Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Character
    Scruffyballs
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    So you say DRK is to powerful, yet in the end nothing will be changed.
    If you want to adjust stuff, look at and how many Ragnaroks have been made just for Resolution.
    (0)

Character
    Kysaiana
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Like everyone else has been saying, the proposed change to merit point ws isn't going to do anything for 99% of the players. No one is going to lower the usefulness of one or more ws just to have a few more less crappy ws. Now, if the cap were raised say, 5 to 10 points, as well as this adjustment, then people would be happy, because they can choose to have 1-2 more capped ws or 5-10 more decent ws.
    (3)

Character
    Siiri
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Really warrior is the most overpowered job. Also, the big issue with Resolution and Rag is war's access to it, not drks. Especially during mighty strikes. As for the 1 handers, they are pretty weak on high defense mobs. I know in our neo nyzul group on the boss run its like our blue mage isn't even there. However during the climb, he can dream flower all the gears, etc, pen. embrace (spelling sorry) after chariots, blank gaze the soulflayers. If he was the best DD on the boss why would any other job exist? Got to be real careful with utility jobs like dnc, blue, thf, nin, pup as they are so strong in other ways.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    I approve of this, and would like to know two things mainly:

1) The Japanese post used the term "correction" for the 1H adjustments, which was interpreted by us to mean "level correction" to Ratio/Accuracy. Could you confirm if this is accurate?
    They are specifically talking about the fact that stats such as DEX and STR affect two-handed weapons more than single-handed weapons, and how they would like to make it so there are more merits to wielding single-handed weapons.
    The term "補正" can be translated as "correction" in some cases, but in this context it is the term known as "modifier."

Quote Originally Posted by Chamaan View Post
    Not a big deal or anything. The WoE item is called Devious Die, not Trick Die. I can totally see the translation there.
    Fixed! Thanks for pointing that out!
    (17)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Sylow
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    WHY NO RESPONSE ON THE SECOND QUESTION BYRTH ASKED CAMATE!? D:
    (6)

Quote Originally Posted by Alhenelem
    That doesn't sound quite right though. The way I read it, the final values will be the same as they are now, but the initial values will be higher, so that there is less difference between a level 1 WS and a maxed WS.
    The 'final' value being referred to is the WSC after alpha is applied.

Code:
    Merit     SE % (old)   Player %  (old)     SE % (new)   Player %  (new)
    1           17%          20%                 65%          76.5%
    2           34%          40%                 70%          82.4%
    3           51%          60%                 75%          88.2%
    4           68%          80%                 80%          94.1%
    5           85%         100%                 85%          100%
    In the existing system, 3 merits is barely passable (ie: roughly equivalent to old replacements like Asuran Fists). 4 is decent. 5 is good. The new numbers mean putting 1-2 merits in a weaponskill puts it at the 'decent' level.

Personal request to the devs: increase total merits available to somewhere in the 16-18 range. I would be perfectly happy with 3 maxed weaponskills and 3 tier 1 weaponskills, or thereabouts. We don't need enough to max out a 4th weaponskill, but the new numbers would make 1-2 merits in a weaponskill quite viable as an option to use on secondary jobs.
    (16)

Quote Originally Posted by Asymptotic View Post
    WHY NO RESPONSE ON THE SECOND QUESTION BYRTH ASKED CAMATE!? D:
    That might be because the first question was a translation question, which the reps are perfectly capable of answering since that's their job, whereas the second question was a mechanics question, and thus something they need to verify with the devs. Unsurprisingly, it's likely that they'll need to wait for a response before answering.
    (8)

Character
    Sylow
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Motenten View Post
    That might be because the first question was a translation question, which the reps are perfectly capable of answering since that's their job, whereas the second question was a mechanics question, and thus something they need to verify with the devs. Unsurprisingly, it's likely that they'll need to wait for a response before answering.
    BUT IT'S FRIDAY SO WE HAVE TO WAIT AT LEAST TWO DAYS I DON'T HAVE THAT LONG WHAT IF I DIE BEFORE THEN!? I WILL DIE NOT KNOWING! MY LIFE WILL BE INCOMPLETE!

Excuse me, I appear to have drooled on my caps lock button and gotten it temporarily stuck.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Asymptotic View Post
    Did your server not get Resolution or something?
    All I know is DRKs have been complaining about everything on this forum since its existence began.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Personal request to the devs: increase total merits available to somewhere in the 16-18 range. I would be perfectly happy with 3 maxed weaponskills and 3 tier 1 weaponskills, or thereabouts. We don't need enough to max out a 4th weaponskill, but the new numbers would make 1-2 merits in a weaponskill quite viable as an option to use on secondary jobs.
    Seems like a good compromise to me.
    (2)

Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast