Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast
    Character
    Hashmalum
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Oh, and if SE wants people to bring BLMs, then maybe they could make magic damage good for something other than procing weaknesses. Oh, wait, there's a coming overhaul to nuking spells that's supposed to improve them. So why not wait and see how well it works before doing anything drastic? And BTW, what exactly is the problem with DRK of all jobs having a non-physical damage dealing mechanism when you gave them three different types of drain, Endark, and elemental nukes?! I guess you'd better nerf those too!
    (5)

Character
    Zeroe
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I just...can't believe...Were wasting our money for "balance" updates like this. This is one of the dumbest and idiotic ideas to implement, when already we need more serious matters adjusted. I'm honestly at my limit with how much more I can take of these crap shot responses and updates.
    (16)
    Last edited by Zeroe; 02-01-2013 at 05:36 PM.

Character
    Minikomby
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    solution is easy and semple: stop creating mobs with shield and PDT def like cerberus and hydras.
    Twilight Scythe is ok, just useful sometimes, jp ppl should stop crying for nothing and start enjoying more the game, SE should listen more NA side and less JP side but they care more about how much money they can lost if they dont listen JP ppl.

when something is useful, that will be neft, Ukkos Ws, PD, Embrava, Souleater and now nerfing Twlight scythe, why they cant use that time to fix enlight + add effect on exalibur instead of waste time on LOLTwlight scythe. always more important things than need to attention and they just give shitty answers about that.

we should just go to JP foroms and post there whatever we want using Google traslate and see if we can get it!
    (7)

Character
    Yenecol
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I do not play dark knight at all and I think this is idiotic. You have better things to do than worry about some weapon they pull out once in a blue moon. Instead of wasting time thinking how to nerf it, just remove it from the game - at least that way people get their inventory space back. Heck, while you are at it, why not nerf every other piece of twilight gear? Have twilight knife give the mob HP, TP, and MP instead since quad attack is powerful. Have twilight belt put the players under the effect of gravity and amnesia. If you equip twilight helm and body, have it kill you instead! Sure, destroy it all - Shinryu didn't take any of our time, right?

Keep this up and we'll take our money elsewhere.
    (5)
    Last edited by Yenecol; 02-01-2013 at 02:43 PM.

Character
    Mephista
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Sqaure - Enix breaking the game 1 nerf at a time under the banner of balance ...

I don't have a problem with TS it's a very situational piece that has quite a limited use. Leave it as it is , if it ain't broke don't fix it. It's basically going to be Nerf > +1 Inventory space.
    (3)

Character
    Raucent
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    since SE wants to change the scythe no matter what we say why not give them a breakdown of where there ideas for change would Fail:

Auto Hp drain on swing (overlaps with Souleater): depending on the HP drain people would be more likely to toss the then more harmful then beneficial weapon to the floor.

adding the effect as an enchantment : if the enchantment works like an enspell at that point it would override Endark

Making the weapon work at X% hp: depending what % you set the Bar at it may work, as an example of what will NOT WORK heres this

Zareehkl scythe
    (Scythe) All Races
    DMG: 91 Delay: 528
    Latent effect:
    Increases rate of "Triple Attack"
    Lv. 71 DRK

Latent effect

Active while HP ≤ 25% (red

in Todays current Game RED HP is almost always 1 hit from Death which is far too much of a gamble just to have attacks deal non elemental damage
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Can the NA community team please explain to the NA community what kinds of arguments/discussions are transpiring on the JP boards with regard to Twilight Scythe? I think it's a mystery to us why Twilight Scythe is being considered 'overpowered' for Dark Knights by Japanese players. To North Americans and European players, Twilight Scythe is a useful tool in certain and specific situations(mobs that have high physical resistence or shields i.e Cardamom Custard, Pil) but besides those few examples, Twilight Scythe is a very lackluster weapon compared to Ragnarok, Apocalypse or other weapons with simply higher base damage(even the fire path STR Magian Scythe/Greatsword are better).

Is it because no other job has the advantage of bypassing special defenses and shields like a Dark Knight with Twilight Scythe does? Does that create an advantage that only Dark Knight has the ability to exploit? I suppose, although MNK has Formless Strikes, PLD, BLU, RDM have Requiescat and a few other jobs have something similar. I'd say instead of adjusting Twilight Scythe, give other damage dealing jobs a similar weapon/ability/trait to be able to overcome special defense temporarily or occasionally.
    I may be wrong, but this was first mentioned along with the changes to defense. Therefore I think that whereas TS is currently NOT overpowered, the devs anticipate it being overpowered when the change comes in (though the only way I can think of this being the case is to full-time defender and def food to keep your def high and not take as much damage, while not feeling the attack penalty whilst using TS).

Complete BS of course, as the WS would completely suck lol.
    (2)

Character
    Sasaraixx
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Can the NA community team please explain to the NA community what kinds of arguments/discussions are transpiring on the JP boards with regard to Twilight Scythe? I think it's a mystery to us why Twilight Scythe is being considered 'overpowered' for Dark Knights by Japanese players. To North Americans and European players, Twilight Scythe is a useful tool in certain and specific situations(mobs that have high physical resistence or shields i.e Cardamom Custard, Pil) but besides those few examples, Twilight Scythe is a very lackluster weapon compared to Ragnarok, Apocalypse or other weapons with simply higher base damage(even the fire path STR Magian Scythe/Greatsword are better).

Is it because no other job has the advantage of bypassing special defenses and shields like a Dark Knight with Twilight Scythe does? Does that create an advantage that only Dark Knight has the ability to exploit? I suppose, although MNK has Formless Strikes, PLD, BLU, RDM have Requiescat and a few other jobs have something similar. I'd say instead of adjusting Twilight Scythe, give other damage dealing jobs a similar weapon/ability/trait to be able to overcome special defense temporarily or occasionally.
    I have not been playing at all lately but I check the boards frequently. I was curious why all of this attention was being given to the twilight scythe when there are seemingly more important things worthy of the dev teams time. I was baffled further because no one on the NA boards seemed to think there was a need for an adjustment at all . . . so I went over the the JP forum to take a quick peak. From the bits I read in response to Matsui-san's latest post, the response sounds similar to the NA side.

Some of the posters were discussing the pro's and cons of the adjustments that were mentioned in the dev post. Many people seemed to dislike the idea of HP penalties as this would just increase the workload of the healers. Aside from those responses the posts that received the most likes basically summed up what I read here. My favorite post and the one with the highest amount of likes that I saw basically said:
    1. the dev team isn't thinking about these changes
    2. there is only surprise and disappointment at these 180 adjustments
    3. although the dev team is supposed to be thinking about "balance," what in the world are you all doing?
    4. looking at these proposed adjustments, the scythe will become a piece of trash that no one will use
    5. I thought the policy now was not to nerf but to strengthen elements that were falling behind, but all we've had are nerfs and nerfs.

That doesn't sound too different from what I see on the NA board. That thread is over a 100 pages long, but after taking a quick peek I still don't see why this is being considered. There are a lot of posts discussing how the scythe should be changed (with minimal likes) but I didn't see the why. Along with those are posts like the one I mentioned. People seem frustrated with yet another nerf and the feeling that the dev team isn't listening to the player base.
    (10)

Character
    Sehachan
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    This is a nighly useless nerf. How many people does it take to get the message through that: it doesn't need a nerf. Or a change at all.
    Like mentioned before Formless Strikes, Quick Draw and Requiescat all do the same thing, but better. And Murasamemaru is much more useful too since it works on ws on a job that only does that.

Stop nitpicking over such an inconsequential item and move on. Just remove death if you want, not like it procs on nms anyway.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Arek View Post
    I was on the "no adjustment to Twilight Scythe" side. I rarely use it, It's very situational.

With the adjustment, I'm gonna probably drop it to the ground.
    On the ground.
    (1)

Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast