Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    So Alhanelem you asked for the source, I gave you the source.
    You did. Did I complain? No, I didn't. I mean, is it wrong of me to ask people to back up their statements?

And yes, people can forget about things. We're only humans, or at least I am one. I'm not sure why you felt compelled to make a post to basically just say NUH UH! SO THERE!

Why are people so resistant to providing sources for their claims?
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 01-11-2013 at 03:14 AM.

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Why are people so resistant to providing sources for their claims?
    Dunno about others, but for me it's because it's boring and requires you a lot of time trying to remember the right keyword to find the right thread.
    Lost lot of time to find the right threads >_____>
    (1)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I dont think they are so resistant to providing sources but it did seem like you had a POIDH attitude toward what he was sayin he "thought" he remembered, which felt like a NUH UH! from you. When he posted what he remembered, i also remembered seeing the same thing (and didnt feel i needed proof lol).

I for one cant wait for these changes, and really hope to see them soon. in his first link there the dev/community rep mentioned showin the map at all times i hope that is a updating map which shows our current location as we move as oppose to set autorun and check the map and the cursor of my location stays put even though i have trekked across the entire map blindly
    (0)

Character
    Yru
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Looks awesome, but it had better be keyboard-friendly. I don't use the mouse at all when I play.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    I dont think they are so resistant to providing sources but it did seem like you had a POIDH attitude toward what he was sayin he "thought" he remembered, which felt like a NUH UH! from you. When he posted what he remembered, i also remembered seeing the same thing (and didnt feel i needed proof lol).

I for one cant wait for these changes, and really hope to see them soon. in his first link there the dev/community rep mentioned showin the map at all times i hope that is a updating map which shows our current location as we move as oppose to set autorun and check the map and the cursor of my location stays put even though i have trekked across the entire map blindly
    well I totally agree, I can't wait for the new UI, I guess I'm just overly cynical about what will actually come out of it. it's not hard to be a cynic around here these days. ;p

Looks awesome, but it had better be keyboard-friendly. I don't use the mouse at all when I play.
    Well, nobody uses the mouse, because the mouse input is so convoluted and bad in this game. If it was actually designed well, it would be useful. That's what I'm hoping for here.

A new UI doesn't change the game controls. Your keyboard will do all the same things it did before- but you'll probably need to use the mouse at least once to set up the windows the way you'd like.
    (0)

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    it kinda sounds like this gui will be similiar to how wow works. ive played wow recently and one thing that really annoyed me was having to use the mouse to select a target then move down to the macro line and back up again sometimes. or to select a menu, i gradually started to learn how the keyboard is set up for things in that game (i mostly never hit the action bar with a mouse except to open a menu cause u can use keys 1 thru =) and it wasnt as much of a problem. so i hope they do fix the mouse use but i am somewhat scared they will make it have alot of moving cursors across the whole screen to do things. I would be very happy if we could use the 3 bar system they spoke of and still use a controller, but we will see.
    (0)

Character
    Lokithor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    FFXI's user interface features have been very poor since the day it launched. Windower filled that gap quite nicely. If the new UI changes break windower, then that may be the end for many players. Seriously, I wish SE would incorporate windower support in future testing - so much of the player base uses it.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokithor View Post
    FFXI's user interface features have been very poor since the day it launched. Windower filled that gap quite nicely. If the new UI changes break windower, then that may be the end for many players. Seriously, I wish SE would incorporate windower support in future testing - so much of the player base uses it.
    They probably wont break windower (and if they do, probably not for long)- and the old UI will still be available if the new one causes issues for you.

SE is never going to incorporate any kind of 3rd party program into their development- it is just never going to happen, especially considering the hacky nature of windower which hooks into and reads FFXI memory- That won't be useful to SE adding on to or modifying the actual UI.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    You'll have to source this. Never heard anything of the sort. I don't think they'd ever give us alliance TP/MP because it's not fair to the console players.
    It's data already fed to the client...for all systems.
    (0)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I thought they mentioned that the new UI was going to be more mouse-friendly.
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast