Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: /yell Expansion

Character
    Danial
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I think being able to invite cross region would compliment the yell expansion well.
    (17)

Character
    Clumps
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Yeah i totally agree in having all the /yells put into all the 3 starting cities that have Auction house's as well as whitegate and tavnazian safehold jeuno and adoulin.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Motenten View Post
    Lower priority:

Kazham
    Selbina
    Mhaura
    Norg
    Nashmau

I really can't see a lot of value of having /yells there. Yes, it may be nice to be able to hear shouts there (and there's no problem with them being in the "why not?" category), but how many people have any reason to stay there for extended periods?
    Perhaps look into where would you like to be able to yell from, rather than just where would you like to yell to?

Certainly for Nashmau, you could stand there and yell one last time for anyone wanting to do Einherjar before you go, perhaps?

Some of the other zones are popular among fishermen, too. Though tbh with the shoutbox on ffxiah it's mainly a moot point anyway.

Perhaps if Camate had given more direction on just how many extra zones they were able to add, it would help us to give a better answer. No point in prioritising the top 20 zones if they can add up to 50.
    (5)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Which areas do you feel would benefit the most from this feature?
    In this order:
    1. Chocobo Circuit
    2. Zones with a Chocobo Circuit Entrance (Bastok Mines, Southern San d'Oria, Windurst Woods).
    3. Aht Urghan Whitegate
    4. Holy City of Adoulin (at least one zone)
    5. All Other City Zones (all of Bastok, San d'Oria, Windurst)
    6. All Other Town Zones

If you wish to add these in stages to test server strain, please add them in order. Not every zone in every city needs it, but having one zone in each city would provide much utility.

One thought to add some game logic to /yell is to have it carry magically through the Chocobo Circuit, meaning that the Chocobo Circuit and any zone connected to it would have /yell, which would be a neat little explanation. Alternatively, zones with Auction Houses in them (since they're connected). This is secondary to utility however.
    (7)

There should probably be /yell available in every town or city that consists of several zones. Maybe also an optional feature to receive yells when you are in a mog house as well?
    (3)

Player
    Greetings!

Which areas do you feel would benefit the most from this feature?
    Every zone that has:
    • a Nomad Moogle.
    • a Porter Moogle.
    • an Auction House.
    • an entryway to your moghouse.
    (9)
    Tanama - Monstrosity Enthusiast

Character
    Kigensuro
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Greetings!

We have been continuing to examine the server stress ever since we implemented the /yell feature, and as a result we’ve determined that there is room to expand this feature a bit more.

While we will not be able to add this for every single area, we would like to explore ways to improve the convenience of this feature. That’s where you all come in! Which areas do you feel would benefit the most from this feature? Let us know and we will look into the options.
    link every city(except Al Zahbi because it could interfere with Besieged) this would clear up Jeuno quite a bit i would think
    (1)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    I know this is tangential, but I'd rather see something more robust/elegant than standing around /yelling.
    (1)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!

Character
    Kigensuro
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziyyigo-Tipyigo View Post
    I know this is tangential, but I'd rather see something more robust/elegant than standing around /yelling.
    so would i
    like a way for people to post the a board in game for help
    (2)

Character
    Yru
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mnejing View Post
    Whitegate and lesser cities (Tav, Rabao, Norg etc)
    Tav, Rab, and Norg are all single-zone. It makes more sense to expand to home nations, whitegate, and the upcoming Adoulin areas. Unless they plan to let yells from Jeuno reach other towns, in which case every town would be nice.

Certain towns should stay secluded as part of the lore, namely Tavnazian Safehold. It's supposed to be a shock when you get there and find survivors, so hearing yells from there when in Jeuno would kind of spoil it.
    (0)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast