Edited, English is not my 1st language. ^^
    (0)

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    When I go out adventuring and we kill something that drops a shiny that we all have, we give that drop to the floor. The floor has collected enough pirate hat seals and unwanted baubles to be the greatest pirate ever, but soon it will get a new toy: the Twilight Scythe.
    (5)

Character
    Dreamin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I know exactly why the devs are making these changes - they have absolutely NO 1st hand knowledge as to how these items are being used by the actual playing customers at all. The new producer has admitted that he barely plays the game and he's not even cap on his main job. So how do you think he knows how items are actually being USED by the players in real game situations and not what's on paper at all or just listening to what 'some players' are complainting about on this forum.

My suggestion to SE is to assigned at least 1 in game-job per developer/QA/internal testers. required them to become expert in that job in real in-game (end game situation as well as non-end game). They have the ability to just assign whatever weapons/levels/skills/armors their char needs so that shouldn't be hard and they wouldn't need to go through the grind to level/skill up and instead can just use these gears in real game situations.

Until then, my opinion is that they will keep doing adjustments that makes absolutely no sense at all.
    (12)

Character
    Jem
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    The Twilight Scythe changes are a complete joke. There is already a penalty for using Twilight Scythe, you suffer an absolutely massive drop in DPS. It is situationally useful but not overpowered. Maybe if it was a Greatsword and still did full Reso damage I coukd understand but you're basically sacrificing your WS damage to deal non-elemental melee damage. And that melee damage is vastly inferior to normal Apoc or Ragna melee damage.

Sure it makes DRK useful for 2 Salvage V2 bosses but other jobs can be safer/quicker on the ascent up to the bosses so it levels out. And one of those bosses you can brute force through anyway.

If Twilight is overpowered then so is MNK having an obscene counter rate for the full run (which it isn't, it's a perk of the job that makes it well suited to Salvage)

Some jobs are just better suited for certain mobs/events. The problem is that people are blinkered and can't look past certain jobs even if another job would be good for the event (i.e. I'm sure BLU would be good for Hydra and Cerb)
    (8)

Quote Originally Posted by Arek View Post
    Edited, English is not my 1st language. ^^
    I wasn't correcting you, I was just linking to a funny video.

"To the ground" is probably fine.
    (2)

Character
    Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Firstly, Twilight Scythe is one of the better things about DRK and i don't understand why you want to nerf that aspect of DRK. Either way, i'm with the community with this one.

Either way, i find it disappointing that you feel DRK has too much variation considering pre-resolution most DRKs only wanted a reason to use absorb spell/magic and some difference between scythe and great sword but you threw more DMG at us and messed up your precious balance and then decided to hold back on the magic update we had asked for, for like err 6 years+.

The way i feel is that if you nerfed resolution, i would be fine with that and maybe you can fix absorb spells for us at the same time. But if your going to be taking the other aspects of DRK away so that all it is, is a WAR or SAM with stun that certainly will give me a good reason to quit.
    (2)
    Last edited by Rezeak; 02-01-2013 at 11:13 PM.
    Main : 99 DRK
    Subs : 99 SMN COR SCH MELEEWHM
    Server : Ragnarök
    Relics : 95 Ragnarok and 95 Apoc
    Ironic that when i was young i never had enough video games but now i have too many and not enough time to play them .

Character
    Shenul
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I'm a main DRK, and here's the deal with Twilight Scythe: I keep it on-hand in case there's some mob that's being silly (Glavoid, the Urganite boss in Abyssea-Grauberg, slimes if I'm bored...).

It's not a bad scythe when it comes to damage, I mean, I mained it until my magian fire path scythe was done. But as soon as I got far enough with that scythe, the Twilight Scythe got backlined. I'm a casual player, too, so I don't have anything super awesome, like an Apoc or the like, but even for me, it's meh damage.

Instead of removing the usefulness, add in more weapons like it so that the usefulness gets spread out. Make the cost for it being on the weapon a slightly higher than average delay, don't have any additional effects, and just keep the weapon average for level 90 otherwise. People won't maintime them, but you'll see people hold onto them.

And really, I think it'd be funny to see the Twilight Sword, only equippable by RDMs and PLDs
    (3)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    Greetings everyone,

Below is a message from Akihiko Matsui in regards to adjustments to Twilight Scythe.
    Right now, casting spells for magic damage is so cumbersome compared to just hitting a thing that it is easier to use an otherwise horrible weapon on something with a physical shield than cast spells on it. Outside of a physical shield situation, no one with a half-decent weapon would ever currently use Twilight Scythe.

I'm not sure "make the already highly situational weapon worse" is the right approach to this situation, rather than looking at why most players desperately want any alternative to casting spells for non-physical damage purposes and considering if the incoming changes to Elemental Magic might address this properly.
    (21)

Character
    Starskyy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I feel like instead of moving forward SE is moving backward in time making silly inane decisions leave the weapon ALONE it is not in any way game breaking and basically a slap in the face if you nerf it as many things you have done in the past to alienate your player base.

Again the twilight Scythe is niche weapon for hand full of mobs your changes equate to total inventory -1 and a kick in the ass and time to drop kick the stupid thing. Your changes are beyond stupid at this point thanks for not listening again.........

What really pisses me off the most tho instead of working on real game issues this is what you spend your GD limited resources fixing shit that isn't broke in the least as I bang my head against my desk............
    (1)
    Last edited by HimuraKenshyn; 02-02-2013 at 02:32 AM.

Character
    Mefuki
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Translate and send off Spank's post please, Community Team. He summed it up perfectly and respectfully.
    (3)

Page 35 of 44 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast