Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Winrie View Post
    FFXIV in its alpha/Beta stages is more entertaining than XI. Just throwing that out there.
    Um, no.

Just throwing that out there.
    (5)

Character
    Waldrich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Bring a new player to an officer and ask him to play the game for 3 months w/o asking question or checking internet... if he meet "actual standard of the FFXI" and what "veteran players ask from a new player", I'd love to see him doing some missions w/o any "shared information" out there. I'm sure he would need like 1 whole year to be where I can put my mule in 1 month.
    (1)

Forgive my brazilian english, if that matter.

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    although i think i got the jist of what waldrich just said i am not wholey sure.

you are saying if you put a new player in the game with no outside information sources he would have no idea what to do?
    (1)

Character
    Shuffles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    That is what he is saying. This game is horrible when it comes to guidance. Missions hardly ever point you to what you need to do. Most rpgs at least say, go get iron ore. This game would say i want something and leave it at that.
    (3)

Character
    Waldrich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    although i think i got the jist of what waldrich just said i am not wholey sure.

you are saying if you put a new player in the game with no outside information sources he would have no idea what to do?
    "w/o asking questions or checking internet" some of basic stuff become a big achievement:

- I would love to see that guy getting sub job quest done.

- Having more than only 30 inventory spaces.

- Getting airship pass to Kazham.

- Getting Mog Locker unlocked.

- Getting Storage space.

- Finding the way to Xarcabard to do his LB Quest.

- Getting SMN leveled with all avatars! "Just messing"
    (2)
    Last edited by Waldrich; 01-11-2013 at 11:37 AM.

Character
    Waldrich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    The thing is you need to actually make your friend believe they'll enjoy the game 3~4 months after they first started playing.

You gotta ask your friend to not give up on doing nothing but running around and pressing "Attack".
    (1)

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I remember a mission for COP where there was no guidance from the last mission of what to do. checkin online of course i found that i needed to go to one of the zones near tavnazia and click a door which spawns a Detector mob. at no point was there any rationalization to do this. and further more a detector which was only seen in game in sky at that point was the mob it spawned?! to this day the only thing i could think of that would lead me here was i might have gotten 1-2 CSes there in the past. from the moment i spawned that thing i remembered thinkin WTF is wrong with this game, how would anyone figure this out without lookin online or even DAT mining. this is jsut an example of what we are talkin bout.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Kraggy View Post
    In all honesty, XI will never attract any great number of new players, because old-style grind-fests which is what XI still largely is is not what 'new gamers' want
    Yes yes, people like you said this every year after the NA PS2 release.
    (0)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3