Character
    Kyqrieas
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99

To Devs - Please give DRG a well needed attack boost!

I was going to place this in one of my other threads but I feel it should be more noticeable so making it into a thread of its own. Please Devs give us more attack boost options.

At the moment we as DRG are limited to 2 subs being /sam or /war. If we wish to get a boost to our already fairly low attack we need to sub war losing all of sams bonuses which are more beneficial to DRG due to the delay reductions with hasso. If we sub sam we lose all the benefits of having war's JA's and the attack boosts that make other jobs shine when it comes to damage.

To expand on this, you have slightly realised the dilemma at hand as I see you gave DRG the attack boost trait II at level 91... But that is not enough attack boost considering our limited options when compared with other DD's. For example DRK (who also have the issues of being limited to /sam if they want the delay reduction) get attack bonus VI as a trait at the same level, and on top of that they have souleater and last resort to boost their attacks even further.

Please can you not see that DRG is no longer a sole solo job and that people like to deal damage with this job, and it has been that way for a large number of years? It seems as though you still treat DRG as if it is only used for solo when really I hardly ever see any DRG being used for solo and if it is used it's more recreational than serious.

There have been a lot of posts about this issue and I would just like an answer if anything... Is there a reason why DRG is not given the luxury of having a good amount of attack? I'm pretty sure every DRG would stand by me and say that the job really does need an adjustment, either in the shape of better attack traits, or possibly a job ability that serves like hasso to allow us to /war.
    (5)

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I say make the wyvern as strong as a bst's pet, the better ones, with better pet abilities, but yah...this could work too.
    (0)

Player
    Wyverns are pretty strong with the update. My wyvern hits delve NMs for 80-120 and crits for 190. They need to fix NM's resistance to breath damage and/or make breath damage from wyverns more powerful. Currently my Wyvern will hit for 80-120 but when it's attack delay is interrupted to ready an Elemental Breath, the breath does 20-30 damage with full wyvern HP(I'm pretty sure this is an unresisted breath because even with deep breathing, it does like 100ish and Deep Breathing adds a lot of accuracy to breaths.) Furthermore it would be nice to have a pet command that limits the wyvern from using a breath so it conserves it's TP so that the DRG can steal 50% of it every 90 seconds with Spirit Link.
    (1)

Character
    Kaiichi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I don't want to get too involved in one of these "DRG's are too weak" threads so I am not going to aside from this one post on the matter. but with that aside, I do believe DRG should have gained a "Critical Damage Boost" Job Trait and not the "Critical Defense Boost" that they did. However please keep in mind that Dragoons do in fact have a companion where-en Dark Knights do not. This could also answer the question "Where is my Wyvern as /DRG?" however if they ever did implement a Wyvern with /DRG, I could see SE actually raising the bar for a DRG's damage output. On a side note, I would rather see the implementation of tier 2 breaths that are based on max HP rather than current HP. This alone would suffice.

On another note, dose anyone else remember when the Dragoons primarily complaint was the color of there wyvern? Not that they where knocking the blue, just wanted more individuality.
    (1)
    Warning: You have the right to remain silent. Anything you do or say will be misunderstood, misworded, misquoted, and then used against you. For this is the law of the interwebs.

Player
    Considering I use Qiqiru's name instead of calling her just a wyvern, I've always wanted to change her color because she's awesome and she's been a great partner since i started leveling drg oh so long ago.... She deserves to stand out!

*Derails thread then proceeds to rerail it*
    (0)

For the sake of uniqueness or something, give DRGs a trait/JA that let them ignore a certain amount of enemy defence based on how much stronger than them the enemy is. It'll make them stronger on important stuff, while also not functioning exactly the same way as other DD's attack boosts.
    (0)

Player
    a merited angon can be used practically back to back and it's asolid defense down which does make you stronger. deep breathing also increases damage but thats a different arguement with it's own points to debate. we can aquire TP at a much more rapid rate than most jobs we have our jumps and our wyvern along with stp and DA TA and conserve TP (although I wish they would introduce more pieces with this on them)

SE already said they want Drg to be about just outright instant damage at a moments notice when it's needed.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Umichi View Post
    conserve TP (although I wish they would introduce more pieces with this on them)
    If only Conserve TP was either a constant % of TP, or a constant % chance of occurring, and conserve TP gear would affect whichever was not the constant. You could then either build so that you had enough conserve TP gear so that when it kicked in, you would get enough TP to negate an extra hit, or you could build to increase the proc rate, if it had say a standard 20% TP when it procced.

As it is, there is absolutely no point what-so-ever in wearing any conserve TP gear, purely for the effect of conserve TP itself.

Up until SoA came out, I was using Patientia lance (+7), light belt (+7) and aesir ear pendant (+3/6) in my WS gear, and I can count on 1 hand how many times I actually got a full 40% TP returned from a WS.

It's slightly more useful if you are /mage, using a lower delay weapon (Ophidian for eg), or just aren't bothering with Stp in your melee sets for a low-hit setup. The reason for this is obviously that if you only get 15TP per swing, you only need to conserve 15TP to negate a hit towards your next WS.

If you're using a 5-hit build though, conserve TP is completely useless (unless you're getting hit, I guess).
    (1)

Player
    I get a pretty consistant return on conserve TP, I was using vougiers contus light belt but i didn't have aesir earring pre audolin. I droped vougiers contus but I still see a 33% tp return not to often, but more oten enough to know i dont have enough hands to count them on.

then again I do /mage a vast majority of the time so maybe you are right... so again I'm justified in my response thank you~.
    (0)