Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    There was a time in FFXI when RMT was all but out of business. Can you tell me when that time was? I'll give you a hint. SE deemed that time a failure.
    (2)

Character
    Rustic
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    There was a time in FFXI when RMT was all but out of business. Can you tell me when that time was? I'll give you a hint. SE deemed that time a failure.
    That's because RMT's are inherently parasitical. If the game is doing well, RMTs are at their worst trying to exploit it for profit. If the game isn't doing well, RMTs tend to wither away for lack of a market, even if they're still looking for ways to get the most out of what's left.

Ideally, RMT is trying hard and getting it's butt kicked by S-E's countermeasures, indicating the game is popular but they've got the RMT effects under control.
    (0)
    Old-time player, new-time character- Ragnarok server.

We definitely know where you are all coming from with this request, but we currently don't have any plans to change or remove the guild holidays. Guild holidays were created to give Vana'diel a real-world vibe and for that reason, our NPCs need a break. (Sorry they hang out at work. Apparently they don't have much else to do...)

As for increasing guild item stock or removing the "sellout" mechanic completely, this was done to prevent users from cornering the market and we don't have any plans to remove it.
    (14)

Okipuit - Community Team

Player
    Why remove JP midnight from some quest-lines and missions? Were those too not designed for a real-world vibe?
    (6)

Character
    Gannon
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Would it be possible to make the NPCs despawn when the shops are closed for a more real-world vibe?
    (12)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Close 30 minutes early when business is slow for a real world vibe.

No but seriously don't implement that.
    (4)

Character
    Twille
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I don't play this game for a 'real-world vibe'. I play it to have fun. Fun does not include running to a guild to purchase crafting materials, only to find yourself completely out of luck for the next 1+ hours because the store is 'closed'.

Its really unfortunate to hear that removing guild holidays isn't even going to be considered.
    (25)

Player
    I thought this was final fantasy.
    (10)

Character
    Masekase
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    We definitely know where you are all coming from with this request, but we currently don't have any plans to change or remove the guild holidays. Guild holidays were created to give Vana'diel a real-world vibe and for that reason, our NPCs need a break. (Sorry they hang out at work. Apparently they don't have much else to do...)

As for increasing guild item stock or removing the "sellout" mechanic completely, this was done to prevent users from cornering the market and we don't have any plans to remove it.
    I'm sorry but that is the lamest excuse so far. Please tell me where in the "REAL WORLD" that you get 45 days holiday every year. No shops are open 8 days a week in the real world.
    (14)
    Last edited by Masekase; 01-25-2013 at 04:10 PM.

Character
    Aisaka
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    What. You realize this causes people to corner the market, not prevents it?
    Especially for example, when buying an item like Meatballs which were changed to stack to 99. Before you had to make a bunch of purchases to buy the NPC out, now you can do it in two purchases. It screws other players over because one player bought it out 2 seconds after the guild opened.

Guild system is garbage. The stocking system is built as if only one person is buying from the shop. The fact one person can literally buy out everything worth buying in a short amount of time for a short amount of gil, is absolutely ridiculous. You have to remember FFXI is an MMO, and that tons of people want to buy from the guild.
    (22)
    /人 ‿‿ 人\

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast