Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Waits like these are funny, the devs were scared that a bunch of people would finish the story and then quit but most of us have been here for 5+ years. Not because the content is hard or due to the clever system of delays built into mission storylines, but because we like the game and our friends. They need to keep that in mind when designing content, if it's designed to be fun then people will keep coming back regardless, no arbitrary waiting periods necessary.
    (6)

While some waits are understandable, "japanese midnight" is a terrible mechanic. If you want something to take "a long time", make it solely based on ingame days, not some magical thing called JPM that doesn't actually exist within the game's world. Replace Japanese Midnight waits with 3-5 vanadiel days or something, depending on what it is you're waiting for. 3 days should be plenty to ready an airship. Worst case scenario for a JPM is like 25 vanadiel days. 25 days to prepare an airship? That's ridiculous. Alexander would have flattened all the middle nations in that time.
    (15)

Character
    Bizniztyme
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Elexia View Post
    Whitegate missions are like that because they ended at those points before the next update. There's more than enough to do in XI where a gameday or rl day wait shouldn't completely grind your gameplay to a halt.
    I know there's plenty to do in XI but the missions was what i wanted to do currently and hindering me from doing content i want to do just for the sake of it is not good no matter how you slice it. I can understand Limbus, Dynamis, etc...but MISSIONS!!!!? Come on!!
    (5)

Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    They're fully implemented now and have been for years.
    No shit sherlock, I wouldn't have noticed that, thanks for telling me. I mean, it's not like ToAU has been out since 2006 or something and there was a reason it was setup the way it was..it's almost as if some people think SE would retroactively change mission setups instead of going forward...like all companies does.

That would be weird.

If they want to do missions and can't because of a built-in delay then their gameplay is being ground to a halt. Gameplay isn't about what you CAN do, it's about what you WANT to do.
    You have a really roundabout way of trying to solidify your point, even though you failed at it. So you're telling me gameplay isn't about interactivity? So the reason people say Metal Gear Solid series is more of a movie than game isn't because of the lack of elements to do (read: can do) that requires actually playing the game? Thanks for clearing that up, here I thought ever since I started gaming back in the 80s that gameplay referred to doing things with a character.
    (0)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

Character
    Bizniztyme
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    No shit sherlock, I wouldn't have noticed that, thanks for telling me. I mean, it's not like ToAU has been out since 2006 or something and there was a reason it was setup the way it was..it's almost as if some people think SE would retroactively change mission setups instead of going forward...like all companies does.

That would be weird.

You have a really roundabout way of trying to solidify your point, even though you failed at it. So you're telling me gameplay isn't about interactivity? So the reason people say Metal Gear Solid series is more of a movie than game isn't because of the lack of elements to do (read: can do) that requires actually playing the game? Thanks for clearing that up, here I thought ever since I started gaming back in the 80s that gameplay referred to doing things with a character.
    Because removing old and dumb mechanics is moving on, and moving on for the better IMHO.

Your second paragraph makes no sense whatsoever.
    (7)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

That would be weird.
    They have retroactively changed mission "setups" before. What's the big deal with doing it now?

I don't recall the part in MGS where Campbell told me to halt the mission, hold my position, and call him back in 1 to 24 real life hours for further orders.

If I log in to FFXI wanting to play through missions and the game says "Nope, come back tomorrow" then my gameplay has been ground to a halt. You say that's acceptable because there are other things to do. I say it's not. If I wanted to do those other things at that time I'd be doing them.
    (8)

Character
    Annalise
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Puppetmaster is a decent example as well with how fast experience is nowadays.

You can solo from level 1 past several of the puppetmaster "japanese midnight" blocks in one day, which are at 10, 20, 30, 40, and 50 if you want all of the frames/heads (which a decent puppetmaster should). Back when PUP was newer, I leveled puppetmaster and this delay wasn't a big deal because of how much longer leveling took. Now, it's more noticeable.

The only other job that may have a time limit on big acquiring job specific stuff like this is summoner, due to fighting the Celestial avatars twice for Fenrir (which has a japanese midnight block, though you don't have to even unlock the job for it, or you can do it all before leveling).

The only other restrictions with jobs would be waits on things like artifact armor.

So yeah, an efficiently leveling puppetmaster has the same problem as someone trying to crank out the missions with artificial waits. I understand he has to make the puppet for you but it's not like just requiring zoning or something rather than japanese midnight is really that big of a deal.
    (7)

Character
    Masekase
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I agree remove the 1-day wait from quests. I think its lazy programming if they wanted you to wait longer then they could just have the npc request an item that they know will take a while to get i.e. piece of omega's heart or anything else that drops of a nm.
    (2)

Player
    Fetch quests are not a good way to fix this... its worse, just make it a game day if anything, those make much more sense than saying a real life period of time or putting more fetch quests into the game.
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

><)))°€

Hmmm, I might be more annoyed by the requirement of changing area to be able to repeat a quest. This holds especially true to the quests in Abyssea.

They did mention once that they are/were thinking of removing that (unsure if it meant quests in general or only those in Abyssea), but I have no idea what the status of that idea now is (or if it even exists any longer).

Also: Mission Progress: Wait until the next day (earth-time).

Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    Hello everyone!

The dev. team is looking into removing the wait time restrictions for older missions and events. However, we won't be able to remove them all at once since there are such a large amount of them and each of these event scenes being created differently.

If you guys could provide for us specific examples of where you have (or are) being inconvenienced by wait times, we can put those on the top of the list to be removed first.
    (4)
    ...or so the legend says.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast