
    Windurst ?

Whitegate
    Tavnazia
    Nashmau

Norg
    Rabao
    Kazham
    (0)

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Should be able to /yell or hear yells:

main City zones (All zones in city that is not Heavens Tower, Metalworks, or Chateau D'Origuille)

Aht Urghan Whitegate

Adoulin Main City zones.

Chocobo Circuit.

Low Priority:

Norg, Rabao, Kazahm, Mhara, Selbina

For Storyline reasons Exclude:
    -Tavnazian Safehold and all associated zones

-Any (S) zones
    (1)

Character
    Grievor
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Id say any zone with quick-warp access to abyssea and/or voidwatch minimum. Also potentially add an option to moghouses so you can from the house menu, turn on and tune in to local shouts and global yells.
    (0)

Character
    Sehachan
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Whitegate and starter nations.
    (1)

Character
    Nyheen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    they saying /yell cant be done in all area, so i think it would be best if they just add it in

sandy
    bastok
    windy
    aht urhgan

since these places got the most zones it will work well. the other zones only have just 1 zone like rabao so it no point of putting that there, or you guys talking about having all towns/city link with /yell? O.o
    (2)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast