Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
    Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Slib View Post
    Laevateinn: Give a bonus damage to meteor in addition to the Magic Attack Bonus.
    It already does bonus damage with Meteor.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    It already does bonus damage with Meteor.
    Actually no it doesn't, it just boosts Elemental Seal and gives a ton of MAB, unless there is something new about it I did not know about.
    (0)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    it just boosts Elemental Seal
    And Meteor can only be used under Elemental Seal. No other staff will give a direct percentage damage boost to Meteor.
    (0)

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Increase base damage on all magian trial weapons that are 99OAT, all hq VW pulse weapons, odinII lance, WOE weapons, REM 90/95/99, so that 99 has another weapon damage rank, and all the other weapons increase in rank to so that the remaining balance of time investment vs. reward stays fair rewards for Skirmish is still handsomely rewarded.

99REM>Skirmish+2/95REM>Skirmish+1/90REM/WOE99/VW pulse weapons/99OAT>85 REM, etc

obviously some Skirmish would still beat some REM at 99, because some REM just suck reguardless, same as some Str OAT beating out 85 REM, etc.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.

Character
    Dpdhuntress
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Fix gungnir aftermath or actuallty try responding to the dragoon forums subject
    (5)

Character
    Slib
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    And Meteor can only be used under Elemental Seal. No other staff will give a direct percentage damage boost to Meteor.
    Assuming you're alone, I believe meteor would never be used, even under elemental seal with the Mythic Staff. Meteor alone is just terrible damage. I don't even think I've had a group with more than 2 BLM in it and even having the 2nd BLM with the meteor spell...kinda sad and a waste of a spell that is supposed to be awesome

But anyway, back on topic, the staff boosts any type of spell and not just meteor at the moment. Only reason meteor isn't good with the Ele staves is because it is not a specific element. Currently, the skirmish staves come very close to beating mythic for meteor (ele seal bonus + 60 MATK should be better than the 67 MATK skirmish staff) and the time needed to get the skirmish staves seems a lot shorter than a 99 mythic :X

I guess I'm looking for a way to use Meteor alone and having it a tiny bit stronger than thundaja because I have yet to even use it where it was effectively better for its MP cost.
    (0)

Character
    Duelle
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirokumiyazaki View Post
    Add some love for RDM!

We should be able to equip any gear that shares a similar name to our AF gear.

For instance:

AF Gear = Warlock's Chapeau

Athos's Chapeau (Same Exact Item Model, just painted green. RDM is unable to use it.)
    DEF:36
    STR+8
    "Magic Attack Bonus"+4
    Enhances "Fast Cast" effect
    Haste+5%
    Set: Increases rate of critical hits

Seems like the epitome of RDM to me... little bit of everything.
    I'd like to extend this to a lot more than just gear with similar names. RDM should be on several pieces that are considered "light armor", in part stuff that THF and BLU have access to. I'm still confused over why we weren't on Twilight Belt and Epona's Ring, for starters.

In the case of the Athos set, it irks me to see that the set is named after one of the three musketeers, which aesthetically RDM borrowed from, yet we can't equip that set at all.
    (0)
    * The sad thing is that FFXIV turned RDM into a turret, and people think that's what it's supposed to be. It's supposed to combine sword and magic into something more, not spend the bulk of gameplay spamming spells and jump into melee for only 3 GCDs before scurrying back to the back line.

Quote Originally Posted by Chocobits View Post
    Crafting Related

• Make all craft recipe items stackable to at least 12
    Quoting this for emphasis, more so with ores, beads, logs and other items.
    This would make gathering a less tedious and perhaps a more popular endeavour; Even more so now there's a requirement for it in a few Coalition assignments with the introduction of the SoA expansion.
    --------

On another note, an item crafted through goldsmithing known as "Phrygian Gold sheet" currently has no (or known) use.

Edit: Oh wow my name.
    (0)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Can Treefeller Gloves be changed to Treefeller Boots, and Agrarian Boots to Agrarian Gloves? Those items are used to log and harvest in the new expansion zones, but they conflict with logging and harvesting gear from the Field/Worker Set. Players engaged in logging and harvesting can thus only wear three pieces of armor boosting those activities, while players engaged in mining can wear 4 pieces.

If changing the item slots (and names) isn't an option, a creative solution would be to change the effect of
    Treefeller Gloves to
    DEF:5 Improves harvesting results.
    Eastern Ulbuka: Increases logging skill

and of
    Agragian Boots to
    DEF:6 Improves logging results.
    Eastern Ulbuka: Increases harvesting skill

This would allow logging, harvesting and mining the same bonus on the same amount of gear.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kristal; 04-25-2013 at 08:38 PM.
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Lottto
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    There are so many things that need be augmented or changed and the devs won't listen to the player base anyway.
    They promised to see what they could do for CoP rings for example last year and we're still waiting.

Anyway :
    CoP/Aht urgan rings
    Thief knife or at least a higher lvl version with treasure hunter.
    A better way to buy/craft Arrows/Bullets (250k/stack of bullets really SE?)
    R/E/Ms augmented. I finished my vere99 2 weeks before the update, thanks a lot for making it less powerful than a weapon you can get in a 2-3hrs battle.
    Elemental gorgets/belts/obis augmented like the Chatoyant staff which would allow us to only carry 1 of those said belts/gorgets/obis.
    (0)

Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast