Character
    Conini
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99

/drg : Where's the Wyvern?

Hello all.

Here to discuss /drg as a sub. I'm sure most everyone has noticed that you can't have your wyvern as /drg. My thing is, how would having your wyvern at 40+(5? 7? Maybe 49 I can't remember.) quote: "lmfao break the game" ? (Wanna talk about breaking the game? Give SCH the Red Agenda.)

My thing is, if wyvern breath and healing would be so overpowered, then just don't give the pet its usual drg breaths; Let it be drg/ only. It is already in the system that the wyvern is limited by support job? So why not let wyvern be restricted by drg BEING the sub job; Or if anything, remove "Spirit Link" from the job abilities list?

I never did DRG artifact quests if there's some sort of reason as to why /drg couldn't get call wyvern but it just seems stupid not to if /pup gets thier puppet, and /bst can still tame mobs. No matter how you look at /pup and /bst pets are morely for sacrificial/aesthetic purposes. The same would be for the wyvern. That shouldn't break the game, just give a little more renewed interest in certain lowbie pieces like Chanoix's Gorget and Wyvern Earring for the people who sub pet classes.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Conini View Post
    My thing is, if wyvern breath and healing would be so overpowered, then just don't give the pet its usual drg breaths; Let it be drg/ only. It is already in the system that the wyvern is limited by support job? So why not let wyvern be restricted by drg BEING the sub job; Or if anything, remove "Spirit Link" from the job abilities list?
    If you restrict anything then the next person is just going to ask the exact same thing your saying but to activate the JAs. The reason its not accessible is because it use to be DRG's special ability (2hr) and since it is the iconic part of the job itself, SE decided to only allow it for the main job. It wouldn't break the game even if you had access to breaths. Its pretty much just a lore thing.
    (0)

Character
    Kaiichi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Although it isn't really made clear, from what is clear, story wise, you and your Wyv... (sorry, I die a lil every time), you and your Wyvern share what is known as the "Holy Crest," witch appears every time you Spirit Surge. That aside, the wyvern is linked to you by the Holy Crest and basically only recognizes you by the Holy Crest and since it only apears in you when you main Dragoon, this could in turn be the reasoning behind the fact weather or not you can only Call Wyvern as a main job DRG. For further understanding, it could be said that this is why you can't learn Blue Magic without being Blue Mage main. As the lil red eye thingy only appears in you as a Blue Mage main.

Please keep in mind that this is only my theory, not fact.
    (0)
    Warning: You have the right to remain silent. Anything you do or say will be misunderstood, misworded, misquoted, and then used against you. For this is the law of the interwebs.

Character
    Danita
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    It should be allowed and the abilities of the 1/2 level Wyvern should be based no your main job. It's simply their senseless fear that so many Wyverns would be on screens all the time, people would lag out from all the DD/drg's everywhere. As if.
    (0)

Player
    no they stated the wyvern is what makes the job and they found it pretty much pointless to have the wyvern as the sub as it is after all the sub job.. not the main. although i wouldn't mind having qiqiru with me on my whm..... I love my Qiqiru!
    (0)

Player
    Qiqiru
    You picked the wrong name.
    (0)

Character
    Limecat
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I really want to be able to call out a wyvern with /DRG.
    (0)

Character
    Caiusx
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    With all DD/drg and a wyvern u could spread out AoE damage very well lol
    (0)

Character
    Helldemon
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Only if the AoE is like 1000 needles which very very few are.
    (0)

Character
    Kinspawn
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 87
    Whats the point in subbing /drg anyway?
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast