Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Bizniztyme
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99

Come back next game day!! or Come back after japanese midnight!!!

Please for the love of god, get rid of these for quests, it's the most annoying thing ever!!!
    (23)

Player
    Or at least have them a bit more consistent. I mean is it right that for someone who goes into a CS 30 seconds before someone else, has their affairs taken care of instantly, while someone else who starts that very same CS has to wait 24 hours? I mean in reality, if an airship takes time to get prepped, I understand, but the fact my airship takes 10 minutes, and my GF's takes a day because she was a few minutes slow on getting to places seems a bit weird to me.
    (8)

Character
    Shuffles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Ranger AF1 bow. full moon at night for the object to appear.
    (8)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by xbobx View Post
    Ranger AF1 bow.
    I see your Ranger AF1 Bow, and raise you 1 Ark Pentesphere.
    (14)

Character
    Cardgrey
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    I see your Ranger AF1 Bow, and raise you 1 Ark Pentesphere.
    O.o ill see both your bow and your penteshere and throw in a San d'Orian Carrot
    (3)

Character
    Bizniztyme
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    lol nice, right? I mean, just the White gate missions, you're on a roll, getting through the missions, then BAM!!!!, gotta wait til next midnight to start the next mission.
    (4)

Player
    Well to be fair its not all to bad these days by compare to before. I mean back when the missions were hard you could be doing the easier ones and come to a fight you had to wait weeks to do because you could not win solo, and needed friends or shout groups to help. Basically, even though this seems like an annoying break in the story and wait time, it is admittedly better than before, never the less I agree that these quest lines are annoying when they pull out a big wait time like that.

One recently that annoyed me greatly was with my 2nd character going to get an Ethereal Earring, I was on my way to finish the Bahamut fight quest and as I went, the conquest tally ended, which set me back an entire real life week because I was literally about 3 minutes to slow.
    (3)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    While a lot of these delays can be reduced or removed, there are some quests where the delay is reasonable- where the NPC clearly expects you to come back not right now but at some time in the future. In that regard it would be kind of silly if you could just stand there and talk to the NPC again immediately. Inconvinent as it may seem, in some cases it is used for effect. In other cases, it's used intentionally to control the speed at which certain things happen. In these cases you'll have to just suck it up and deal with it- it's a mechanism to keep you in the game longer. ToAU it was pretty heaivly abused though. I guess they didn't want everyone to be able to blow through all the missions in a day or two when they were brand new. But most of those waits could be cut out now.

The only waits I particularly hated were the "next conquest" waiting periods. This was particularly silly because depending on when you did the quest, you could either have to wait a week, or wait just one day. But some of these waits were removed not too long ago (e.g. for the upgrades from the AF/AF2 upgrade NPC), so it has gotten better.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 01-15-2013 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bizniztyme View Post
    lol nice, right? I mean, just the White gate missions, you're on a roll, getting through the missions, then BAM!!!!, gotta wait til next midnight to start the next mission.
    Whitegate missions are like that because they ended at those points before the next update. There's more than enough to do in XI where a gameday or rl day wait shouldn't completely grind your gameplay to a halt.
    (3)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Elexia View Post
    Whitegate missions are like that because they ended at those points before the next update.
    They're fully implemented now and have been for years.

There's more than enough to do in XI where a gameday or rl day wait shouldn't completely grind your gameplay to a halt.
    If they want to do missions and can't because of a built-in delay then their gameplay is being ground to a halt. Gameplay isn't about what you CAN do, it's about what you WANT to do.
    (9)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast