Thread: Hey everyone!

Character
    Vashitaka
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 7

Hey everyone!

New guy here, new to this game. Played it ten years ago when they were doing beta testing...any who I have no clue where to even begin...

My name Is Vashitaka, and I'll be running around like a nub attempting to kill stuff with my epic Onion Sword XD.

I am in Phoenix, and yes I already read the beginners guide, but still is very confusing!

So if a fellow nub wants to go kill some bees or birds or those turtle things with me that'd be fun!

It's lonely out here
    (0)

Character
    Rustic
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by BandanaBandit View Post
    New guy here, new to this game. Played it ten years ago when they were doing beta testing...any who I have no clue where to even begin...

My name Is Vashitaka, and I'll be running around like a nub attempting to kill stuff with my epic Onion Sword XD.

I am in Phoenix, and yes I already read the beginners guide, but still is very confusing!

So if a fellow nub wants to go kill some bees or birds or those turtle things with me that'd be fun!

It's lonely out here
    Heh. I'm on Ragnarok, but newbie questions ARE what this is for. From the sound of it, you're in Bastok if you're hunting Quadav, and you're right in the range to go truck off to Dangruf Wadi- both for your nation missions and levelwise. When you get there, at the entrance is a "Grounds Tome". Make sure you look into it- hammering easy prey and repeating the pages will get you exp, gil, and "prowesses" that'll make further fighting easier. (In theory, with a friend passing gear along you could go something like your current 7 -> 25 without leaving the zone!). Alternatively, you can visit Gusgen Mines- it's a common leveling area for groups at this point from about 10-30...but that tends to stunt your skill growth a bit since the exp can come very quickly.

Pick up a Great Axe when you get the chance- Peritrage in Bastok Markets has Butterfly Axes for sale, and if you can find a friendly alchemist, upgrading it to an Inferno Axe isn't rough. Learn to use em- high level Warriors live by them. Swords are more a Paladin kinda weapon.

Likewise, spend some time on other jobs- at least Monk -so you've got something to subjob to that Warrior when the time comes and you hit Valkrum for your subjob quest.

If you want to craft? Bastok's good for smiths, goldsmiths, and alchemists. At your level, it's still doable for the first 10 levels or so on the cheap- and stacks of copper ingots are decent income to turn your fire crystals into a bigger chunk of cash.

Look up the FFXIAH website (Google "FFXIAH") and check what you've been getting for drops. Some of it's likely worth more than you think, and learning what's best vendored and what's best auctioned is important. A stack of crystals is going to get you next to nothing sold to an NPC, but it's thousands of Gil in the AH- or more if you can use them to make something with crafting.
    (0)
    Old-time player, new-time character- Ragnarok server.