Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Character
    Mefuki
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    ...off the top of my head there are FFX and X-2 which have international versions Ill never play, KH Final Mix and Final Mix+ which I desperately wanna play, and yet never will.
    Off-topic but, MAN are you ever right about this. Those versions are the far superior ones with tons of new and desired content and we never got to play them. Still bugs me...
    (3)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mefuki View Post
    Off-topic but, MAN are you ever right about this. Those versions are the far superior ones with tons of new and desired content and we never got to play them. Still bugs me...
    Hell might freeze over; it may be a part of the PS3 re-release of X.
    (0)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!

Player
    I rather the KH ones more than the FFX ones, FFX ones had good additions, however KH had alot more to offer in my opinion, such as RE:Chain of Memories, and the area where you could fight Xemnas before KH2, or the area where you could fight all of the 13 Org members, and the 13 Mushrooms, oh how I want that game... ;;
    (0)

Character
    Kurdtray
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    All this nonsense against the game is just that, nonsense. JP is getting the ps2 version, they already have the translations for the pc and xbox versions, they can easily make it down load only with the code, sure it would take ps2 users longer to download but then they could enjoy the game they've been playing. Or how about the ps3 upgrade. This shouldn't be an issue SE, if you have the game already set up for 3 systems, and plan on releasing it to the states, then it should be released on all 3 systems in the states, THIS ISN'T ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by StingRay104 View Post
    All this nonsense against the game is just that, nonsense. JP is getting the ps2 version, they already have the translations for the pc and xbox versions, they can easily make it down load only with the code, sure it would take ps2 users longer to download but then they could enjoy the game they've been playing. Or how about the ps3 upgrade. This shouldn't be an issue SE, if you have the game already set up for 3 systems, and plan on releasing it to the states, then it should be released on all 3 systems in the states, THIS ISN'T ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!
    apparently it is, because you don't seem to understand that it is purely a business decision. Very few people play on the PS2 in the US, and it is no longer being sold in the US, and no major stores in the US still carry playstation 2 games (used doesn't count). Even if SE did want to bring it here, no store would sell it. It has nothing to do with code, translations or anything else. It's purely about business. They can't just "upgrade" it to the PS3, either. The playerbase is not growing, it makes no sense for them to officially expand onto a new platform.

THE PS2 IS (ALL BUT) DEAD IN THE STATES. GET OVER IT. Get an xbox or get a PC, and deal with it.
    The ONLY reason it's coming out on the ps2 in Japan is because they still sell the ps2 there (not for long though) and they still sell ps2 games there, and a much larger portion of Japanese players are still on the ps2. It's not like they didn't do a survey a while back to figure out how many people were still on the PS2 and where. This decision is likely in large part based on that survey.
    (2)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Even if SE did want to bring it here, no store would sell it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziyyigo-Tipyigo View Post
    One would. I note I can even buy the PS2 games advertised in the PlayOnline Viewer here.

They can't just "upgrade" it to the PS3, either.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ion_2_classics

THE PS2 IS (ALL BUT) DEAD IN THE STATES. GET OVER IT. Get an xbox or get a PC, and deal with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziyyigo-Tipyigo View Post
    (And you're posting in this thread because...?)
    (3)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    (And you're posting in this thread because...?)
    Because, people don't get it, and I'm making an apparently futile effort to help them get it?

What business is it of yours why I post in any particular thread. I post in a thread because for some reason or another, I see something in it I want to comment on or the subject interests me.

PlayStation 2 Classics are in their original form. These aren’t remasters, and therefore don’t have Trophy support
    PS2 classics are not "upgrades." Also, maybe I'm wrong here, but the original game probably has to have sold X number of copies to be considered for it (like Greatest Hits, Nintendo Selects, etc).

In the end, it doesn't matter how much the remaining PS2 players in the US kick and scream, it's not coming. I really don't know why you all aren't suprised this didn't happen sooner.

And that's why nobody outside Japan can buy soundtrack discs. Oh, wait...
    How many people out here would buy those soundtrack discs? I'm sure a few would (I would!) but their marketing directors and business people with black suits and ties probably don't think it will sell well enough to be worth doing. It's the same reason as any game and any piece of merchandise that doesn't get brought over here- They don't think it will sell well enough. It's as simple as that. There is no other reason. They don't hate us, they just don't think we'll buy it.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 01-11-2013 at 07:09 AM.

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    How many people out here would buy those soundtrack discs? I'm sure a few would (I would!) but their marketing directors and business people with black suits and ties probably don't think it will sell well enough to be worth doing.
    http://store.na.square-enix.com/stor....#.UO8-JKPGOM8
    http://store.na.square-enix.com/stor....#.UO8-KqPGOM8
    http://store.na.square-enix.com/stor....#.UO8-LaPGOM8

If you want to stop humiliating yourself and/or sounding like a troll, you might want to consider reading more and posting less.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    What are those links supposed to tell me?

Linking me to things that ARE being sold doesn't tell me anything. I'm not humiliating myself. Your post implied you were talking about something that isn't being sold here- yet they are. The only reason to do that would be to troll me. (this is exacerbated by your setting a level 1 mule as your "main job" - done by everyone who wants to hide so they can troll with no repercussions)

May I ask what soundtrack CDs, which can easily be enjoyed by non-players, have to do with releasing an expansion on a defunct-in-the-US console? I hope I'm not "humiliating" myself too much by asking this.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 01-11-2013 at 09:54 AM.

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    What are those links supposed to tell me?
    To recognize sarcasm? To pay more attention to news updates on playonline.com? To do a little research before shooting off your mouth? To not shoot your mouth off on topics that have zero impact on your life to begin with? Where this teachable moment takes you is truly up to you.

(this is exacerbated by your setting a level 1 mule as your "main job")
    Yes, because I take all my mules to 30 just to unlock summoner.

Excuse me, I forgot your difficulties with sarcasm. But this brings me back to my earlier point: think before you write.

May I ask what soundtrack CDs, which can easily be enjoyed by non-players, have to do with releasing an expansion on a defunct-in-the-US console?
    The CDs are digital optical media, in an industry-standard size and format, that were pressed in a limited run, and yet somehow, somehow managed to at least break even.

Consoles based on optical media didn't beat out cartridge-based consoles because everyone loved load times. Optical media consoles dominate because optical media is cheap
    (0)

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast