Character
    Artaniss
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 39

If I just created an acct how long before i can transfer to another server?

I just made my acct. How long do I have to stay on he server I am on now and get a transfer to another server. It seems dead on my server which is Leviathan. Thanks...
    (0)

Character
    Rustic
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Artaniss View Post
    I just made my acct. How long do I have to stay on he server I am on now and get a transfer to another server. It seems dead on my server which is Leviathan. Thanks...
    At your level, it's just easier to delete the character and make a new one, rather than transferring. But remember this- the starting areas are going to seem a lot more empty than the "core" areas people move to once they're done with the newbie areas. Windurst, San d'Oria and Bastok are pretty sleepy places compared to Jeuno or Al Zahbi, both of which tend to be the center of where higher-level play happens...especially since the game is old enough to be "top heavy" in many ways. Generally, you're going to be:

1-10: quietly spending your time in your starting country, doing your first missions, quests, etc.
    11-30: Gusgen Mines if grouping, learning about Grounds of Valor (dungeon soloing) if not. Pick up a gate crystal at any crag (Mea/Holla/Dem) you cross along the way for later so you can use the WHM teleport spells to jump there in a hurry.
    20ish: Visit Jeuno for chocobo license (but not before 20), visit Selb/Mhar for subjob quest (18ish minimum, soloable by 25-30)
    25-30: Getting your items for subjobs.
    30+: Crawler's Nest parties, exploring the world, starting Abyssea timers, unlocking new jobs...basically, a whole LOT of stuff.

At that 25-30 range, things really do tend to get busier. Most folks visit Jeuno for the first time to get their chocobo license and are stunned by how many -people- you see running around. Most MMO's centralize like this- having a hub where most players congregate. Don't feel strange that your home nation is a quiet spot.
    (0)
    Last edited by Rustic; 02-07-2013 at 01:37 AM.
    Old-time player, new-time character- Ragnarok server.

Character
    Serenus
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 14
    Wow i had the same doubts too but now í'll just enjoy the game while i lvl up.
    (0)
    Its a good day for an adventure

Character
    Rustic
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenus View Post
    Wow i had the same doubts too but now í'll just enjoy the game while i lvl up.
    Best thing to do as a new player, IMHO.

There's always the exp-o-tron that is Abyssea from 30th level onwards at this point, but you only get to explore the world from the bottom up -once-. Have fun doing it, meeting people as you wander, learning what you want to learn. It's all too easy to get locked into the grind. Dodge it.
    (0)
    Old-time player, new-time character- Ragnarok server.