Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast
    Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    All old games were hard and tedious. Off the top of my head, I remember the zork series, sword of fargoal, joust, and bart vs. the world. None of which were made by Japanese companies. Also, Wizardry was developed by Andrew Greenberg and Robert Woodhead who are Americans.

You specifically singled out Japanese games and labeled them as repetitive and exhausting. Am I saying you're a racist? I don't know you well enough to make that judgement. Anyone can make honest wording mistakes and create sentences that don't accurately depict what they're trying to get across. You might benefit from choosing your words more carefully. As far as racist beliefs go, "<race> makes boring video games" is pretty low on the Hitler scale, anyways.
    (1)

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I'm now positive that you didn't read what I just posted.

Did you fire a Nerf dart at the screen and just make something up from the word it landed on?
    (0)
    Last edited by Caketime; 03-12-2013 at 06:20 AM.

Player
    Well so far as making VNMs suck less, just remove the shadow system completely, it was a stupid idea then, its a stupid idea now, and the more time that goes on, the stupider it will be. VNM hunting is mostly dead unless someone is making a weapon which requires them, no one does it for fun or rewards except for a rare few people, and unless they remove the shadows, less people will care about rewards. I myself would love the INT and STR rings, but I can not stand the idea of going out and farming pops for hours just to pop a Vamp or Wyrm that has no shadow so I can curse about how I wasted my time. But in the end, VNMs are currently far to luck based anyways, luck that T1 turns to T2, luck that T2 turns to T3, luck that T3 has a shadow, then hope luck is on your side again that you may get the actual drop. If you want T4, then you have to hope you T3 upgrades so you do not have to start over, and hope he has a shadow too, if he has no shadow, or the T3 does not upgrade, or the ring doesn't drop, your screwed.
    (1)

Player
    Can't stress this enough for sure. The Empyrean Weapon Upgrades, can we get them to stack to 99? Would help a ton!

The CoP + ToAU Rings being scaled up for Lv.99. I'd love to see the 'Salvage/Assault' Effects go into full use on the ToAU Rings
    (4)
    DNC99 ~ BST99 ~ NIN99 ~ SCH99 ~ BLM98 ~ BLU96 ~ SMN91 ~ RDM90
    FFXI Player (most of the time) since March 2006 [Fairy -> Sylph Server]
    Completed All Main Storyline Scenarios ~ Leathercraft 100+5 Main/Cooking 101+2 Mule

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Caketime View Post
    I'm now positive that you didn't read what I just posted.

Did you fire a Nerf dart at the screen and just make something up from the word it landed on?
    Am I incorrect in assuming that you find older Japanese games to be "both repetitive and exhausting"? Am I incorrect in assuming that you believe the Wizardry series was "both repetitive and exhausting", and that it is also made by a Japanese company? If I am incorrect in my assumptions, my apologies to you, but I can only go off the words you put to keyboard, not the thoughts which exist in your head.
    (0)

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I never said Wizardry was made by a Japanese company, you keep insisting that I did. Saying "old PC games, in the style of Wizardry" is not the same as "Wizardry was made by Japanese people". Please reading comprehension next time. Also yes, those games were incredibly repetitive, they were that way by nature. You keep trying to imply that I'm racist when you just misunderstood my point that the VNM claim system was repetitive by design, and instead of realizing that it was in jest and appreciating a bit of nerd humor, you repeatedly imply racism. I mean, we're playing a game in a series of games which were inspired by those old PC titles in the first place, I thought the comparison would be fairly obvious to see, but like I said the implied racism and condescension is fine too.
    (1)

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I never said Wizardry was made by a Japanese company, you keep insisting that I did. Saying "old PC games, in the style of Wizardry" is not the same as "Wizardry was made by Japanese people".
    I apologize for my misunderstanding of your post. Please allow me to show my point of view in this matter.

Due to the principles of "Chekhov's Gun", when you specifically chose to mention Japanese games, I felt there had to be some sort of reason for this. Most games back then were exactly as you described regardless of their country of origin, so you could have gotten away without the adjective "Japanese", and your metaphor would have been equally effective. And again, in your next post, you could have said:"old PC games, in the style of Wizardry", but you didn't. You said:
    old PC games developed by Japanese companies that were incredibly hard, in the style of Wizardry, just for fun.
    Again, the word "Japanese" was not necessary to describe such games, so my mind naturally wondered why you felt the need to include that adjective. The conclusion I came to was that you were attempting to say "old PC games developed by Japanese companies that were incredibly hard, such as Wizardry".

So again, I apologize that I got it incorrect. Hopefully this will help clarify why I misread your posts.

Since we've cleared up that mess regarding your second post, but I still don't quite understand your first post, could you please clarify what you meant by "traditional Japanese gameplay, which is both repetitive and exhausting."? I believe that is the point which set off this whole misunderstanding between us.
    (0)

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Sorry, can't help you, I'm just a stupid racist. Dragon Warrior says hi, though.
    (1)
    Last edited by Caketime; 03-12-2013 at 10:36 PM.

Character
    Grievor
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Someone call the conductor, the train is off the rails, it collided with an enlarged ego flexing its e-muscles.

As for other things id like to see changed, its a big list kinda, but basically, augmented non magian items. Ever take a second character into abyssea on the same account, and find that 1 augment you have been thirsting after on your main character? That 3% fast cast jewel collar, the TH+1 tarutaru sash? The -6% physical and magical dark ring? Well you cant pass that up! But now, its stuck on a character who might not even be able to use it reasonably. What about that awesome augmented genbu staff that you want to mule for the character's use or storage? Well thats what jumps to mind for me! And since you cant remove and store the augments while the item is stored, its kinda bummer.
    (0)

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson_Slasher View Post
    Someone call the conductor, the train is off the rails, it collided with an enlarged ego flexing its e-muscles.

As for other things id like to see changed, its a big list kinda, but basically, augmented non magian items. Ever take a second character into abyssea on the same account, and find that 1 augment you have been thirsting after on your main character? That 3% fast cast jewel collar, the TH+1 tarutaru sash? The -6% physical and magical dark ring? Well you cant pass that up! But now, its stuck on a character who might not even be able to use it reasonably. What about that awesome augmented genbu staff that you want to mule for the character's use or storage? Well thats what jumps to mind for me! And since you cant remove and store the augments while the item is stored, its kinda bummer.
    Sorry, Crimson, you are right that I was out of line, which is why I made the effort to apologize and explain myself. Back to task though, you're requesting these augged items become transferrable between your characters? Would that be just between characters on the same account, or would you also be able to trade them around to anyone?
    (0)

Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast