Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Carth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

Gravity's Evasion Down Effect

For those that don't know, Gravity and Gravity II possesses a potent Evasion down effect. Gravity I gives approximately -10 Evasion, and Gravity II gives -40 Evasion.

The Eva down on Gravity I seems helpful but forgettable. However the -40 on Gravity II would be a huge boon on any evasive mob. However since Gravity is resisted on just about anything that matters in the entire game, RDM never gets to see this in action.

So my request is rather simple. Remove the effect of evasion down from Gravity, and make a new spell for it. Call it Immobilize, make it Earth element black magic, and make it a high level spell (75-99).
    (9)

Player
    That or separate the effects, so that even if the weight does not land, the EVA down can.
    (14)

Character
    Tamarsamar
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    I'd be all for making the Evasion Down unresistable!
    (8)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    I love back in 2006 when they said Mythics would be the casual-player's alternative to Relic weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Armando
    No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
    FFXI Official Forums in a nutshell:

Quote Originally Posted by saevel
    The stupid is strong here.

Character
    Shuffles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Its amazing how many people don't know this, most think its just weight so people don't cast it as an enfeeble.
    (4)

612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    This has been discussed before and I say now what I said than. We shouldn't have to take a nerf to a spell for it to work properly. If the Dev team would take there time and create content around spell's like this in order to claim a win. Than they wouldn't have to create clever stun's threw the use of ws, magic and JA in order to make content engaging.
    (1)

Player
    Well the sad thing about the spell is that even if you know its got the evasion down properties, any time you would really want access to that kind of enfeeble it is impossible to land. For example the NM in Neo-Temenos basement who spams flash all the time. It would be awesome to gravity it but its immune. Now when fighting the level 101 worm in Gustav who checks as Tough and I cap accuracy against, I can land gravity, but the effect of lowering its evasion is non-existent.

In reality I wonder how many people know, it could be small, or it could be many, part of the problem though is that few people who don't know would care to because it does not change the worth of the spell in the end. I know it lowers evasion, and anything I have ever said "hey, I should gravity this so I can hit it better" against, has been immune, so these days I often just don't bother with it anyways.
    (2)

I agree. Split Gravity's effect so that you inflict two separate status effects with the same spell, where each effect's accuracy is calculated independently of the other, and monsters can be immune to one of them without being immune to the other.

Immobilize is an all right idea, but doesn't absorb-agi do about the same thing, even if it might not be as potent as a separate eva down spell would be?
    (5)

Ive been saying for years they need to make the effects on this spell exclusive to each other. Then again in todays game with nearly every mob having move speed+ the weight effect is largely redundant anyhow. Id almost go as far as saying remove it completely at this point +5% Hit rate, and +20% hit rate is a pretty nice boost to our melee friends. So nice in fact that 20% increase would likely get nerfed if it was able to land.
    (0)
    There is no min only max. Or something like that.

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Some is still better than none and none is what RDM has a lot of some days.
    (0)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Character
    Tamarsamar
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Mageoholic View Post
    So nice in fact that 20% increase would likely get nerfed if it was able to land.
    They haven't nerfed Shield Break yet.

Just saying.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    I love back in 2006 when they said Mythics would be the casual-player's alternative to Relic weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Armando
    No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
    FFXI Official Forums in a nutshell:

Quote Originally Posted by saevel
    The stupid is strong here.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast