Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Spiritreaver
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sotek View Post
    That $29.99 price tag has me.... Intrigued....

Hopefully they start releasing more information now (not just teaser text on the main site please), it's going to take a lot to undo basically every expansion release in XIs history to justify that price tag.

Hopefully this plays out like WotG done properly. Most of the zones should have been there from launch along with Walk of Echoes. Lock the beastmen strongholds and both northenland zones, after we control the zone leading to the strongholds we can access them (which would at best take a week given Campaigns mechanics, more since we'd be completely ignorant of them), after we control all the strongholds we can enter Beaucedine Glacier, after we control that, Xarcabard and thus Walk of Echoes, which was the perfect launch event since they could (and did) add to it for several updates. Then they could keep updating Campaign with new mechanics/mobs/Ops, introduce ANNM/Pixie weapons/SCNMs and so on.

SoA needs to do something like that imo, the fact that you need to clear the land of boulders/roots/etc to access areas would work incredibly well with such a concept. Story missions just need to copy CoPs framework, I seem to remember them saying at the vanafest that they know what went wrong with WotG in that regard, so I'm a bit more hopeful there. Jobs, well... Hopefully they demo them on the test server soon rather than posting some worthless teaser text and a trailer akin to Cait Siths, I expect SCH level worthlessness from them for now.

Cynicism aside, I see the words "Big Bridge" on that site...
    shutupandtakemymoney.jpg
    Just wondering, why would SE need to justify a $29.99 price tag? I mean its the same price i've paid for every other expansion(RotZ not withstanding as it came with the base game at NA PS2 release), not to forget its about the same combined price for both sets of add-ons(the storyline add-ons and the Abyssea add-ons).

So aside from age of the game, has something changed that would make ~30 bucks too high a price?
    (1)

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiritreaver View Post
    Just wondering, why would SE need to justify a $29.99 price tag? I mean its the same price i've paid for every other expansion(RotZ not withstanding as it came with the base game at NA PS2 release), not to forget its about the same combined price for both sets of add-ons(the storyline add-ons and the Abyssea add-ons).

So aside from age of the game, has something changed that would make ~30 bucks too high a price?
    My thing is this, While the PC expansion itself, is Digital Download, Will the Seekers Edition Complete game be on Disc?
    (0)

Player
    Just wondering, why would SE need to justify a $29.99 price tag?
    The game and all expansions for it are only $10, its stupid for a game+10 expansions/addons to cost 1 3rd of the price as a brand new expansion, which is likely to be small by comparison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teraniku View Post
    My thing is this, While the PC expansion itself, is Digital Download, Will the Seekers Edition Complete game be on Disc?
    From what I read, its $30 for the Expansion, 40 for the entire game+expansion.
    (0)

Player

Maybe my memory is just fuzzy but I remember ToAU/WotG being closer to $20. That aside, after WotG I just do not have confidence in their expansion releases - even before this update I did not feel the expansion would be worth whatever cost they put on it if they did indeed just repeat WotG. Cost actually has little to do with it I think, if it ends up anything like WotG I doubt I'd get it if it was free, not for a few months at least.

Their last expansion is something that is almost not even worth reinstalling, it's hard to look forward from that with any confidence.
    (0)

Character
    Infidi
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I paid 60 USD for WotG expansion for 360 when it first came out. XD.
    (0)

Character
    Spiritreaver
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sotek View Post
    Maybe my memory is just fuzzy but I remember ToAU/WotG being closer to $20. That aside, after WotG I just do not have confidence in their expansion releases - even before this update I did not feel the expansion would be worth whatever cost they put on it if they did indeed just repeat WotG. Cost actually has little to do with it I think, if it ends up anything like WotG I doubt I'd get it if it was free, not for a few months at least.

Their last expansion is something that is almost not even worth reinstalling, it's hard to look forward from that with any confidence.
    Oh i agree about how WotG was implemented. Came out in '07 and SE never actually finished it until like 2010-ish. Took way too long and the way it was artificially dragged out was really a strain to following the story, for me at least.

As to the pricing, and this is at the other fella too, buying them new as they came out was of course more expensive than buying a bundle years later. However i have all the actual disks for PS2 and PC(yeah i'm one of those guys that had instances of the game all over my home), and i remember griping about having to shell out $30 a pop times 2 every time an expansion hit.

So thinking about it now, i guess i can see where ppl used to having bundles to buy might balk at paying $30 for a single expansion this time around.
    (1)

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    yes i recall paying 30-40 for expansions. the collections didnt really hit much til after at least the first addons were made like acp. if you got the game and all the current expansions for 10 dollars you prolly got it when it was on sale as i think it usually runs 19 dollars standard.

I think lately alot of things they have developed have required various expansions. even things that werent necessarily wotg content required that expansion. like meebles i think does. vw now requires aht urgan and zilart and cop to finish it all. so giving the collection is good to make sure everyone has access to it anyway. plus surely they will add a cool item that only this new collection buyers can get even tho alot of us older players (who cant get said cool item) have gotten all the same expansions and paid more than they did.

I think everquest has like 20ish expansions and a few years back i had bought a collection for like 15 dollars that had every expansion and the main game. i like this technique over WoW's technique of taking forever to drop the price of their game and addons.

I just hope we can pre purchase this expansion (i think a couple abyssea addons let u buy them early) so all we have to worry bout is downloading (i think they usually have a pre release update of somesort for expansions) on the day it goes live.
    (0)

Character
    Balade
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 68
    it cost 30 bucks?
    whew
    (0)

Character
    Fusionx
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    So NA only gets PC on digital download? What happened to SE repeatedly going "this is a boxed expansion!" Where the heck is our BOX?

Meanwhile, Japan gets a boxed Vana'diel Collection with bonuses that have yet to be announced for players outside of Japan...can't say I'm surprised. Insert speech about how Japan always gets the cool stuff here.

http://store.jp.square-enix.com/deta...icial_ff11_vc4
    (3)
    Last edited by Fusionx; 12-28-2012 at 01:03 AM.

Character
    Spiritreaver
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusionx View Post
    So NA only gets PC on digital download? What happened to SE repeatedly going "this is a boxed expansion!" Where the heck is our BOX?

Meanwhile, Japan gets a boxed Vana'diel Collection with bonuses that have yet to be announced for players outside of Japan...can't say I'm surprised. Insert speech about how Japan always gets the cool stuff here.

http://store.jp.square-enix.com/deta...icial_ff11_vc4
    As long as digital downloads of the Vana'diel Collection get access to any ingame special items, i couldn't care less about a box.
    (0)

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast