Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44
    Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamin View Post
    But the player base has ALWAYS been about ZERG. For those that love the old stuff (pre abyssea), there are the Colibris merit camp, AV Zerg attempt (and then SE whack everyone on the head and took that away), PW, old school Dynamis (pull/sleepga/ZERG for regular mobs and ZERG+Cure Bombs on Bosses), Einherjar, etc, etc...Reason the playerbase end up going that route is because it IS the most efficient way to kill and accomplish things.

In their fantasy, SE keep thinking that they can influence the playerbase to get away from such. Do you know why they keep having that fantasy??? Because the producer/director does NOT understands how the playerbase AT ALL. NONE. ZERO. If they really honestly want to influence the playerbase, they need to become one themselves 1st and foremost.
    I understand what you're trying to say, but this sentence makes no sense -- and the idea is a little asinine.

To understand how to fix an improve some of the games elements what they need to accept is that their ideas about what the game should be don't mean shit. The teams working on FFXi have, for a long time, had an incestuous love affair with this bastardized view of how the game should work and do their best to forego logical changes that would make it better for everyone involved.

No, I don't mean changes that we beg for, I mean changes that would fix things -- whether we like them or not. The biggest problem is they swing, rather obnoxiously, between listening to the player base way too much and listening to them way too little. There's never a happy median between the two extremes and more often than not we end up with 30% of the games jobs being useless for most of its content.

Since Abyssea released (Which I think was a logical evolution of the game executed rather poorly), DRG, PUP, SCH, PLD, RDM, and RNG have lost significant bearings (some of them even before that). SCH only got back in because of Neo Nyzul, and that's about it. Frankly, in my opinion, serious adjustments should have been made to the entire job system to re-balance it before they even started considering new jobs. Some jobs should have lost things, some should have gained things, and the end result should have been a set of 20 jobs rebalanced for universal usefulness and utility.

Instead we're about to get tossed two more overlapping jobs and system changes we can only hope fix some of the issues -- yet that people who know the numbers behind the game, as you can see above, are already pointing out might not even have that huge of an effect.

Frankly, I wish they'd working on balanced, strategic challenges and content instead of flashy, gimmicky nonsense meant to just waste our time and so poorly designed that it makes a quarter of the jobs in the game irrelevant.
    (5)
    Somewhere in space... this could be happening right now.

How are the changes to elemental damage coming along?

Last time you mentioned it was...January. You didn't forget about it did you?
    (1)

Player
    Not only that but are you going to be changing elemental magic more radically? Last time it was mentioned the update would have basically doubled BLM's damage it seemed like, but with all of the DDs getting double damaged weapons, we would need elemental magic to at very least be tripled to stand up to it now...
    (3)

Character
    Neferflash
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBarrister View Post
    Yes WAR is overpowered...geez...you people need to math some things out and see the slight % that a fully pimped out job XYZ really does over a fully geared job ABC. It's not as massive as you chicken littles make it out to be. The fact that you (not "you" random cryer #1,234,987,567 that I'm quoting) cry over it all the time, is the reason why the developers have to waste time thinking about boosting 1 handed utility jobs to make up for some imagined unfairness. 1 handers had their 6 years in the spotlight. Rightly pure DD that can't steal, treasure hunt, cast ninja or blue magic, or do dance spells were buffed to make them actually do good damage with 2 handed weapons. Shocker, I know. But let's not forget our history.

Fell Cleave gave more gil to warriors than all other abilities in the game combined helped players through all these years. WAR is OP.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectreman View Post
    Fell Cleave gave more gil to warriors than all other abilities in the game combined helped players through all these years. WAR is OP.
    I can FC on any job in the game, it just takes longer on other jobs. Besides that, when did a jobs ability to make Gil have anything to do with being over powered?

I still think 1handed jobs need buffs, which is mostly what that post you quoted seemed to be talking against, but so far as WAR against SAM and DRK, no, they are all basically balanced, so much so to the point they have very few differences between the two, and its not often 1 of them is specifically requested over another.
    (0)

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44