Thread: TH in VW

Character
    Aldebaron
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

TH in VW

Does anyone know if the TH bonus at end of fight stacks with RED cap? I've noticed my drops average better when the TH bonus is there, but many groups don't bring a THF.
    (0)

Character
    Fynlar
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    VW alignments have two separate caps, a "soft" and a "hard" one. For instance here, looking at red alignment here:

Soft cap is what you can get from procs/blitz alone *without* the assistance of cells or TH. This is the number you see in the chat log during the fight upon hitting procs + blitz ending. For red light, this cap is 350. If you have periapts of glory this is raised by 25 each at the end of the fight, up to a max of 400.

Hard cap is including what cells/TH can add. For red light, this cap is 500 (550 with both periapts of glory).

Summary: If you are hitting the soft cap of 350 and using 3 rubicund cells, you are already hitting the hard cap and TH will not boost red light any further.
    (0)

Character
    Llana
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynlar View Post
    VW alignments have two separate caps, a "soft" and a "hard" one. For instance here, looking at red alignment here:

Soft cap is what you can get from procs/blitz alone *without* the assistance of cells or TH. This is the number you see in the chat log during the fight upon hitting procs + blitz ending. For red light, this cap is 350. If you have periapts of glory this is raised by 25 each at the end of the fight, up to a max of 400.

Hard cap is including what cells/TH can add. For red light, this cap is 500 (550 with both periapts of glory).

Summary: If you are hitting the soft cap of 350 and using 3 rubicund cells, you are already hitting the hard cap and TH will not boost red light any further.
    The "TH level" calculated at the end will still apply over the 550 cap, it is separate from the hard 550 cap on spectral alignment.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    If you can't out-claim someone who's AFK, you need to find a new game to play.

Character
    Fynlar
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    The "TH level" calculated at the end will still apply over the 550 cap, it is separate from the hard 550 cap on spectral alignment.
    No, it's not. You will never, ever see red light over 550 under any circumstances, unless they were to release another periapt of glory somehow.
    (0)

Player
    I have had THFs in my VW party before, never seen light go above 550.
    (0)

Character
    Aldebaron
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Llana_Virren View Post
    I think he's saying what I was suspecting, the TH is something separate, if it only effected lights then why is there texts saying "TH alignment increases across the board" if it was all included then wouldn't 550 be all it says?

The main reason I started noticing this was doing VW without THF and everyone just got trash, x12 runs, then next 12 had THF getting level 10 TH each time and drops were noticeably better, gears, HMP, I know it's all luck based but it was significantly noticeable from no drops for anyone to drops all over the place.

It would be great if SE could clarify this
    (0)
    Last edited by Crusader81; 01-04-2013 at 06:58 PM.

Character
    Fynlar
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I think he's saying what I was suspecting, the TH is something separate, if it only effected lights then why is there texts saying "TH alignment increases across the board" if it was all included then wouldn't 550 be all it says?
    TH just serves as a final potential increase to red light (all lights, really, but just looking at red light for the sake of example) in the event you didn't already reach the 500/525/550 hard cap. This will only happen if

1) You didn't use 3 rubicund cells, OR
    2) You didn't reach the soft cap of 350 via procs/blitz

Example: You only get red light to 400 instead of 550 (because you did not use any rubi cells). You get TH to 10, resulting in a 10% increase to lights. Instead of 400, you would end up with a final amount of approximately 440 red instead.

TH has not been confirmed to have a "separate" effect, nor is there any reason to believe that it should based on how we've known TH to work -- that is, TH has never been known to otherwise affect drops unless they came from directly off a monster's defeat (for instance, it's never affected rewards from a chest like in a BCNM). In fact, if I'm not mistaken, wasn't the whole "TH affecting VW alignment" something that was added in later after Voidwatch's initial release in a half-assed attempt to placate all the people complaining about how bringing a THF was pointless?

It would be great if SE could clarify this
    They've been hush-hush about TH ever since THF was a job, what makes you think they're gonna stop?
    (0)

Player
    Our new producer seems to want the game to not suck, maybe since hes talking to the players alot more than we have ever seen before, we can get some info like that.
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    Our new producer seems to want the game to not suck, maybe since hes talking to the players alot more than we have ever seen before, we can get some info like that.
    He's talking a lot, but he's not really saying much. The things he is saying are normally excuses and procrastinations on simple issues. I can't honestly say I feel any different to how it was before.
    (1)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Player
    Well, we are also getting some real info about these new things as well, which seems new and different than before, though before I never payed much attention about it so that may just be new to me. In either case, at least hes taking the time to say something to us about why they are late with things, before if an update(CAIT SITH!?!?) was months off from when it should have been here, we assumed they forgot. For now he seems to be trying to get things organized, which is good, and that excuse is only good for another 3 months really, because after that alot of the already being worked on content will be out, meaning that he cant say they have so much to do they cant get it done in time. At that point they shouldn't have so much to work on, so if the chaos of having alot of things going is the problem, it should clear up around then hopefully.
    (0)