Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Player
    I can't believe no one said anything about the awesome music. It reminded me of something you'd hear at Disneyland. I'm gona assume it will be the music in the actual city. Can't wait to hear more.
    (1)

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    In the trailer we also got to see what look like the main 3 npc's in the story. (The Tarutaru Scholar, The reserved Hume* girl, and the Flamboyant red Headed Elvaan guy) If it follows ToAU or WotG at least one of them will have one of the new jobs as their job. (reference Aphmau as Puppetmaster in ToAU and Lillisette as Dancer in WotG)

*Just rechecked the trailer the girl is a Hume.
    (0)
    Last edited by Teraniku; 12-29-2012 at 01:38 AM.

Character
    Pyunguwahagu
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 13
    Just looking at the screenshots of the new city is enough to get me excited for the game.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Elphy View Post
    still I couldda done that on my laptop.

Its a large company coming out with an entire new, supposedly massive expansion. They could have put a little more effort into it and maybe drum up some excitement.

In this day and age, a lil trailer like that, which btw would garner me an F in any of my media classes, just does not cut it
    Let's see what you can do then, make us a new expansion and promote it with a trailer using your laptop. I'll be waiting to be overwhelmed.

Someone else keep a wahmbulance on call because I think the OP will need it.
    (6)

Character
    Lynsara
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sotek View Post
    Seriously, from a design aspect it's no different from any of the trailers, go back and watch them.
    And there in lies the problem. They dont need to call back old ffxi, they killed that off a couple years ago. And these types of trialers may have been fine in the early 2k market but its nearly 2013 and this kind of stuff does not cut it anymore. Im not saying we should get something as grand as "And of an Era", that was epic. But we should get at least something to make us and new players excited. It really shows either a lack of caring of the dev teams part or a complete lack of skill on the marketing teams part.

They keep telling us they care about this game and they want it to live but when I see something like this I am inclined to believe the new expansion will be slapped together as well. I'm sensing a "Shut up and take my money" moment coming up.

Personally I do not think I will buy it until the price drops or they give me something that makes me want to and by that time some of us will be in Eorzea, beta testing ESO or elsewhere. We always wanted new/good content. But this really isnt going to catch anyones eye or make anyone think OOOO I need to reopen my account right now!

Quote Originally Posted by JouriStarz View Post
    I can't believe no one said anything about the awesome music. It reminded me of something you'd hear at Disneyland. I'm gona assume it will be the music in the actual city. Can't wait to hear more.
    That right there is a problem in and of itself. No FF title should remind you of Disneyland. Hence why I boycot that silly little keyblade game. Mickey Mouse should never mix with any of our heroes, storylines or worlds. It takes that which is epic and makes it cheesy.
    (2)

Character
    Lynsara
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Phogg View Post
    Let's see what you can do then, make us a new expansion and promote it with a trailer using your laptop. I'll be waiting to be overwhelmed.

Someone else keep a wahmbulance on call because I think the OP will need it.
    LoL if you had ever taken any classes that deal with anything like this, you would be shocked at how poorly this is done. I could do something better on my laptop and if SE wants to supply us with any good imagery or once I bother to spend the money on the expansion, I will

There are plenty of examples on youtube of ppl who have taken in-game video they have recorded and make better vids from them.
    (3)

Character
    Fusionx
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Just watched the new trailer for SoA

After seeing the trialers and promos for ffxiv, mists of pandaria, gw2, etc you would think SE would put a little more into it. It was quite a let down imo. Didnt cause any thrills or chills or induce any excitement whatsoever for SoA. With the ARR beta running at the same time as the SoA release you would think they would make you want to play ffxi again but frankly they have been more inviting to ARR and with as little as they have done with that so far, that is saying something.

You would think SE marketing dept would put a little more omph into the promo for a brand new expansion. Gimme something that looks like I would want to play and no just oh look a new map...yawn. This really is a back-burner sort of thing for me at this point and this site and trailer keeps it there.

Come on SE, some smart marketing would be nice. Maybe a cs or cinematic. At least soemthing more than seeing a couple trees and gates.
    Firstly, I sincerely doubt that SE is trying to market at brand new players with this trailer. While yes, I'm sure there are new players coming in here and there, the majority of the people playing this game now are people that have been playing this time for some time. It doesn't have to make your jaw drop. It introduces you to the story so you get an idea of what the idea is behind the expansion and that's it. If you plan on continuing to play the game, you're going to buy the expansion, if you don't, then you're no longer running around with the cool kids.

Secondly, a cinematic? This isn't WOW where they come out with a new one for each expansion. This is FFXI, they've only ever done the intro as a cinematic and that's how it's going to remain.
    (1)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by JouriStarz View Post
    Sounds like login screen music to me.

As for the video, it is pretty underwhelming IMO. They're either holding their cards close to their vests, or they really don't have much to show at this point.
    (6)

Player
    That right there is a problem in and of itself. No FF title should remind you of Disneyland. Hence why I boycot that silly little keyblade game. Mickey Mouse should never mix with any of our heroes, storylines or worlds. It takes that which is epic and makes it cheesy.
    Sorry, but Kingdom Hearts is an epic kickass game which had very little to do with Disney at all other than your characters occasionally meet up with a Disney character, or visit one of their worlds. The overall story of that game was very similar to something you see in Final Fantasy games, as well as many Final Fantasy characters themselves. Writing it off because it has Disney characters is a fools choice.

In either case, now that I have said that, I will agree that I do not think the music should remind me of Disney, one of the best things I love about Final Fantasy is the music, which is why I have the sound track for every one I have played, except XII. When I hear the music, I want to think Final Fantasy, not Mickey Mouse.
    (0)

Player
    true that the trailer is kinda empty.
    still :
    -new maps (with all kind of annoying doors it seems >.>) are nice
    -new mobs(also, normal mantis) makes my blu happy
    -new missions/quests characters(but still no mithra heroine, come on SE, why always hume/elvaan girls ?)
    -3 "yet to be announced" options on the site(random event/stuff/endgame event ?) not in trailer but on new site

so while the trailler was not really "exciting" it gave us small infos on what's to come.
    nothing on new jobs would be the only really disapointing thing.
    (2)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast