Character
    Toadie
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

Making Bazaar Shopping Easier and Friendlier

I orginally posted this in another thread in response to comments people have made, but I've also seen recently gripes elsewhere regarding max prices in bazaars. Thus I felt it would be good to start a new thread addressing the isssue seperately.

My original first comment in the Ghost Moogle thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Toadie-Odie View Post
    I think it would be even cooler if he followed you around and pointed out interesting bazaars too.
    A few responses to that quoted my comment in the same thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Ziyyigo-Tipyigo View Post
    Can a moogle be trained to beat senseless anyone they spot with a bazaar containing nothing but a 100M gil love chocolate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Caketime View Post
    All of my money for this.
    And finally, my response to both comments:

Noooooo! :cry: Because then he would be beating me up senseless all the time and I have very little sense as it is. :sob:

lol Seriously though, I have a different character for bazaaring items I wish to actually sell that I AFK in. I try not to AFK with my main because of the "gallery" items I have in his bazaar. As an anniversary gift from my husband one year, he created a female tarutaru charactar just so my main character could have an in-game wedding. All the items in that character's bazaar set to max price is related to that.

I guess what I'm trying to say is not everyone one with a maxed priced item is trying to be a troll. Some people do it to share a special moment/memory they have in the game. I wasn't aware that it was even an issue for people until I started participating in the forums here.

Neopets.com had a similiar issue going on with their custom shops a few years ago. People, myself included, would place their collections in their shops as a display gallery. The site's solution to this was to create a specialty shop called gallery. Anything placed in there has no price now, but is available for public viewing seperate from the sellables they might have from their shops.

My thought here in this is maybe SE can provide players a similiar kind of option. Right now we get a brown sack next to our names when we place anything in our bazaar. Would it be difficult to add a new sack icon with a different color for those that have "gallery" items in their bazaar to notify people that are shopping we don't have anything to sell? This will allow shoppers to skip over gallery bazaars and focus on those actually selling something without hindering those that wish to display something for the sake of a precious memory.
    The odd thing about my comment there is that I posted it to be funny, unaware that there was an honest issue with the max pricing of items in bazaars. Afterwards I got to thinking about how FFXIAH posts a list of bazaars and what people have in them. I don't know how that information gets there. I have never seen any of my characters' bazaars listed.

However, between my earlier post in this thread regarding galleries and adding a shopping mog that searches bazaars for you I think the problem with the bazaar shopping could be allievated.

I think I should start a seperate thread for that.
    So here is the new thread. We have two seperate issues:
    1. Max Pricing in Bazaars
    2. Finding Items We Want in Bazaars

The possible solutions I've offered so far are:
    1. Creating a Gallery Flag
    2. Creating a Bazaar Search Function

I would also like to specify that the bazaar search function wouldn't pull up items that are marked as gallery items.

What are your thoughts on this?

Can you think of any other solutions that might be workable within the game?

Because I REALLY don't want to get lynched just because I want to show off my wedding ring, but in the same token I can see the problem in doing so that it can cause. So I would like to see something put in place that would make both groups of people happy.
    (7)
    Each person is an individual being, capable of independent thought and unique emotion, deserving respect, dignity, and compassion in all things, at all times, and in all places.

To do anything else denies the self of its humanity.

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I think something that would be nice is if they expanded the size of seacoms. It would allow for people to list off larger item lists, which is usually the biggest limitation when I'm trying to list what I'm trying to sell in my seacom.

A bazaar search function would be really great though, but I'm not sure it's actually possible within the game's current framework.
    (0)

Character
    Siondra
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    SE just needs to make everything AH-able and remove the 7 item limit. I would throw so many more items onto the Ah if i had more than seven slots. A lot of my farming is done purely for npc-able items due to that fact.

And as my wife can attest to, few things annoy me more than people with items set in their bazaar at max price. I hunt bazaars to find good prices on a lot of items for myself and my LS. Slogging through each one i see is time consuming enough as is. When I see 14 people in a row with 12 love chocolates... my vision goes a little blurry. I have gil and i want to spend it! I am completely an impulse buyer in game. Give me a good deal and you will have my money!!! Yet time and again i run into max price sentimental items or people with no idea how competitive markets prices work.

Remove the bazaar system entirely, rework the AH so we can put ALL items on there, remove AH limit. Problem solved. The "bazaar" can be changed to "gallery" for those who have those items they like to show off and i don't have to look at every single one in hopes of actually finding something i can buy. Everybody wins!
    (1)

Character
    Toadie
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I like being able to set up a bazaar to sell items at a specific price. People can see exactly how much I want for it and nobody can just hijack the price up just because they have the gil to do so, like they often do on the AH. There are advantages to bazaaring that I would hate to see go away. The disadvantages with bazaaring is getting your bazaar seen and shoppers finding that one item they want.

I'm not saying increasing the AH limit wouldn't be helpful. I think it would be very helpful actually. However, I do feel that bazaars have a place in the game.

I don't know, maybe setting up a marketplace location that is accessible from all cities (you can only exit into the city you came in from) might work. This way if you have a bazaar with something to sell, you could go there to AFK in. Maybe even register your bazaar into the marketplace for the search function. Once you leave or your bazaar is empty of sellables, your bazaar comes off the list.
    (1)
    Each person is an individual being, capable of independent thought and unique emotion, deserving respect, dignity, and compassion in all things, at all times, and in all places.

To do anything else denies the self of its humanity.