Character
    Artaniss
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 39

Brand New and no Clue lol. On Leviathan server.

Just made my acct. which in itself was an adventure lol. Anywho, I am on leviathan server and made a Whitmage but dont know if I made a mistake as I read they are hard to solo but then again that post was made a few years ago. I am also an elven and I hope I didn't screw that up either pertaing to what job I decide to do later if I decide t change it to like a thief or RM or something. Please let me know if anyone can help me in game.
    Oh my in game name is Artaniss.
    oh and 2 ore questions. WHere do I get my in game item that I get for making the acct. iT's a berret I think. And how many characters am I allowed to have on 1 account and if I make another character Can I delete my old one and do I have to pay an extra one dollar a month for another character? Thanks...
    (0)
    Last edited by Artaniss; 01-16-2013 at 07:45 AM.

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    it is 11:34am, wed, jan 16, 2013. At this point in time, your post has 43 views, and no replies until now. Before I answer your question, I'd like to /slap those 43.. when the game does finally get shut off, I don't want to hear anyone bitch about missing ffxi when your not taking the time to share your knowlegde/help with those in need, who in return will keep the game going so YOU can play.

Artaniss? Nice to meet you. An extra character is a dollar, reguardless. I'm not sure about the beret, I dont have access to one. Characters you can have more than six, think its closer to 10-12 per account.

Elvaan is my choice, we get screwed on dex and mp, but have the second highest health (hp) total. So we have a habbit of survival. Elvaan have a very high mnd, so for a white mage you are not in a bad place. I notice at 99 theres plenty of gear that has accuracy on it, and mp isnt as big an issue post abyssea as it was pre abyssea because of the tons of available refresh gear. So elvaan is not as rough a pick as it used to be.

On a final note, since you are very new, if you haven't picked that server because of real life friends, come to bismarck, I finally made a linkshell, got tired of the bullshit in other people's now I just run around frustrated in mine, lol. Come to bismarck, I'll give you a linkshell pearl and you can ask anyone in there any time for advice and for help for those who are willing to help themselves.

And mostly, welcome to ffxi!
    (0)
    Last edited by Concerned4FFxi; 01-17-2013 at 02:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Here are some great sites to help you get you journey started. the first is ffxiah.com, from this hub you can use the hyper text links to goto the official forums, bg wiki, gamerescape wiki, and the orginal wiki.

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/11811/destrier-beret
    this is a link to the online auction house, this is the item you are trying to get, the beret, there are instructions there for it

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/11811/destrier-beret
    some info on the item's use from the bg wiki

also, here is the north american number to SE for ffxi, call them if nothing can seem to help you.
    858-790-7529
    live in europe? here you go>>
    +44(0) 870-600-0182 (english)
    (0)
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    here's some simple yet basic needs for whm, this will help you to not waste your time as much, I hope.

Use a light staff until you start/complete >>Magian trail staff, Arka IV
    whm af3+1/2 head (empyrean, af3, orison gear)
    whm af3+1/2 body (empyrean, af3, orison gear) or noble's tunic from auction house/bazaar
    whm af3+1/2 legs (empyrean, af3, orison gear)
    serpentes cuffs and boots (abyssea)
    whm af1 or af1+1 hands (artifact, af1, healer's mitts)
    witful belt, auction house/bazaar (vw)
    af3 (empyrean, af3) back peice from abyssea

af3 (empyrean, af3, orison gear) from chariot nm in abyssea. Great thing about this is it drops off a mob that is needed to pop another nm called rani, which is still a sort of high demand notorious monster. My point, if you see a /shout for rani, then you know you can get your earring off the chariot, so join that. On my server people still sell rani drops, so I would ask that seller if he/she needs a whm and that you only want the rani title from his kill and the earring off the chariot.

The af3 neck and a few others are a little harder to come by, but that's you basic set up. You can use the af1 healer's mitts with the serp feet and still get the refresh (the refresh from both gloves and boots DOES NOT STACK, I dont know why people always idle in both, it does nothing but give +5% cure potency, which you will swap into cure gear for anyway)or the combination of serp hands and feet for their set bonus of cure potency +5%.

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with af3 hands and feet, I just don't use mine except to macro in auspice or for the set bonus. They don't get full timed like the head or legs

here's a list of the most important af3 in order from most important to least
    1. pants
    2. head
    3. body (this eventually gets beat out by vw head/body set for your refresh/idle set and becomes a macro peice later, but until you get the vw body (painfully rare)cthis is still 1/2+ mp a tic refresh for +1/2 body)
    (0)
    Last edited by Concerned4FFxi; 01-17-2013 at 02:42 AM.

Character
    Artaniss
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 39
    Thank you so much for your replies. I absolutely love this game but still getting used to the interface ( UI ). Anywho, I joined Leviathan and I did meet a few people but none that asked to me to join the LS. But anyways I am enjoying myself learning the game. How long do I have to wait to get a world transfer?
    (0)

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    your level 9, dont bother with transfer. Just delete that character and make a new one on bismarck. srnd me a /tell when u get here. ^^
    (0)

Character
    Artaniss
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 39
    Quote Originally Posted by Concerned4FFxi View Post
    your level 9, dont bother with transfer. Just delete that character and make a new one on bismarck. srnd me a /tell when u get here. ^^
    Ok I have a stupid question I made 30K Gil and do I lose all of that and have to start selling again to make cash? And do i have to re-register the new toon once I delete the old one?
    (0)

Character
    Rustic
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Heh. Some of the "answers" here are talking about characters way, WAY past "beginner".

We're talking newbie-newbie here, people. Noble's Tunics and relic armors are not the domain of someone with their first job in single digits, people! I posted elsewhere on another topic the OP started since he's having second thought about WHM for now. Ironically, these days a lowbie WHM isn't in a bad place. Since a lot of 10-30 are players in Gusgen Mines partying, even having a club handy to bash with isn't a drawback considering MNK and WHM are it for really dealing full damage to the local skeletons.
    (0)
    Old-time player, new-time character- Ragnarok server.

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Artaniss View Post
    Ok I have a stupid question I made 30K Gil and do I lose all of that and have to start selling again to make cash? And do i have to re-register the new toon once I delete the old one?
    You would lose everything, you'd make a completely blank character. I don't think you have to register anything, though, although admittedly I didn't do this in almost a decade, so maybe I'm not the best source of information on this.

Also, as I mentioned in your other thread, I'd gladly take you in if you're still looking for a linkshell. We have quite a few people new to the game, so you'd have people to team up with, and others often help out as well.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers