Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
    Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Also, just make Scythes WSs actually good. I just don't care about Resolution anymore. I've spent some time thinking about it and I would rather DRK be in the game as something other than just bad.
    (3)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Character
    Areayea
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I have to disagree on most of the changes... regarding dark knight, you wanna nerf it... LOWER THEIR VIT/DEF... that's what made them useless a long time ago. as for the sub idea I already tried it using blue mage, make the Occult Acumen better, and then it'll be a useful sub (remember that makes you gain tp per spell).

As for the WSes those things were broken since they started, and all you people who are saying pick and choose, I 100% agree, but I also 100% agreed that there should NOT be a limit on merit point categories.

The end, there are a lot of other things I'd like to debate on, but the whole statement Camate did was sort of a cluster... you know what, so for now I'll be done I can argue the two handed vs one handed things later.

That's just my opinion tho, there are probably a lot more out there
    (1)

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Looks like the Last Resort/Desperate blows haste effect will stay the same.
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...874#post393874

That is, it will only apply to 2h weapons.

Also, the magic adjustments will apply equally to Automatons.
    (0)
    Last edited by Xilk; 01-16-2013 at 11:03 PM.
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Character
    Tsai
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    The change to Last Resort is not a useful change if it is only for 2H weapons, as it can only be properly utilized by Samurai.

You stated that you are aware that one-handers are suffering, but choose to only buff Samurai?

Make it affect all weapons or don't bother changing it.
    (3)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilk View Post
    Looks like the Last Resort/Desperate blows haste effect will stay the same.
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...874#post393874

That is, it will only apply to 2h weapons.
    Sometimes, I feel very happy that the Development Bros just work on a video-game instead of doing medical research or social work or anything that can really make people miserable when well-meaning things are done in a way that makes no damn sense.
    (7)

Player
    While currently, it might be difficult to imagine the situations where a front-line job would select dark knight for their support job, we would like to look into this based on this possibility.

Since it was confirmed that the Last Resort adjustment will only work for Two-Handed Weapons, /DRK will pretty much only be useful for Samurais since they can stack Hasso with Last Resort for MASSIVE effect. DRG and WAR need /SAM because both lack any kind of useful defensive ability, additionally, /SAM offers Store TP, Meditate, Sekkanoki which are all extremely invaluable. /DRK almost cuts it for DRG because having BOTH an Attack Boost ability AND an Attack Speed ability are extremely appealing since DRG lacks both natively unlike WAR,SAM and DRK. The problem with DRG/DRK is it leaves us defenseless and the duration is only temporary unlike Hasso. If only you could give WAR and DRG their own Attack speed abilities so things like DRG/WAR or WAR/DRK could be viable as DRG and WAR are extremely reliant on /SAM much how many 1handed jobs used to be too reliant on /NIN for Dual Wield until it was given to THF/BLU/DNC recently.
    (1)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    SAM using Hasso with AF3+2 pants can already cap delay without Last Resort. At the delay cap, Last Resort will just give them a little more gearing freedom. It is a pretty major upgrade for Samurai in non-capped situations, but DRG and WAR should stick to /SAM for Hasso outside of zergs.

So instead of being an interesting buff for some 1H weapons in uncapped delay situations, this Last Resort change is a SAM buff. Considering Kogarasumaru is arguably the strongest weapon in the game, I can't see how this is justified.
    (9)
    Last edited by Byrth; 01-17-2013 at 04:02 AM.

Character
    Mefuki
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Talk about how 1 handers can't keep up with 2 handers.

Buff SAM.

(2)

Character
    Tsai
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Apparently details of that are to come. They were probably just concerned that SAM couldn't always keep up with DRK, and decided to cater to their precious DD.

Devs should just go back to pretending SAM was a tank like they used to, I think it would benefit most other jobs quite handsomely.
    (1)

Greetings,

Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    Desperate Blows currently only applies to 2-handed weapons. Would Last Resort post-update still only give 2-handed weapon Haste, or would 1-handed jobs also be able to benefit from it?
    Currently, the development team plans to have the proposed Last Resort haste benefit only apply to two-handed weapons. The reason being is there are already a number of benefits that single-handed weapons posses such as dual wield, martial arts, etc.

We also wanted to share some additional inquiries about the battle system adjustments:

What's going to happen with hand-to-hand weapons?
    Categorically hand-to-hand weapons fall under the single-handed weapon classification; however, the stats for hand-to-hand weapons are quite different from that of swords, which are literally held in just one hand, and they will not be treated the same. We will be separating hand-to-hand weapons from this balance adjustment and making changes that fit more in line with the weapon.

Will the elemental magic adjustments apply to automatons as well?
    Yes, we will be applying the elemental magic adjustments to automatons as well. Though, by simply raising the stats for automatons there will be aspects that cause the automaton to overload easier and such, so we will be keeping these points in mind and looking at balance.

Lastly, we understand that some of you wish to be able to increase the number of merit weapon skills that can be fully upgraded, but this is something that we discussed previously. Instead of making it so you can get everything, we're thinking about making it so there will be benefits without having to max out a category, which will open up the choices a bit more.
    (9)

Okipuit - Community Team

Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast