Page 33 of 44 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast
    Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    First, drk is my favorite job and bst is my second.
    Second, I don't support any kind of nerf to any kind of job, but I do understand that sometimes it is necessary for balance.
    Third, SE said they *are* going to nerf the twilight scythe and they gave examples of what could be done. I just gave an additional example of what can be done.

This is not trolling. This is offering my suggestion. Now I suggest you stop trolling me and let me freely express myself.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Malthar View Post
    Serves you guys right. Where were you when they were attacking bst? First bst, then drk, then ... This is how it happens. They come for your neighbors and you are glad that it was not you, so you do nothing. Then they come for you and you wonder why.
    Just this. Done talking to you now.
    (3)

Character
    Kurdtray
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    Greetings everyone,

Below is a message from Akihiko Matsui in regards to adjustments to Twilight Scythe.
    Ok i'll give a decent explanation about Twilight Scythe. Twilight Scythe is just fine were it is at. It is no where near the most powerful scythe out there, however it is quite useful as a tool against monsters with high defense or absorbs physical damage. The weapon is actually well balanced considering the lvl 99 aspect of the game. The problems with the so called over powered nature is actually due to the fact that DRK is the only job that benefits from non elemental damage on it's strikes. SAM has a similar weapon known as murasamemaru which makes all weaponskills non elemental as well. In fact if you decrease the capabilities of this weapon then murasamemaru is next so might as well do the same to it. People just want unique weapons that are in fact useful on every job such as twilight scythe, they are not in any way asking for the weapon to be down graded, they want better quality weapons like this for their jobs. Murasamemaru is a unique weapon that is very situational so it hasn't seen the this type of back lash.

As for the claims that DRK is too overpowered, again it is because of the route that current endgame has taken and not the job. In fact DRK is still underpowered. DRK should be able to easily outparse jobs like war and SAM while going all out, and usually killing itself to do so, yet it still has trouble keeping up. SAM as a job is very well balanced and meets the base concept of the job, and should be a basic model of the type of balance a job should have. Taking this into consideration, all other jobs should be balance in accordance with this concept. DRK is about using dark magic to inhibit it's foes while stealing their strength for themselves, as well as sacrificing themselves for extreme damage.

Again I say do not nerf Twilight Scythe as there is no logical reason to do so, in fact the suggestions you provide are incredible stupid. Enchantment aspect makes it really pointless as it would run out of charges and then would have be reacquired or it would only be used once every 20-24 hours for a recharge. As for the hp consumption method, ok so you want it to be souleater? If this is the path you choose I demand the same be done for formless strikes as well. Finally only activated under certain hp%, well guess what % hp people are gonna stay at. So the last option is not gonna fix anything. This weapon is fine, just focus on making other jobs happy by fixing their jobs and not nerfing current jobs or gear.
    (18)

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Be careful. You might get accused of trolling.
    (0)

Player
    Can the NA community team please explain to the NA community what kinds of arguments/discussions are transpiring on the JP boards with regard to Twilight Scythe? I think it's a mystery to us why Twilight Scythe is being considered 'overpowered' for Dark Knights by Japanese players. To North Americans and European players, Twilight Scythe is a useful tool in certain and specific situations(mobs that have high physical resistence or shields i.e Cardamom Custard, Pil) but besides those few examples, Twilight Scythe is a very lackluster weapon compared to Ragnarok, Apocalypse or other weapons with simply higher base damage(even the fire path STR Magian Scythe/Greatsword are better).

Is it because no other job has the advantage of bypassing special defenses and shields like a Dark Knight with Twilight Scythe does? Does that create an advantage that only Dark Knight has the ability to exploit? I suppose, although MNK has Formless Strikes, PLD, BLU, RDM have Requiescat and a few other jobs have something similar. I'd say instead of adjusting Twilight Scythe, give other damage dealing jobs a similar weapon/ability/trait to be able to overcome special defense temporarily or occasionally.
    (10)

Character
    Drivont
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 96
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthar View Post
    Be careful. You might get accused of trolling.
    lol move on, broski! :P
    that right there is trolling. A better man would've just walked away. But you just gave into the fact that you're wanting to be petty, and proved it.
    (7)

Character
    Scruffyballs
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Rather then changing stuff, how about you stop adding dumb gimmicks and "shields" to mobs that require the player base to exploit such items or abilities.
    (22)

Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    I also saw posts that were extremely emotionally charged that didn't offer reasons why they didn't want it to be changed.
    How would we justify not changing it if no one on the English forums has any idea why you want it to be changed? It is in no way over-powered. If you really feel that it is overpowered, then keep the hidden effect as it is and ditch the Add. Effect: Death altogether.

Edit: grammar
    (8)
    Last edited by Catmato; 02-01-2013 at 12:15 PM.

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Can the NA community team please explain to the NA community what kinds of arguments/discussions are transpiring on the JP boards with regard to Twilight Scythe? I think it's a mystery to us why Twilight Scythe is being considered 'overpowered' for Dark Knights by Japanese players.
    I don't know why they originally brought the whole idea up, but I did read the first few responses on the JP forum to this latest post and they basically said that the proposed changes were dumb ideas.
    (4)

Character
    Hashmalum
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I don't even own a Twilight Scythe or have DRK leveled, but I know that if they go through with this craziness, it will have a very negative effect on my relationship with the game. Why? Because we will be on notice that any item we have can have its stats arbitrarily changed seemingly at random and no arguments that we make to the contrary will have any effect, because we aren't JP and our opinions don't matter. While the dreaded Hand of Baransu previously would viciously thrash our jobs, our game mechanics, and our monsters, it did not stoop so low as to riffle through our Gobbiebags. (The closest it ever came to this was when someone fixed a dropped decimal point on the PUP Abyssea job-specific weapon.) But now, I'm going to second-guess every single major item I'm considering trying to get. Will some future craziness spread through the JP forums, asking for a nerf on this item? How can I possibly know? I don't understand the alien moon logic at work here. Every DRK and their mother is making a relic great sword because Ragnarok became a god, and then some underpowered scythe gets hit with the nerf bat--WTF, SE?
    (16)

Page 33 of 44 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast