Character
    Persimonious
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Can the /blist function be adjusted to block /yell as well?

Pretty much what the title says...

It is annoying to blacklist some players or RMT-abyssea-burn shouters and not have the actual messages blocked because they are /yelling instead...

Is there anything that can be done about that?
    (2)
    Last edited by Persimonious; 01-20-2013 at 06:31 AM. Reason: Unbolded something that seemed rude in light of what the actual problem is... ^^;

Greetings,

We ran a test to ensure that blacklist is functioning properly for /yell. Characters added to the blacklist had their yells blocked and they were not displayed.
    If your blacklist is not blocking incoming /yells, there is a possibility that this may be a bug. If this is the case, please submit a report with as many details as you can in our bug report section.

Thank you!
    (5)

Okipuit - Community Team

Fyi OP reading around the internet this is a common issue with people who use Windower...just sayin.
    (3)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Keep in mind there is a lag between when you enter an area and when your /blacklist filter is applied. If your /blist target says something within that window of time, you'll see it regardless.
    (4)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!

Character
    Persimonious
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    Greetings,

We ran a test to ensure that blacklist is functioning properly for /yell. Characters added to the blacklist had their yells blocked and they were not displayed.
    If your blacklist is not blocking incoming /yells, there is a possibility that this may be a bug. If this is the case, please submit a report with as many details as you can in our bug report section.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Ziyyigo-Tipyigo View Post
    Keep in mind there is a lag between when you enter an area and when your /blacklist filter is applied. If your /blist target says something within that window of time, you'll see it regardless.
    Ah, that makes sense... I guess maybe I was just running around and didn't notice that it wasn't happening when I was in one zone for long periods of time! ><
    (0)

This delay doesn't last long enough (the second your S:R hits above 100 filters kick in, which is usually around .5 seconds or immediately after you see yourself load in) to continuously see /yells from people on Blist, unless the OP just happens to zone every time a /yell goes off that it becomes an issue worth bring up on the forums. Otherwise as the rep stated, it's working perfectly as intended.
    (0)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Elexia View Post
    This delay doesn't last long enough (the second your S:R hits above 100 filters kick in, which is usually around .5 seconds or immediately after you see yourself load in) [..]
    It can take a few seconds, actually, and normally does.
    (3)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

8. 01-20-2013 06:25 AM

Character
    Yru
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I encountered a bug in Dynamis a long time ago (back when there were 18-man runs) where all of my chat filters ceased to work due to the heavy lag and I ended up spammed by all battle information that I'd previously filtered. Blacklist never came up, but I'm sure that would have failed, too.
    (2)