Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Toadie
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I was thinking just one item to do all that but you know, I can see myself using the keg item for my party. I can already hear the snickers ripple through my family over a party effect keg item - well unless they called it a barrel.

Maybe I was to greedy in my wish. ^^; One item to do all of that would end up in the epic food line, wouldn't it? So I would settle for a drink that gave both regen and refresh and if it could effect the entire party I would be very happy.
    (0)
    Each person is an individual being, capable of independent thought and unique emotion, deserving respect, dignity, and compassion in all things, at all times, and in all places.

To do anything else denies the self of its humanity.

Character
    Rustic
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    Abjuration gear tends to highly favor getting the HQ gear the first time, since you don't know when you'll see the abjuration again if it is truly rare.

If crafters want the NQ of these to sell, such as the products they get when leveling, they'll beg SE to allow an NQ piece of uncursed armor be allowed to be upgraded via a Synergy recipe and the HQ variant of cursed armor, which would allow players to buy the NQ now and upgrade to the HQ later when they have the funds, or in many players cases, lie to ourselves that we'll someday be able to afford the HQ while not feeling bad about wasting the abjuration on a crappy version of what we really want.
    You want to improve the "use" of NQ cursed pieces- do things like give them the option to be traded in for a solid chunk of guild points, regardless of what the normal item is. If your HQ's are being bought and your NQ's are being either traded in at a good clip towards 150K/200K guild items or even for a stack of HQ signing crystals...well, then there's that much more of a useful market for them. Upping their odds of successful desynthesis would help as well- if you could salvage something expensive with some reliability, people would be cracking their hexed jackets hoping for a Penelope's Cloth or the like. Say, 10K GP per, once per day, minimum Veteran skill to turn in?
    (0)
    Old-time player, new-time character- Ragnarok server.

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I've only browzed the thread mostly, but I like the ideas the OP is coming up with. More useful high-end crafts are welcome.

I don't think lowering the requirement/difficulty to 110 is a good idea. If it was easy to reach 110 then crafting would soon be pointless (profit-wise) because the market will be flooded with crafters that can T1 hexed-1 armor, which defeats the whole purpose.

Making NQ hexed augmentable would greatly reduce the value of HQing your hexed gear, once again making high level crafting pretty pointless.
    (0)

Character
    Godofgods
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Having just did a round of sleep and bloody bolts one by one, ill definitely say that i would love to see Boltmaker adjusted.

Combining bolt/arrow synths should be the best KI a woodworker can get. Yet due to the forced no hq, it is the most irrelevant KI around for woodworking. Its really a shame...
    (2)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Some crafts have really easy roads to 110, some have brutal roads that are entirely dependent on HQing in order to not hemorrhage gil.

It's really hard to say if they should be made easier or not. Another thing that comes to mind is the pop from 100-110 in levels, you go from 75 to 99 without a large gap. Additionally, there isn't much craftable gear anymore that can be worn for a good twenty or more levels that has a big impact like the Noble's Tunic was to a 75 White Mage for example.

If someone walked in without a sense of history on the game, they'd be able to tell very easily from crafting alone that there was a level cap at 75 due to the huge pop that crafting has, and this isn't exactly nice looking design. Since it is hard to say what a good solution would be, or if it even needed a good solution, without a lot of discussion and thought, I'll hold off for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    Making NQ hexed augmentable would greatly reduce the value of HQing your hexed gear, once again making high level crafting pretty pointless.
    Do you just mean being augmentable with those honor items? Did someone suggest this? I'm not quite sure I'm following.

I still will reiterate my hopes of seeing an uncursed/unhexed piece of Abjuration gear be allowed to be upgraded to the +1 with the HQ piece using a Synergy recipe in order to allow players to buy the NQ now, upgrade later, without wasting rarer abjurations.
    (0)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Do you just mean being augmentable with those honor items? Did someone suggest this? I'm not quite sure I'm following.
    Yeah. A couple people (I'm not sure if I saw that in this thread but I've seen people say it before) suggest that NQ Hexed be able to get weaker augments from Honor similar to how old world NQ Abj can get weaker augments, but in practice this actually makes a lot of the HQ hexed lose a lot of their appeal. It will certainly make NQ Hexed move off the AH and earn you back the loss of materials, but you'll lose out on the big $$$ when you manage to -1 a piece, so it's down to what people want it to be like.

