Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

Providing needed feedback on Dragoon.

Lately, I have been sending feedback here. Those of you posting your suggestions here should also copy/paste it to the Suggestions & Feedback section of the Square-Enix Support Center. I am not 100% sure but I believe all suggestions sent there are translated and sent to the development team. I send feedback there assuming not all suggestion posts made on this forum are translated and sent over.

The content below is the last suggestion I sent to the Support Center.

Hello, here is a quote about what the majority of the FFXI community thinks of Dragoon today:

"My verdict on Dragoon: If you want to play DRG, this isn't just recommended, it's mandatory to have a RYUNOHIGE. DRG is very poorly designed and barely keeps up with 1h jobs without it."
    The above statement is true today.

Personally, I spent a great deal of time making a Gungnir and a Rhongomiant mistakenly not knowing they were inferior choices. Now I have to spend a year making gil and working on all mythic quests to make a Ryunohige because DRG isn't acceptable unless you make a mythic. This is not justified for relic and empyrian owners and to the DRG job in general. Something must be done to address this.

• Boost DRG. DRG needs proper tools like attack boosts and job ability Haste so that it can keep up with WAR, DRK, SAM, and MNK.

• Adjust Geirskogul so that it can compete with today's top weapon skills in terms of damage. (IE STR modifier, Damage varies with TP + additional attack modifier)

• Change Geirskogul's aftermath to either:
      [A] A strong EnThunder effect to keep with the Gungnir theme.
      [B] A potent Double attack rate like DNC's Saber Dance.

• Extend all relic aftermath duration from 20/40/60 seconds to 60/90/120 seconds. If you're feeling generous, change it to 90/120/180 seconds.

• Fix Gungnir's added effect Defense down so that it does not overwrite Angon's defense down.

• Adjust Camlann's Torment so that Rhongomiant can be as strong as other powerful weapons such as Ragnarok, Ukonvasara, Masamune. (Again, STR modifier, Damage varies with TP + addditional attack modifier)

• Boost the wyvern's offense. The development team has done a good job of making the wyvern better defensively. Now the team needs to make the wyvern a bit better offensively so that the wyvern is not only there to boost Soul Jump and Spirit Jump.

• Improve damage of all Jumps and add bonus effects such as decrease enmity of the player behind you.

I believe these changes are well deserved for Dragoon which is currently looked at as a gimp job unless you have a Ryunohige. This needs to be remedied. Thanks for taking the time to read and consider this.
    (5)
    Tanama - Monstrosity Enthusiast

Character
    Giers
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Jumps should be BIG, they need to have weight behind them, Super jump also should get the soul spirit make over.

We need an auto attack boost asap its sad to see a DRK in worse gear then me hit literally 2 times as hard as I do an faster then I do.

"I" would prefer DRG get a conserve TP remake where as long as your weapon skill lands, you get 15 tp plus your weapon skills TP back, effectively always give us a 5 hit build or w/e it is. Along side this we need a DRG type stance where we can no longer Skill chain with others but only our self, this would have to extend the grace period between when a skill has to land, an when it is to late, but I think this is what DRG should be buffed like.

The above idea not only scales well into every stat we enjoy, but gives us reason to use our other weapon skills. Now there would need to be some changes to what skill chains with what, but I think in an ideal world they buff Gierskogul, and Impulse drive, and make them each chain with Drakes and Stardiver for Light or Darkness.

So you build your 100 tp, Impulse Drive, get your 44 Tp back, 2 to 3 attacks then Drakesbane for Light.
    Or you build your 100 Tp, Geirskogul, get your 44tp back 2 to 3 attacks Stardiver for Dark

I dunno I'm tired an I felt like going over board with this idea
    (0)
    Last edited by Giers; 01-19-2013 at 07:02 PM.

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

DRG is a versatile job. Whereas WAR DRK and SAM can be used as DD or maybe Tank, DRG can be used as support, or as an incredibly good solo job.

This means it's more on par with BLU than WAR, DRK or SAM.

Any direct buff to att speed or attacks in general would need to be a stance along the lines of seigan/hasso, where when getting the attack boosts completely nerf or disable breaths, otherwise there wouldn't be much left in the game that DRG couldn't solo easily.

Edit: I just read that they are looking to remove the level correction, meaning DRG will no longer be on par with BLU as BLU is currently massively affected by LC, whereas DRG isn't so much. DRG will soon find itself towards the lower tiers of the DD list, with NIN THF BLU and certainly MNK if it isn't already, moving above it. Quite possibly even DNC PUP and BST too.

In fact, If/when this adjustment comes in, I'll probably sell my DRG gear and just focus on THF.
    (0)
    Last edited by Babekeke; 01-19-2013 at 09:10 PM.

Player
    DRG would have been the perfect job for Save TP traits. Let SAM be the king of WS potency and gaining TP, let DRG be the king of Conserving/Saving TP. Conserve TP was a nice start but it's too unreliable even at a 27~ proc rate at 99, the value that it conserves is a random interger and thus very unreliable. If DRG could be consistent and have Save TP+20 as a trait or through a series of progression traits culminating in a value of Save TP+20, DRG would be fare a lot better and be more flexible.
    (2)

Character
    Kyqrieas
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I very much agree with save TP for DRG. Would give DRG that edge against other DD while maintaining balance as we would get the majority of the fixes we need through our gear choices when not needing so much store TP. For example if we had save tp +20 then after the first ws, we would get 36 tp back at least (assuming you use Rajas and Brutal in ws set) with a possibility of 39 if you use stardiver/drakes and all hits land. This could possibly be unbalanced as we would be able to achieve a 5 hit with /sam alone, but maybe give DRG +15 save TP and it would allow us to switch out the items we use for Store TP and replace them with items that gear us more towards attack and double/triple attack. While getting this we would also need a slight amount of store TP to maintain our 5 hits so planning our options would still be needed. Would really fix a lot of DRG's problems with 1 new trait and nothing else.
    (0)

Player
    It would be nice seeing as DRG doesn't have any unique Job Traits. SAM has Store TP, WAR has Double Attack etc. Would be nice if DRG could uniquely get its own Save TP traits, if anything it would make us slightly less reliant on /SAM for Store TP. This would be a welcomed alternative to us simply getting an Attack Boost stance which I have come to terms with that DRG will never get for reasons unknown to me.
    (2)

Character
    Giers
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    It would be really nice to have something like that, as it really only scales off how many hits land in your weapon skill which lines up with our Acc.
    (0)

Character
    Dragmagi
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Dragon breaker also needs work. Ive found it wont work on some dragon type nms.
    (0)

I agree. Save TP, a bit more native attack, and better "superweapons" along with improvements to the WSes of these weapons, and DRG would be a lot closer to good than it is now.

While I'm at it, I might repeat an earlier idea that was mentioned somewhere. How about a trait for DRG that was stronger the stronger your opponent was? The more levels above you the target was, the higher your attack against it would be (or lower defense for the target), as well as ignoring a certain amount (also increasing with enemy level) of damage resistance if the target has any.

This strengthens DRG against the targets where it is currently considered weak (high level NMs) while it does not make it stronger where it is currently considered strong (killing things that are close to the DRGs own level, or below).

This could either be a constantly active trait, or it could be a JA with timers similar to berserk. If it was made a JA, there could even be a drawback associated with it. Perhaps it would also make the DRG get a +DT% amount based on how many levels above him the target was. In either case, it would be like a berserk-lite, in that it would have close to the same damage boost, but only work on high level enemies.
    (2)
    Last edited by Mirage; 01-25-2013 at 02:48 PM.

Player
    good idea mirage, but lets make it cap at a certain amount of attack depending on how high the mob is vs you... we don't need a percentile number adjustment because then the trait/ability could be abused for mucho mondo damage (maybe)
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast