Character
    Balade
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 68

Maat fight

any pointer for first time monk?
    I got beat twice already, first time with no preparation, second time with some preparation (vile elixer and marinara pizza) and he still beat me around 2-3 secs after hundred fist

Elvaan male, level 70, att 333, def 250 without food
    H2H 240, guarding 205, parrying 220

What else could/should I do?
    (0)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Ye Olde Blink Band, perhaps?
    (0)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!

Character
    Balade
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 68
    err, I havent check that, but nothing too fancy and expensive pls >_<
    (1)

Opo-Opo-necklace and 4 sleep potions. Equip band before entering BC. Enter, Boost, use all 4 sleep potions, boosting in between. Boost again after 4th wears off and run towards the BC. Engage, and boost again. Chi Blast Maat and use your strongest ws. Chakra then hundred fists. have vile elixir and +1 ready just in case
    (1)

Character
    Zetonegi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 1
    You shouldn't do your boosting while sleeping... you aren't hurt for time spend the 5 min buffing for a stronger chi blast might be the difference between life and death. Every litter bit helps here.
    First off get these items:
    http://www.ffxiah.com/item/15170d/blink-band
    http://www.ffxiah.com/item/14130/wulong-shoes
    http://www.ffxiah.com/item/13143/opo-opo-necklace
    4 sleeping potions
    1 Vile Elixir
    Food - I recommend Sis Kebabi, you can buy them from Mulnith in Whitegate
    Additionally, I would recommend getting your Hand-to-Hand skill to at least 246 since gives you an extra point of weapon damage.
    Wulongs may require some help getting a crafter but it shouldn't be too difficult.

Your battle strategy is as follows::
    Enter the battlefield with the blink band equipped.
    Equip Opo-opo necklace and use all 4 sleep potions. Make sure your weapon is equipped before doing this!!
    Use the blink band.
    Equip your actual head and neck.
    Run up to Maat, turn so you are not facing him, and engage. DO NOT face maat during the boost phase you'll be cheating yourself on extra damage.
    Equip AF hands and boost on cooldown for 2min 45s this should be a total of 11 boosts.
    After the 11th boost, use Hundred Fists, Focus, Dodge, Chi Blast, equip your real gloves, and charge in.
    Use Raging Fists(without boosting) whenever you have TP.
    Use Chakra when you've a Chakra's worth of damage, this will probably be after you take ~2 hits.
    Use your Vile Elixir when you're ~60% you'll be below 50% by the time you use it because Maat will be in HF himself. Trust me.

Notes:
    Make macros for all the gear swaps and job abilities ahead of time and make sure they work!!!
    Wulong Shoes are secretly a +27 damage weapon for your kick attacks this is better than basically anything else especially because you're going to be using Hundred Fists. Don't wear haste gear, you're going to be using Hundred Fists.
    Blink Band gives a 3 shadow blink and after activating it you can swap it for your real headgear. For all intents and purposes a single use utsusemi:ichi against Maat.
    You don't want to boost before weapon skills because the attacks you lose because of the boost animation will do more damage than the damage you get from boosting.
    When you finish be thankful you aren't a red mage.
    (0)
    Last edited by Zetonegi; 01-11-2013 at 10:15 PM.

Character
    Balade
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 68
    does strip myself before entering help?
    I got conflicting answer on this, wiki said it no longer help, but ls said it still work
    (0)

Character
    Zetonegi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 1
    It never did anything but it was a fun superstition.
    (0)

Character
    Balade
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 68
    ok, done
    I actually went to capped my h2h, guard and parry for this lol
    blink band really help

thanks for all the response guys
    (4)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Congratulations!
    (0)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!