Personally, I think the idea of hexed-1 being way better than hexed is a good idea, but the implementation was bad in the sense that the NQ hexed is almost all bad. I think the only one that's remotely good is the Auspex Gages.

I still will reiterate my hopes of seeing an uncursed/unhexed piece of Abjuration gear be allowed to be upgraded to the +1 with the HQ piece using a Synergy recipe in order to allow players to buy the NQ now, upgrade later, without wasting rarer abjurations.
    The only way this would work, I imagine, is if you made the synergy recipe use the corresponding hexed-1 gear, EX:

Tenryu Tekko + Hexed Tekko -1 = Tenryu Tekko +1

I guess this is what you suggested earlier. I wouldn't mind it.
    (0)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Personally, I think the idea of hexed-1 being way better than hexed is a good idea, but the implementation was bad in the sense that the NQ hexed is almost all bad.
    It doesn't help that abjurations are really hard to get if your not in a Legion group.

NQ Hexed is not only bad, but you waste an abjuration on it. Why waste an abjuration on garbage? I don't even understand how there is a market for NQ Hexed gear at all currently.

I guess this is what you suggested earlier. I wouldn't mind it.
    This is correct. The idea is that players shouldn't be punished for buying NQ Hexed gear, especially if they're a semi-casual player who will pretty much only ever get the Abjuration once. This way, you'll at least have the hope of someday getting to be able to upgrade it, but still be able to buy the garbage NQ Hexed gear without wasting your valuable abjuration, only a couple million gil that skilling crafters will need to recoup crafts.
    (0)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    You should make it so batteries, wind fans, and hydro pumps can be used with any weapon to elicit their effects.
    These items don't actually possess any effects; it just enables the special weapons to elicit their effects when consumed. In other words, from a system perspective, just equipping these items cannot bring out an added effect. With that said, we will look into some different kind of way to do this for existing weapons.
    Perhaps we could see some new weapons and armor that utilizes these items? Charged Ammunition like Fans, Batteries, and Pumps haven't seen much usage in ages, and it would be nice to see some more usage then just a handful of low level weapons that nobody uses.

Something that comes to mind is a strap or shield that has enhanced effects when combined with these weapons. For an example, here are some theoretical abilities such an equip could have:

Charged Strap
    99 All Jobs
    Haste +1%
    Fans: Double Attack +4
    Batteries: Store TP +8
    Pumps: Subtle Blow +10
    Perhaps other charged items with other elements could be introduced as well.

There could potentially also be armor that exploits the power of Charged Ammunition as well, such as a neck piece with stats like this:

Charged Torque
    99 All Jobs
    Fans: Increases Blink Effect
    Batteries: Increases the effect of Spikes Spells
    Pumps: Increases Aquaveil Effect
    These are just very rough examples however, there are many possibilities for these Charged Ammunition items to make a return.
    (1)

Character
    Rustic
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    Perhaps we could see some new weapons and armor that utilizes these items? Charged Ammunition like Fans, Batteries, and Pumps haven't seen much usage in ages, and it would be nice to see some more usage then just a handful of low level weapons that nobody uses.
    If they'd ever put Chemist in, those sorta things would have been right in line for wider use- as it is, they ended up "gimmick" items that rarely got use elsewhere. I could have seen a pile of Chemist only Marksmanship "guns" that used them for ammo.
    (1)
    Old-time player, new-time character- Ragnarok server.

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    As an avid alchemist who finds his craft more profitable and more useful than it used to be, my only input is this: viable skill up paths to 110 for ALL crafts. The items higher than 100 in alchemy require ingredients that are super expensive if they're available at all. I don't mind losing a little money in a crafting stretch, but I can't spend millions of gil and months of time for a single level. That's just absurd. The crafting cap was raised almost a year ago, and levelling up past 100 is still prohibitively difficult? That's a major league oversight.
    (4)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast