Character
    Lynsara
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

SoA release trailer...

Just watched the new trailer for SoA

After seeing the trialers and promos for ffxiv, mists of pandaria, gw2, etc you would think SE would put a little more into it. It was quite a let down imo. Didnt cause any thrills or chills or induce any excitement whatsoever for SoA. With the ARR beta running at the same time as the SoA release you would think they would make you want to play ffxi again but frankly they have been more inviting to ARR and with as little as they have done with that so far, that is saying something.

You would think SE marketing dept would put a little more omph into the promo for a brand new expansion. Gimme something that looks like I would want to play and no just oh look a new map...yawn. This really is a back-burner sort of thing for me at this point and this site and trailer keeps it there.

Come on SE, some smart marketing would be nice. Maybe a cs or cinematic. At least soemthing more than seeing a couple trees and gates.
    (2)

I thought it was a nice trailer and I'm looking forward to it. New maps to explore is what I'm looking forward to the most in Adoulin.
    (5)

Character
    Carth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    It's a 10 year old game in a world that's fairly static at all time. I was not looking forward to anything dynamic.

That in mind, I liked the trailer. Helluva lot better than the Vanafest trailer where there was literally nothing.
    (6)

Character
    Ryce
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    They do tend to show off a bit too much in the "empty street, open plain" department. It's almost as if their selling point is lots of open space for bazaaring in!

I'm still pretty stoked for the expansion.
    (1)

Character
    Lynsara
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    still I couldda done that on my laptop.

Its a large company coming out with an entire new, supposedly massive expansion. They could have put a little more effort into it and maybe drum up some excitement.

In this day and age, a lil trailer like that, which btw would garner me an F in any of my media classes, just does not cut it
    (1)
    Last edited by Elphy; 12-28-2012 at 05:47 AM.

Character
    Krash
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Seeing how outdated Final Fantasy 11 really is, We feel they did pretty well on the Trailer. On a pricing PoV though, We feel that Final Fantasy 11 is not in anyway on par with the newer games and should have been priced around $9.99~$19.99.

We picked up another copy of Skyrim $29.99 and both add-ons for $16.49 which came out last year. We'll be waiting for the FINAL FANTASY® XI Ultimate Ultimate Ultimate OMG!! Collection Edition for $9.99 three months after the release of SoA, we remember what happened last time.
    (0)

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I dont know what all people have, the trailer was nice and fine. I am still very excited for seekers of Adoulin
    (3)

It was a very old school trailer for a very old school game.

The main concern I suppose would be that it wouldn't attract new players, as it wasn't very flash.
    (0)

Character
    Lynsara
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Well I'm sure it will come to a great relief to the SE marketing, and expansion depts, that everyones expectations are set at this lvl

All I want is a little enthusiasm from SE if they really want me to spend $30-$40 on it, not a slapped together little video that maybe took an intern 10 minutes.

Come on SE, show us you at least give a good golly gosh darn
    (1)

Player
    You know what this trailer is lacking? Final Fantasy tropes. None of the new mobs are particularly memorable from past titles (unlike ToAU which was built off such mobs). There's no sign of any avatars anywhere (and at this point there shouldn't really be any new avatars anyway). No particularly interesting landmarks. Even the new jobs aren't particularly well displayed in the trailer (though I don't care to see them in trailers since SCH looked good in trailers but was utter trash, release them on the test server instead). "XI is getting actual new zones" is pretty much the peak of excitement for this trailer.

Seriously, from a design aspect it's no different from any of the trailers, go back and watch them. The only thing this trailer is really lacking is any connection to the rest of the franchise. RotZ had all the basic avatars, the Crystal Warriors and even drop Gilgamesh in there (though that didn't end well). CoP had a strong connection to RotZ, Diabolos and Brohamut. ToAU had no real connection to anything, but plenty of classic Final Fantasy monster and Odin right at the end. WotG had a strong connection to XIs lore, plenty of classic mobs (Sandworm anyone?) and Atomos and Cait Sith. In comparison SoA has... Nothing...

Not saying that's bad, just makes it hard to get excited over.
    (7)
    Last edited by Sotek; 12-28-2012 at 08:18 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast