Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 LastLast
    Player
    They need to just boost Bayld weapons to the same power as Skirmish weapons at all times, buff Skirmish weapons to be between where they are now, and where Delve weapons are, and then people will be able to easily get weapons that are stronger as current RMEs more easily, which solve all problems with it.
    (1)

Character
    Jirachi
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    They need to just boost Bayld weapons to the same power as Skirmish weapons at all times, buff Skirmish weapons to be between where they are now, and where Delve weapons are, and then people will be able to easily get weapons that are stronger as current RMEs more easily, which solve all problems with it.
    This game shouldn't be about getting the strongest weapons in a day where some people work months and years for a Empyrean Mythic or Relic, i feel like Empyrean Relics and Mythics should be the strongest weapons due to the fact of their special title and means of getting, however since empyrean are so much easier, they should the the weakest of the 3, Relics after that, and since Mythic are so much harder (and rarer more stuff required etc) should be the strongest weapons overall. that way you can't start the game leech to 99 jump into a delve and have the best weapon and gear of all time.
    (0)
    Proud Long Time Player! Attempting to 100% The Game!
    (Only 1 Relic 1 Mythic and 1 Empyrean is required for my 100%)

Player
    No but doing anything that puts those weapons ahead of the others while they are easy to obtain will always result in what we have now, people excluding other people from joining because they do not have a prestige weapon. Remember back when only a handful of people had Relics and Mythics? There were no shouts like this back then, because the weapons were not this common, with their commonality came the problem that is player exclusion based on not having them, and without essentially ruling out the basic forms of them, basically all levels under 99, you allow players to enforce this kind of requirement onto other players.

For now, Emps are seen as better than most or all weapons that are not of other RMED categories, they are also seen as very easy to get, so long as both of those things are the case, it can easily be a requirement to join events for people. Not saying some things should not require a great deal of gear, but saying that these kinds of restrictions are stupid, and unless something is done to rule out the lower leveled RMEs then you will see these kind of shouts continue. The weapons can stay the strongest, I have no problem with that, but if they should make the lower leveled weapons weaker in the overall flow of things, otherwise, we will keep as we are now, where RMEDs are required to play certain jobs in most parties because of the exclusionary way most leaders form their parties...
    (0)

Character
    Jirachi
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    No but doing anything that puts those weapons ahead of the others while they are easy to obtain will always result in what we have now, people excluding other people from joining because they do not have a prestige weapon. Remember back when only a handful of people had Relics and Mythics? There were no shouts like this back then, because the weapons were not this common, with their commonality came the problem that is player exclusion based on not having them, and without essentially ruling out the basic forms of them, basically all levels under 99, you allow players to enforce this kind of requirement onto other players.

For now, Emps are seen as better than most or all weapons that are not of other RMED categories, they are also seen as very easy to get, so long as both of those things are the case, it can easily be a requirement to join events for people. Not saying some things should not require a great deal of gear, but saying that these kinds of restrictions are stupid, and unless something is done to rule out the lower leveled RMEs then you will see these kind of shouts continue. The weapons can stay the strongest, I have no problem with that, but if they should make the lower leveled weapons weaker in the overall flow of things, otherwise, we will keep as we are now, where RMEDs are required to play certain jobs in most parties because of the exclusionary way most leaders form their parties...
    But if Delve weapons can be given to people who just start it will be the same problem, If delve weapons are so easy to get people will only want delve weapons, excluding newer or returning players from getting the delve weapon in general. At least if REM are the top weapons a casual once a week player will be able to get it over time, where as if its delve weapons they can only get one if all their friends are: 1. still playing, and 2. feel as if they wont drag the group into a wipe.

Like i said before im now being told i cant do voidwatch without owning delve weapons....at least back when REMs were the strongest weapon i could say "i have vereth" and get an invite.
    (0)
    Proud Long Time Player! Attempting to 100% The Game!
    (Only 1 Relic 1 Mythic and 1 Empyrean is required for my 100%)

Player
    Then in all honesty I would ignore those people because they are retarded, and no matter how hard SE tries, I doubt they can fix that problem.
    (2)

The real problem is that there are no good alternatives, that Delve (and soon RME too) are too far ahead of crafted weapons and other more common weapons.

Bayld weapons should have been way stronger than they are (latent DMG should be the default DMG). Skirmish weapons should be slightly increased, and the best augments on skirmish weapons should make the weapons slightly better than a vanilla delve weapon. There should also be a lot of crafted gear available. There should have been NQ craftable weapons that were as strong as unaugmented skirmish weapons right from the beginning of SoA, and also recipies with more expensive items for weapons that were on par with unaugmented delve weapons, and of course HQ versions of all these weapons.

Although a bit too late now, I think delve should have been added a bit later, and not in the way it is currently done. I think it would have been healthier for the game if gaining access to each delve would generate AH sellable items that could be used to enter skirmishes as a by-product. That way, the more often people did delve, the cheaper and easier it would be for the lower tier players to gain access to skirmish.
    (6)
    Last edited by Mirage; 06-03-2013 at 10:14 PM.

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    turn mog bonanza kupons into Ex item delivrable within same account
    (6)

Character
    Golliath
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Flawless Ribbon. Give PUP gear to be considered a DD instead of a cheap BST wanna be with mage gear.
    (0)
    http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Golliath

Save a Chocobo ride a Galka!

Character
    Kyrai
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    Lol I think they've forgotten about this thread. Probably just posted it cause they posted one on the JP forum where their actually reading it.
    I wondered about this. I've noticed that the JP threads have tons of comments, while NA threads have very few. Makes me wonder why they bothered asking in. It doesn't seem like they even look at the NA threads.

At any rate, what I'd like most is opening up the older content more so newer folks can get those as most of the playerbase is upper tiered now.

Up the scenario rewards now that cap has increased. I enjoy doing the missions and quests, but the rewards used to mean something. Now it's something of a letdown.

The abyssea, vw groups aren't as popular now that we have delve, so it would be nice for better drop rates.

Increase or drop assault tag limits, drop entry requirements to old Nyzul, etc.
    (2)

Character
    Fobby
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I've posted this a few times on this forum and it's only been drowned in necro bumps.

For gods sake allow us to consolidate all 8 elemental obis into one belt!
    (5)

Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 LastLast