Skill+ for buffs: Still worth it?

I've just realised recently since making daurdabla and looking for more string gear, that it appears a bit of a pointless excercise.

Back at 75, there was a huge expense on instrument skill gear because every bard wanted to hit that magical cap on march. However, that cap is now obtainable when naked.

So, my question is: Are there any buff songs that we actually need to gear for to reach the skill cap?

Or is + duration, instrument and full emp+2 gear all that is really worth using (for when the song goes off, I don't mean fast cast/song cast time- gear).
    (2)

Character
    Zetonegi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 1
    Scherzo cap is currently unknown so skill matters there. Everything else is capped with capped skills at 99. Song Name+X>>Song Duration++>>AF3+ bonus(every little bit helps).
    Of course for debuffs its Duration>>Ele Staff>>Skill=M.Acc>>CHR unless you have trouble landing songs(uncapped skills for example) where you should obviously focus Skill and M.acc over song duration.
    (0)

Thanks for the response.

Debuffs are fairly obvious so I was fine with them, it was mainly just the newer spells like Scherzo, minuet 5, Minne V.
    (0)

Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Late to this, but Scherzo cap has been known for quite a while now. It's not too difficult to cap, but requires 800 combined skill total to do so.
    (0)

Thanks Creelo, I'll look into what my stats are. Pretty sure I cap that though
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Skill is still important, but only to a certain degree. The cap on Scherzo can be reached rather easily with very little gear, anything above that is wasted to current knowledge. That said, outside of buffs it's still (believed to be) uncapped, so it will all contribute to Magic Accuracy for landing Elegy, Lullaby and Finale.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    Skill is still important, but only to a certain degree. The cap on Scherzo can be reached rather easily with very little gear, anything above that is wasted to current knowledge. That said, outside of buffs it's still (believed to be) uncapped, so it will all contribute to Magic Accuracy for landing Elegy, Lullaby and Finale.
    Yeah, hence my OP only asking about buffs. It's basically to decide if 5/5 emp+2 is the best, or if skill gear would beat it in any slot. By the looks of it, it wouldn't. (for landing the buffs only of course. Song casting/fast cast gear macro'd in)
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Full AF3+2 is your bread and butter midcast set. The only consideration that would lead you to break the set up would be Marduk's Shalwar +1.
    (0)