Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Character
    Rustic
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    As an avid alchemist who finds his craft more profitable and more useful than it used to be, my only input is this: viable skill up paths to 110 for ALL crafts. The items higher than 100 in alchemy require ingredients that are super expensive if they're available at all. I don't mind losing a little money in a crafting stretch, but I can't spend millions of gil and months of time for a single level. That's just absurd. The crafting cap was raised almost a year ago, and levelling up past 100 is still prohibitively difficult? That's a major league oversight.
    Leveling up to 100 was generally a supreme pain in the rear pre-110 increase. That it's as it is now for 100-110 doesn't surprise me in the least.

If they jump it to 120 for Adoulin, I expect we'll see 100-110 become easier and 111-120 be equally arduous.
    (0)
    Old-time player, new-time character- Ragnarok server.

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Crafted items and medicines don't generally add as decent buffs as they did at 75 cap, whereas certain NM drops do, such as the Oynos Knife's Haste.

This could be remedied to make consumables whether they're items with charges or usable items more useful. Some ideas:

Alchemy
    • Haste Paste
      Haste isn't hard to get these days, and players can even buy this buff for tabs. So why not let rich players be able to solo slightly better? Fairly expensive. 15% Haste, 3~5 minutes, stackable.
    • BarELEMENT Ointment
      Barfire Ointment, Barblizzard Ointment, Baraero Ointment, Barstone Ointment, Barthunder Ointment, Barwater Ointment. Gives up to whatever the item does in Ballista or 70 elemental resist, whichever is less or level appropriate.
    • Blink Powder
      Stacks to 12. Long use time. Gives two blink shadows.
    • Stoneskin Dust
      Stacks to 12. Long use time. Gives 1/4 of the players health or 350 HP Stoneskin, whichever is lower.

Bonecraft
    • Scapegoat
      Double duration on Scapegoat to match Reraise drinks and items, or make it stackable.
    • Snake-Eyed Hunter Die
      A defective Ranger Die that always roles a 1.
      Hunter's Roll (Accuracy +10) for 3 minutes. Does not give job bonus. Can be overwritten by a Corsair. Lengthy cool down.
    • Snake-Eyed Chaos Die
      A defective Dark Knight Die that always roles a 1.
      Chaos Role (6.3% Attack) for 3 minutes. Does not give job bonus. Can be overwritten by a Corsair. Lengthy cool down.

Clothcraft
    • Erase Lace
      Neck piece with charges of Erase. Self-target only. Fairly lengthy first-use cooldown.
    • Utsusemi Band
      A Blink Band, but with Utsusemi shadows instead of Blink Shadows. Provides 4 shadows.
    • Gauze Pad
      A gauze pad for removing bleeding wounds. Removes some forms of DoT damage from the user. Takes a few seconds to use. Stackable.
    • Silencing Pads
      Silencing pads for shoes in a party size pack. Sneaks the user's party. Stackable.
    • Ear Plugs
      Ear plugs developed by the Tarutaru to silence the overplayed pop compositions of the Yagudo in Giddeus. Removes a negative song effect from the user. Stackable.

Cooking
    • Smelling Salts
      Removes status ailments from pet.
    • Mage Food
      Food that actually buffs mages outside of just giving them defense (not that also giving defense wouldn't be nice too).

Goldsmithing
    • March Earring
      Gives Advancing March (6.3% Haste). Charges last 3~5 minutes depending on balance. Can be overwritten by a Bard. Buff remains if earring is removed.
    • Madrigal Earring
      Gives Sword Madrigal (+15 ACC). Charges last 3~5 minutes depending on balance. Can be overwritten by a Bard. Buff remains if earring is removed.
    • Paeon Earring
      Gives Army's Paeon VI (7HP/tic). Charges last 3~5 minutes depending on balance. Can be overwritten by a Bard. Buff remains if earring is removed.

Leathercraft
    • Hobby Chocobo
      It looks so real, you cannot help but feel yourself going faster!
      Grants Quickening (12.5~25%). Stackable.

Smithing
    • Adhesive Spikes
      Gives a random Spike Spell effect. Stackable. Potency based on INT.

Woodworking
    • Wand Toothpick
      A toothpick made from the remnants of an old wand.
      Food effect. Increases Magic Attack Bonus, for example, Magic Attack Bonus +floor(Elemental Magic skill / 10).
    (1)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustic View Post
    You know what I'd like to see craftable?

Bandoliers. Like the Bandolier in Gustaberg that drops in the caskets- they'd have X charges and spit out a stack of 99 bullets every Y number of hours when used, as a belt with appropriate +RACC/+RATK/AGI bonuses as the bandolier got higher in quality.
    Adjust the dispense time of the Bronze Bandolier found in the Gustaberg chest down from 24 hours to 1 hour, since it has limited charges.

Make Bandoliers with 8 bullet pouches each that have bonuses to ranged attack and accuracy as long as the bandolier has bullets left in it. They should take some item resembling a belt and seven bullet pouches to craft. Easy recipe to implement. Could either be Leathercraft, Smithing, Goldsmithing, Clothcraft, or even Synergy.
    (1)

Character
    Esmrambo
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    What about skillups. It is so frustrating to farm supplies and do 12 synths and get no skillups at all. I am lv 65 leathercrafter making coeurl leather (cap 71) and get about 5% skillup rate. Considering that the highest drop rate is 17% on the hides means ~6 hours of farming for each level and having to find something to do with 50 stacks of coeurl leather.
    (0)

Character
    Rustic
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    Adjust the dispense time of the Bronze Bandolier found in the Gustaberg chest down from 24 hours to 1 hour, since it has limited charges.

Make Bandoliers with 8 bullet pouches each that have bonuses to ranged attack and accuracy as long as the bandolier has bullets left in it. They should take some item resembling a belt and seven bullet pouches to craft. Easy recipe to implement. Could either be Leathercraft, Smithing, Goldsmithing, Clothcraft, or even Synergy.
    Or all of the above and then some. You could also use them for those absolutely-never-used "grenade" throwing weapons as well. Say, six of them + (crafted recipe) = pouch (use: dispense grenade). Seven pouches + bandolier = bandolier that goes into the ranged slot and fires off it's "ammo" charges with each throwing attack until it's expended, at which point it's latent (must have at least one shot remaining) stat bonuses shut down. Naturally, it'd be +RACC/+RATK/+AGI stuff.

Leave bullet bandoliers as waist items with similar latents (must have at least a "charge" remaining loaded in the belt and you're looking at some really nice stuff to work with.
    (1)

Character
    Rustic
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by esmrambo View Post
    What about skillups. It is so frustrating to farm supplies and do 12 synths and get no skillups at all. I am lv 65 leathercrafter making coeurl leather (cap 71) and get about 5% skillup rate. Considering that the highest drop rate is 17% on the hides means ~6 hours of farming for each level and having to find something to do with 50 stacks of coeurl leather.
    If you're going to be trying to do an incredibly difficult synth at a level where skill gains drop off so badly, may I suggest that you do a -little- more research on "what to do with 50 stacks of coeurl leather" if they're REALLY burning that hole in your inventory?

Coeurl Cesti are cap 72 and vendor for a respectable 2K or so each. Enjoy. And just wait till you hit the 90ish range and start treating a 0.1 skillup like you won the lottery...
    (2)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    What about skillups. It is so frustrating to farm supplies and do 12 synths and get no skillups at all. I am lv 65 leathercrafter making coeurl leather (cap 71) and get about 5% skillup rate.
    Skill up food does wonders, and I've heard the Shaper's Shawl gives a 25% boost to skillups, although good luck getting one.

Considering that the highest drop rate is 17% on the hides means ~6 hours of farming for each level and having to find something to do with 50 stacks of coeurl leather.
    Drop rates are a little bit higher according to FFXIDB. Still, someone else would be able to farm the hides for you if only they could stack, but since they can't, the AH isn't exactly a stable option for selling such a large quantity. So really, if I could change anything to improve crafter's situations, it would be this.

Crafting is a bit of an investment, so sometimes you end up with junk you can't use. That said, I dunno about your server, but Coeurl Leather sells for about 40k a stack at a reasonable speed on mine (Bonecrafters need it for a pair of sets). You could also hold onto it for crafting the Coeurl Jerkin Set, which while it isn't useful, is later crafted into other pieces, such as the Ogre Jerkin Set, or to make a Dusk Mask. Still, it would be nice to see stuff that isn't this useful have more high level usage, such as being able to make some sort of consumable item out of Coeurl Leather since the gear it used to make is mostly obsolete.
    (0)

Character
    Sargent
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    As an avid alchemist who finds his craft more profitable and more useful than it used to be, my only input is this: viable skill up paths to 110 for ALL crafts. The items higher than 100 in alchemy require ingredients that are super expensive if they're available at all. I don't mind losing a little money in a crafting stretch, but I can't spend millions of gil and months of time for a single level. That's just absurd. The crafting cap was raised almost a year ago, and levelling up past 100 is still prohibitively difficult? That's a major league oversight.
    Completely agree, 1m+ per synth to skill up on past 104 is obsurd, especially when you make a loss on every NQ. Just add some medicine into 100+ recepies.
    (1)
    SMN99/SAM99/DNC99/PLD99/THF99
    Summoning magic skill: 545
    Hvergelmir 90

Character
    Godofgods
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    And just wait till you hit the 90ish range and start treating a 0.1 skillup like you won the lottery...
    oh.. so ture...
    (0)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Leveling up to 100 was generally a supreme pain in the rear pre-110 increase. That it's as it is now for 100-110 doesn't surprise me in the least.
    I remember that, but 90-100 never had anything on 100-110. For the last few levels of alchemy, back in 2006, I remember going to Zvahl to farm ahriman wings for pro-ethers. It was slow, and it cost me some gil, but I made it eventually. These days it's just.... ugh. Someone suggested I try Malison Medallions. I checked the AH just to try to do one synth to make a Malison for my personal use. I couldn't find all the ingredients. Yet I'd have to do DOZENS to skill up. Why did they even raise the crafting cap if you can't reach the cap? It's like if they'd raised the XP level cap from 75 to 99 in one update, but never introduced Abyssea or Grounds of Valor, or any new mobs at all, and you eventually had to settle for 18 XP per shot on EP mobs.
    (1)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast