Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Calysto View Post
    -3 "yet to be announced" options on the site(random event/stuff/endgame event ?) not in trailer but on new site
    The site is far better than the trailer, quite impressive actually (certainly compared to ARRs). I'd imagine the three other options will be something like;

-The new guilds.
    -The personal islands thing they mentioned at the Vanafest.
    -This expansions Campaign aspect (clearing the land, building camps and generally exploring).

I imagine almost everything currently on there will get updated at some point too, and they could also have another page hidden on the home page, like the not-so-varied personages page.
    (1)

Character
    Krash
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I'm guessing they're not showing us the new mounts! >.> ??????? ??????? ???????
    (0)

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    -new missions/quests characters(but still no mithra heroine, come on SE, why always hume/elvaan girls ?)
    Definitely this. Only the WotG Windurst Nation Quests provided us with a Mithra-centric story, and it wasn't the main story arc. Zilart had none, CoP had a few secondary mithra (Sin Hunters) and ToAU only had Naja in a supporting role.
    (1)
    Last edited by Teraniku; 12-30-2012 at 06:12 AM.

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Hmm looking at the website, I'm wondering if I can join one of the 11 knightly orders...
    (0)

Character
    Zerius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    If the story/CSs are as good as the one's in WotG then I really couldn't care less about the trailer. At least the trailer was in the game and not just some extra long, extra cut CS like most of FFXIV: ARR's trailers. They're playing the mystique card where the less we know the more anxious we're going to get because once they tell us, very little is left to the imagination.
    (0)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Xerius View Post
    If the story/CSs are as good as the one's in WotG then I really couldn't care less about the trailer. At least the trailer was in the game and not just some extra long, extra cut CS like most of FFXIV: ARR's trailers. They're playing the mystique card where the less we know the more anxious we're going to get because once they tell us, very little is left to the imagination.

I think you're giving them too much credit. If they had something awe-inspiring to show us I have no doubt that they would. While mystery can certainly be a selling point, flash and substance do a much better job. They're showing us a waypoint, spinning, a tree falling in the water, common mobs walking around, a handful of NPCs in an otherwise barren looking city, a gate opening in a dungeon, flaming rocks falling from the sky, and cutscene NPCs posing.

Where are shots of the new jobs in action? Where are PCs decked out in weapons and armor we've never seen before? Where are the shots of sinister villains and screen-filling, god-like monsters blowing shit up? We need some wow factor and we need it now. Otherwise, I'm going to keep on assuming they don't have anything to show and this expansion is going to be extraordinarily incomplete at launch (even more than past ones), because they really don't have much time left. It's the end of December, the pack comes out in March, and they have a skeleton crew working on this game. Something don't add up.
    (2)

Character
    Zerius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    Where are shots of the new jobs in action? Where are PCs decked out in weapons and armor we've never seen before? Where are the shots of sinister villains and screen-filling, god-like monsters blowing shit up?
    You should go look at ToAU or WotG's trailers because they follow a format that is pretty much identical to this trailer and those expansion packs added a ton to the game.
    (0)

Player
    You should go look at ToAU or WotG's trailers because they follow a format that is pretty much identical to this trailer and those expansion packs added a ton to the game.
    It didn't exactly follow the format. Every expansion trailer to my knowledge has show new jobs/gear meleeing/JA/SCing new mobs (which again, may show off new moves), which certainly would have livened up this trailer. Most of them actually have better camera work too, 50% of this trailer was green/nothing with the majority of what was in-game shots effectively being not-so-static screenshots which they pan up/down/whatever on. Granted all the trailers pretty much did that but they at least did it on large variety of zones. SoA has a limestone cave and volcanic cave according to the site, that would have been nice to break up the monotony of "Jungle, Jungle, Jungle Beech, Jungle, San d'Oria, Jungle Swamp, etc". No Sky/Sea/Nyzul/WoE level zones in this trailer.

Still, the really reason this trailer was boring was because we knew everything in it, and more, since the Vanafest. Anything new in the trailer is explained on the site. Pink haired elvaan is pretty much the only mystery in that trailer and he'll be added to the site in time anyway, not that "Oh look, one of the main NPCs" is much to care about. There's no "Was that Odin?!" or "Cait Sith and Atomos!?" in this trailer, even the stupid gold thing they showed at the end is on the damn site, there is no mystery here other than "Why didn't they show X?".

Honestly, the more I look at this expansion the more it just feels like a downgrade from RotZ. It's Kazham the expansion, but with elves instead of cats (so a major downgrade). Even the core mechanic of this expansion is taken directly from RotZ - replace trading an Ice Cluster to flame spouts with whatever the hell you're doing to roots in this. Really hope they have some more zones lined up for this (more than what we dat mined that is), as excited as I was for these zones originally, they all just seem so... Generic now? Nothing really stands out in any of them, even a giant tree is somehow unimpressive and that's pretty much the most interesting landmark in it (other than that awful boat which they should feel bad about and remove). Hope that palace-like zone is an actual zone and not a repeat of ToAU, also massively confused as to why Rala Waterways is a thing when apparently the city has a massive library, if they don't also add a library dungeon they've really dropped the ball on this expansion.
    (3)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Yeah, I just started playing yesterday so I never saw any of SE's trailers before now... On a more serious note, let's say you're right and this is exactly what they've done in the past. Don't you think they should be a little more aggressive now considering the state the game is in compared to when prior expansions were released? They desperately need to draw old players back in and lure new ones to the table. That video is not good advertising at this stage. Maybe back when SoA was still a year off it would have made a nice teaser vid. It's too late for teasers. We need flash and substance.
    (1)

true that the trailer is kinda empty.
    still :
    -new maps (with all kind of annoying doors it seems >.>) are nice
    -new mobs(also, normal mantis) makes my blu happy
    -new missions/quests characters(but still no mithra heroine, come on SE, why always hume/elvaan girls ?)
    -3 "yet to be announced" options on the site(random event/stuff/endgame event ?) not in trailer but on new site

so while the trailler was not really "exciting" it gave us small infos on what's to come.
    nothing on new jobs would be the only really disapointing thing.
    I like that there's no Mithra Heroines, can take the storyline much more seriously lol.
    (0)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast