Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Yankeestom
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99

No more guild holidays.

If standard merchants can be open 24/8, guild shops should be too. It's not like they are actually taking a break--they still stand there even when the shop is closed.
    (34)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    While it may not have been the intention, things like guild holidays end up being almost a punishment for logging in at the "wrong" time of day.

Player: Oh, I have an hour to kill. I think I'll log in and work on my guild points.

Merchant: Sorry, we're closed... holiday... yadda yadda....

Player: Graaahhh! Dammit!
    (14)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    While it may not have been the intention, things like guild holidays end up being almost a punishment for logging in at the "wrong" time of day.
    More like:

Player: Oh, I have an hour to kill. I think I'll log in and work on my guild points.

Merchant: Welcome to the Guild Shop!

Player: Okay, I'd like to get a-

Merchant: Sorry, we're closed. We're open from X to X.

Player: That's okay, I can wait twenty minutes, I'll mule and get the other supplies I needed anyways.

Player: Okay I'm back, I'd like to get a-

Merchant: Sorry, we're closed... holiday... yadda yadda....

Player changes job to Ninja and explodes.
    (28)

Character
    Limecat
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    The First Law of XI crafting: The guild shop will be closed at the precise time you happen to need something from it.

Buy yeah, get rid of that, and get rid of the stock limitations. The variable prices are ok though.
    (19)

Character
    Rustic
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I've got no problem with the guilds as they are. They sell cheap and buy high. For that, I can wait a bit.

7/11's, they aren't.
    (0)
    Old-time player, new-time character- Ragnarok server.

Character
    Yankeestom
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Actually, they sell high and buy cheap. But if it saves me the trouble of traveling to 6 different places to get the ingredients to make something, it's worth it. And I'm glad you have no problem with the current setup. But I don't see how keeping them open all the time could negatively impact you in any way, so why poo-poo the idea?
    (5)

Character
    Johngottii
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    No more guild holidays and also stop things going out of stock, as someone else you can keep the higher price range on items if they are selling at a high rate just stop them going compeltly out of stock.
    (6)

Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    As a newer crafter myself, I approve these messages. I would pursue crafting more if I didn't have to worry about these things.
    (6)

Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Direct View Post
    No more guild holidays and also stop things going out of stock, as someone else you can keep the higher price range on items if they are selling at a high rate just stop them going compeltly out of stock.
    Shop holidays are silly unless they have another purpose where items are unlimited stock or lowest prices. There is a game I play that has special discount days where everything is 10-30% off. This would be a much better use for the guild holidays.

This is fine but if they do this it'll mean that when the item would normally be out of stock it would continue to increase in price indefinitely until it reached a point where players would no longer buy it. This would balance high demand items and create a nice gil sink. It might make it possible to still purchase items that people CAMP till they're out of stock MINNOWS anyone? If the systems was designed to increase indefinitely people would be more inclined to craft them or to from choose money vs. demand.
    (2)
    Developers take notice when a post has a lot of likes. Please support your fellow posters if they make good suggestions or comments by clicking the like.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    As far as I know, the guild holidays have a purpose of letting the guild shop replenish its stocks further by having a day where people can't buy any. The reason the items are limited in the first place is so that the guild shops don't destroy the market for certain items obtianed in other areas.

That being said, the holidays are stupid and the limited hours are stupid and they really ought to redesign the whole thing.
    (10)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast