Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Carth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    That or separate the effects, so that even if the weight does not land, the EVA down can.
    I'd go with this idea, but I'm not sure if this is even possible. Has any spell worked like this?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Carth View Post
    I'd go with this idea, but I'm not sure if this is even possible. Has any spell worked like this?
    First time for everything.
    (0)

Character
    Calatilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I once knew a guy who considered himself the best RDM on Asura, when I mentioned the -eva on gravity he called me an idiot.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Calatilla View Post
    I once knew a guy who considered himself the best RDM on Asura, when I mentioned the -eva on gravity he called me an idiot.
    Good for him!

I don't see how this would be difficult to implement. It is certainly possible to make one TP move inflict several status effects at the same time, as you can see monsters do this pretty often. Doing the same with a spell, and giving player characters access to it is probably not very hard.
    (0)

Character
    Rustic
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Calatilla View Post
    I used to open by slapping Gravity on mobs as they came into exp parties. New people would always joke I was afraid they'd run away when they saw us until I had them check the evasion before and after I'd do it. Was nice for keeping a mob from jumping too fast on a party member that overdid aggro, too, since they could literally outrun the mob at need.
    (0)
    Old-time player, new-time character- Ragnarok server.

Character
    Llana
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Dia/Bio. Both have a DoT effect AND a status down effect, combined into a single icon/status.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    If you can't out-claim someone who's AFK, you need to find a new game to play.

Player
    You know what's going to happen right? The development team is going to take this awesome idea (and the others posted on the RDM forum) and apply them to SCH, BLM, WHM and soon GEO + RNF.
    (0)
    Tanama - Monstrosity Enthusiast

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Duh, that's what they do. Essentially RDM will be fixed when another job that uses Gravity realizes that it isn't favorable. Then they can do a blanket fix like healing, enfeebles, and soon to be elemental magic and 1h weapons.

I'm not really joking about this, also I'm pretty happy that broad strokes are how the game is being fixed because it all seems to be applicable to RDM in some way. They are just taking the long way to do it.

I would love Evasion down on gravity to stick, regardless of the weight. It really would do a lot for me personally. Go try fighting Goldwing with a RDM. It's really sad. Other jobs aren't really a lot better without a 2h Relic.
    (0)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Character
    Carth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Llana_Virren View Post
    Dia/Bio. Both have a DoT effect AND a status down effect, combined into a single icon/status.
    Dia/Bio can't be resisted either.
    (0)

Character
    Tamarsamar
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    Technically Dia and Bio are resisted all the time, but what gets resisted is the initial damage of the spell. (Of course, this isn't taking into account Magic Shield, either.)
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    I love back in 2006 when they said Mythics would be the casual-player's alternative to Relic weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Armando
    No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
    FFXI Official Forums in a nutshell:

Quote Originally Posted by saevel
    The stupid is strong here.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast