Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rejoice!

Rejoice!

RDM is getting a solid nuking buff. Our ability to cast spells incredibly fast is going to have us blazing through our MP in no time. Planned changes have T4 spells going from over 8 second cast time to 6. And mid 30's recast to 30 RDM can essentially chainspell nukes with the correct fast cast and recast setup. With damage variables being adjusted to allow for a nice cycle of 2 spells for constant nuking.

It is a good day to be a RDM.

T5's recast and cast time increase.

SCH is also going to benefit from this buff as well, we aren't the best but it is a step forward.
    (0)
    Last edited by Mageoholic; 01-13-2013 at 02:28 AM.
    There is no min only max. Or something like that.

Character
    Tamarsamar
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    While I'm generally not a huge RDM nuking fan (anything that I could solidly nuke I'd usually rather, ahem, get up close and personal with and not burn up all of my MP), from a game design perspective I'm ecstatic that they're giving basic Elemental spells not named "Blizzard" and "Thunder" some marginally more meaning.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    I love back in 2006 when they said Mythics would be the casual-player's alternative to Relic weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Armando
    No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
    FFXI Official Forums in a nutshell:

Quote Originally Posted by saevel
    The stupid is strong here.

It seems nice, we'll find out when its put in practice.

The thing is that, like Immunobreak, this nuke update is for all nukers, so what seems like a step forward will likely just leave RDM in the same place.
    (4)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunrider View Post
    It seems nice, we'll find out when its put in practice.

The thing is that, like Immunobreak, this nuke update is for all nukers, so what seems like a step forward will likely just leave RDM in the same place.
    Really this is the same to be said with everything RDM related sadly. If they fix one handed jobs, RDM will get buffed, but so will everything else around it currently, so nothing will really change for it. Healing was the same, order was WHM>SCH>RDM>PLD, now its WHM>SCH>RDM>PLD, enfeebling was no different, and nuking wont be either. Its good to know we are getting buffed, but we can not let this stop us from asking to be improved still because even after all of this our overall position will not have changed.
    (7)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    And what would you nuke on RDM that you wouldn't nuke better on SCH or BLM? At least the melee line there can be some argument for self sufficiency via self buffing, but for magic DD it would be asinine to take this as anything but a buff to BLM and SCH.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Player
    Part of RDM's ultimate flaw is the fact that SCH exists. Because SCH can do everything RDM can do but better, except for melee.
    (10)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    Part of RDM's ultimate flaw is the fact that SCH exists. Because SCH can do everything RDM can do but better, except for melee.
    Pretty much. The job SE should of never created, yet it's too late to stop it now.
    (6)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Hashmalum
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    Pretty much. The job SE should of never created, yet it's too late to stop it now.
    It's sad but true. SCH, as it was brought into FF11, was one of several jobs that was fundamentally misconceived--brought into Vana'diel without a soul of its own and for all the wrong reasons. They made a job that was mostly meant to exist as a subjob--basically, a job half-alive and half-dead--and it has struggled to fill the emptiness inside with roles stolen from other jobs ever since. Like a vampire, SCH was (re)born wrong. It is inherently parasitic; in such a situation, it is impossible for both predator and prey to both thrive. And as far as I can tell, both SCH and it's fellow stunted half-job DNC were created basically because the dev team knew that players like new jobs, and here were two from previous games that hadn't been done yet. (The equally misconceived PUP showed how bad things went when they tried to create a new never-before-seen job, and they were already lowballing things as it was by recycling so many areas in that expansion, so they stayed safe and went for the fanservice.)
    (3)

Character
    Tamarsamar
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    Puppetmaster happened when they tried to put Necromancer in the game, but then realized there was no way it would work. Incidentally, this is likely why PUP is stuck with so much misappropriated Mage gear (though, why PUP continues to get some of it every now and again is beyond me).

Also, and this is just a personal opinion, but I believe SCH did no less good for RDM than BLU did. Just as frontline RDMs were heckled to level BLU instead, so were backline RDMs relegated back to WHM and SCH. In a perverse way, I feel that it has restored some sense of balance to the job. Yeah, we're not really good at anything any more, but at the very least we're no longer pigeonholed into any one role.

Furthermore, as an optimist, I say that we really do have nowhere to go as a job but up from here, and if you were to look at the big picture, perhaps we may yet have some small reason to rejoice: sure, a nuking update will benefit all nuking jobs. Just like the healing update benefited all healing jobs, and a one-handed update will benefit all one-handed jobs.

But do you know the only job currently in Vana'diel that will yet benefit from all three? Certainly none that lacks the essential beauty and appeal of the Final Fantasy franchise's own Red Mage.

(The Enfeebling update, as I'm sure you know, was a slightly different deal, since we were already numero uno in that admittedly somewhat vestigial department. Nonetheless, words cannot describe my appreciation for when I see an explicit message that a mob "completely" resists a certain spell, implying that perhaps I shouldn't be wasting my time trying any more.)
    (7)
    Last edited by Tamarsamar; 01-14-2013 at 12:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    I love back in 2006 when they said Mythics would be the casual-player's alternative to Relic weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Armando
    No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
    FFXI Official Forums in a nutshell:

Quote Originally Posted by saevel
    The stupid is strong here.

Character
    Carth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    A bit off topic, but since it was talked about, I would say DNC at least in concept was a well-made job. At the beginning, it was poorly conceived. Lacked abilities, low damage, and a general misconception from the playerbase at large on how it was meant to be played. But after a few updates and learning the job, it's definitely the most unique class that was ever made by SE. Unfortunately the same can't be said on SCH, which I'm almost 100% positive they made the job mainly as a mage subjob.
    (3)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast