Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Kyqrieas
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99

Gungnir Skin/Map

I know Devs probably don't really look at these forums much as there hasn't been any major, needed changes to drg for a long time (other than jump recasts, but that applied to every jobs merit categories so not gonna count that) but I feel I should just put this idea across and see if it gets anywhere.

Basically, I've just obtained my Gungnir and I'm very happy with it so far, despite the terrible ws and aftermath but that doesn't really bother me so much. The only real thing that kinda gets to me sometimes is in certain lights it looks a little weird and like it's rubber or a toy polearm.

This is probably due to low graphic potential in the past but as new weapons are being designed were seeing a lot more detail and I was wondering if there was room to redesign the mapping on certain weapons, main one for me being Gungnir. There are no issues with the shape, like people have mentioned before, it would be nice to have a shape more like Odins but definitely not necessary as most gungnir references I've come across online have been the trident shape as is in FFXI at the moment.

The main change I personally would like to see is to remove the baby blue colouring and make the grey/silver a darker shade so that it stands out more, giving it more of an aggressive stance, being a weapon worthy of a god and all! The main issue I see is that the actual silver edge of Gungnir doesn't stand out enough because the silver is too light and the blue too dominant. And actually, having it in gold (like Apocalypse and Mandau) would look fantastic on gungnir. IIRC the Gungnir referenced in the movie Thor was gold.

This certainly isn't a request that I would put above fixing some major downsides of DRG, just a nice bonus I would like to see that would be a relatively easy fix. Simply a cosmetic bonus that I'm sure a lot of DRG's would appreciate.

There's a very low chance this will happen I'm just putting it out there in hope! Anyone have any opinions or thoughts on this? Maybe if people feel the same and we can get enough likes it could happen!
    (2)

Player
    Most DRGs like Gungnir. It matches our AF/AF2/AF3 nicely. Dragoon lances in the FF series have traditionally been blue anyway.

Final Fantasy IV Kain Highwind

Final Fantasy VII 'Dragoon Lance'
    (1)
    Last edited by Ophannus; 12-31-2012 at 09:56 AM.

Character
    Kyqrieas
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I agree blue is nice but it's the very light baby blue i dislike. If it was darker like in the pics and to match af it would look a lot better, but instead it looks like it could be the af1 weapon colour-wise, and considering its a relic I personally would prefer darker or a different colour scheme entirely.
    (1)

Character
    Kyqrieas
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Also don't get me wrong, I like Gungnirs design, but I just think it can be improved due to it's status being a relic weapon. Where other relics get gold, silver and other seemingly rich colours to signify their "worth" as such, we get odin's supposed weapon and its.... baby blue! Even a very rich dark blue/purple, like Kain Highwinds it would look fantastic.
    (1)

Player
    Dude, Gungnir's skin is unique technically. Apoc/Annihilator/Spharai/ were originally the "Rune Scythe, Rune Gun, Rune Cesti" models they they just made into relics. Compare the markings on the weapon and their gold color to the other Rune weapons. Be glad Gungnir is a unique model and not just a Rune Trident renamed into Gungnir.
    (0)

Character
    Kyqrieas
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Fair enough lol, not really a big deal just thought I'd put my views out there. I personally would like to see more of a noble colour than baby blue but I think it's more my colour settings that make it look lighter so I'll have a play around later, see if i can make it darker. I tend not to look up weapons on the internet but from the pics I've seen it is a darker blue than I get so this must seem like a very pointless thread for most, and even if it isn't that dark obviously nobody agrees with me so devs could you possibly delete this please?
    (1)

Character
    Rosalee
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Dude, Gungnir's skin is unique technically. Apoc/Annihilator/Spharai/ were originally the "Rune Scythe, Rune Gun, Rune Cesti" models they they just made into relics. Compare the markings on the weapon and their gold color to the other Rune weapons. Be glad Gungnir is a unique model and not just a Rune Trident renamed into Gungnir.
    Since when was Anni gold? Pretty sure you're thinking Coffinmaker.
    (0)
    Current Quest Counter: 2109!

Character
    Kysaiana
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    The 3rd "Rune" looking relic is Mandau not Annihilator.
    (0)

Character
    Infidi
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    If you're on PC you could .dat swap for a different model if someone has made one. To tide you over anyway lol.
    (1)

Character
    Kyqrieas
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Play on xbox now cause i only have a macbook lol, can play on this but too annoying to play on a laptop so prefer xbox. It's not too bad now that I've adjusted the gamma settings anyway, looks a lot better. Still a little bit like I explained and I guess it could be better but then so could everything lol so bit of a pointless thread really! Sorry guys!!
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast