Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

Alternate way of Getting Relic gear

Through Campaign, at the appropriate price Allied Notes per piece, it wouldn't restrict people doing dynamis for a free shot piece and currency, but would allow people to work toward Relic gear, without being unlucky with either drops or lot.
    (12)

Character
    Yru
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I kind of like this idea, especially with the Campaign tie-in. While I'm not so sure about the ToAU jobs mysteriously gaining relevance in the Crystal War, it makes sense that the NPCs in the WotG cutscenes got their gear from somewhere in their era.

I'm kind of curious, are they going to bother releasing relic armor for the SoA jobs now that the lvl70-75 range isn't as important?
    (0)

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Yrusama View Post
    I kind of like this idea, especially with the Campaign tie-in. While I'm not so sure about the ToAU jobs mysteriously gaining relevance in the Crystal War, it makes sense that the NPCs in the WotG cutscenes got their gear from somewhere in their era.

I'm kind of curious, are they going to bother releasing relic armor for the SoA jobs now that the lvl70-75 range isn't as important?
    Well with the +2 upgrades available for relic they can be turned into a usable piece at the level cap.
    (0)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    With the job list ever expanding I would really love it if there's some way to pinpoint a specific piece you want like this. It's ridiculous that I'm something like 18/20 on my glacier pieces but I've done maybe 5 runs without getting either one of the pieces I need. It's really unnecessary for gear that's pretty mediocre nowadays.

They were perfectly willing to AF armor (50-60) when 75 was the cap so I doubt the "relevancy" of the armor is ever a factor...hell, I'm sure the AF armor will be overall more useful at the cap than half the 99 pieces they add with each patch, lol.
    (2)

Even a gear exchange NPC would be nice. Maybe tie it to the goblins that already exist for currency exchanges.

Example.
    I get Clerics Mitts, but want a Dchap.
    Go to Gob.
    Trade Cmits for Dchap.

Limit it to zone by zone exchanges, so Xarc with Xarc/Bastok with Bastok.

is a PITA farming through all these items with stupid low % drops only to drop them all when you are done because you don't have that job, or don't want that item.
    (1)
    There is no min only max. Or something like that.

Character
    Lyltia
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Have you been in Dynamis lately? You can get 20+ drops in a single run if you don't screw around. The droprate is fine.
    (0)
    Lyltia: RDM SCH BLM WHM NIN SMN BLU PLD THF DRK
    Aegis 95 Kannagi 90 Almace 90 Hvergelmir 90

Valkyri: BRD WHM COR THF RDM BLM SCH
    Daurdabla 99 Gjallarhorn 99 Armageddon 90 Twashtar 90

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    The drop rate isn't the problem, the problem is that I continuously get the pieces I don't need. If I could force a drop by already having the other pieces that would be great, but since they don't let you do that I've gone like 5+ runs getting a ton of Relic armor that i just plain don't need.

When you consider that you only have a 5% chance past the actual ~5% drop rate of relic armor you'll realize how bad your odds are of getting the piece you actually want.
    (2)
    Last edited by Kincard; 01-03-2013 at 04:29 PM.

Player
    I swear forcing drops has seemed to work for me. I went to Dynamis Xar on my other characters BST, leaving all gear from that zone in my Locker, and I got every piece in only 3 runs except the DRK head. I had no doubles, and I had no slow down in the rate of drops, so it seemed to work just fine.
    (0)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    As far as I know, forcing drops makes it so that the items just don't appear in the pool at all (Otherwise people would just use it to force KB to drop DRings), so you're not actually increasing your odds in any way, you're just making it so you don't have to /toss a bunch of random stuff after/during your run.

Whatever the case it's a lot more annoying to obtain them than it should be considering how the lv. 70 relic gear itself is mostly mediocre.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kincard; 01-03-2013 at 06:32 PM.

Player
    Agreed....
    (0)