Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Drdelicious
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 90
    honestly, with the +movement speed atma, i dont think it would be that game breaking. cause any job thats gonna dot kite mobs already has +movement speed available to them. i just cant wait for the jueno lag to end. seriously people, find somewhere else to idle!
    (0)

Character
    Jager
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 90
    I like the movement speed Signet idea too. But instead of getting the option like we do with Allied Signets, it would just be automatic for Rank 7+ players. But now I see a fault. Signet only is worth it in Signet-areas only. This would mean we would only have this movement speed in those areas only too.
    (0)
    "I find bliss in ignorance. Less I hear the less you'll say. But you'll find that out anyway."
    - Linkin Park (Dedicated to all the trolls and flamers out there)

Character
    Drdelicious
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 90
    yeah, but you can easily make it effective all over the place. i used to abuse the astral candy buffs all the time. get the food buff, eat food, warp somewhere and get signet. and the food buff is still technically "active". and since people mostly want this for abyssea, you can just make it active while signet is on you, and not just in signet areas.
    (0)

Character
    Dazusu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    To the OP:

It's called Herald's Gaiters, Danzo Sune-ate, Blood Cuisses, Hermes' Sandals, Sprinters Boots, Trotters Boots, Strider Boots, Ninja Kyahan, Skadi's Jambeaux.

Less asking for easy mode, more obtaining the gear for your job that will give you movement speed. Why don't we just remove the need for weapons while we're at it by giving every job H2H, A+ skill in it and top it off with a permanent +999 attack and +200 STR?

The whole point of an MMO is to better your character, so how about we stop asking for it to be handed to us on a plate.

On an additional note, the map size in FFXI is miniscule compared to most MMOs.
    (0)
    Last edited by Dazusu; 03-21-2011 at 07:45 AM.

Character
    Drdelicious
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazusu View Post
    To the OP:

It's called Herald's Gaiters, Danzo Sune-ate, Blood Cuisses, Hermes' Sandals, Sprinters Boots, Trotters Boots, Strider Boots, Ninja Kyahan, Skadi's Jambeaux.

Less asking for easy mode, more obtaining the gear for your job that will give you movement speed. Why don't we just remove the need for weapons while we're at it by giving every job H2H, A+ skill in it and top it off with a permanent +999 attack and +200 STR?

The whole point of an MMO is to better your character, so how about we stop asking for it to be handed to us on a plate.

that was kind of my point too. theres already so many way of +movement, speeding everyone up would really do nothing. and if they made sprinters rechargeable, that would satisfy the OPs requests. i can see his point, but a little unrealistic. and your post extends to some of the major gripes you read about on these treads: working for something vs. getting it handed to you. like the whole abyssea entry lvl debate; but thats another thread
    (0)

Player
    To the OP:

I already know about all those pieces of gear.. but who is actually leveling those specific classes..Also how long does it take to camp that NM just to get that 1 piece of gear, how many people are required in a team just to kill the NM? I am not asking to make the game easier I am asking to make the game convenient and faster for our current characters in terms of moving not with combat-related issues... What your saying is completely off topic please do not post on my thread if you have nothing nice to say or suggest I do not want this to turn into another thread that goes completely off the original topic. Also I stated before the signet/movement buff that we would get from the guards in our own nations would only work in all areas but abyssea to balance things out. Indeed Abyssea does give drops that would increase movement speed for certain specific classes but that takes a lot of traverse stones, patience and a dedicated group of players to help. Not everyone has the time to go and get those movement speed gears for each of there classes. I am not asking SE to make the game easier I am simply asking that SE provide us with a basic way for us to improve our base character run speed without all that extra effort involved just to get 1 piece of gear that would take days or even weeks/months.

P.S: If you have nothing nice to say or suggest please do us all a favor and don't post on this thread... For all you know SE will ignore this thread for game suggestions and you'll get your way in the end anyways or not but who knows honestly. I thank the rest of you for your sincere posts thus far and can't wait to see what else you all have to suggest!
    (0)

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    To the OP:

I don't see how this matters in the least. We're talking giving us a movement speed boost as the standard because FFXI has always been utterly slow. That means all of the above gear would still work, otherwise there is no point in discussing this topic. You would welcome this as much as the next person, end of story.

But we won't see it unless everything got a boost. You can't have players outrunning danger easily. Then they can't die and time sink themselves naturally...
    (0)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Vold View Post
    I don't see how this matters in the least. We're talking giving us a movement speed boost as the standard because FFXI has always been utterly slow. That means all of the above gear would still work, otherwise there is no point in discussing this topic. You would welcome this as much as the next person, end of story.

But we won't see it unless everything got a boost. You can't have players outrunning danger easily. Then they can't die and time sink themselves naturally...

Exactly! Thank you!

Besides that the reason why I mention " please give me your suggestions and feedback on this " is if SE actually does approve this ( which would be awesome! ) then we need to figure out ways to make it fair for everyone. Yes the game wouldn't be fun if we could always 100% of the time out run monsters but besides that its nice to have just a lil bit increase in run speed to our slow ass characters... and for all those pieces of gear. they are 70-80+ besides the Strider boots.

Thank you all for the support and feedback thus far and can't wait to see more suggestions on this topic at hand.

P.S: Off topic: http://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/ <-- just a link for those of you who are trying to find a way to get up to date information on the reactor situation in japan.
    P.S.S: Most the reactors should be up and running in 2-3 days! /thumbs up
    (0)

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Well, they'd have to adjust the movement speed of all monsters as well, which might be a fair bit of work. But form day 1 it always felt like people moved too slow. The running animations like like you're really hauling your rear but you don't move as fast as the animation makes it look.
    If you move the camera out to it's maximum distance it looks right.
    (0)

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by chrism View Post
    I already know about all those pieces of gear.. but who is actually leveling those specific classes..Also how long does it take to camp that NM just to get that 1 piece of gear, how many people are required in a team just to kill the NM? I am not asking to make the game easier I am asking to make the game convenient and faster for our current characters in terms of moving not with combat-related issues... What your saying is completely off topic please do not post on my thread if you have nothing nice to say or suggest I do not want this to turn into another thread that goes completely off the original topic. Also I stated before the signet/movement buff that we would get from the guards in our own nations would only work in all areas but abyssea to balance things out. Indeed Abyssea does give drops that would increase movement speed for certain specific classes but that takes a lot of traverse stones, patience and a dedicated group of players to help. Not everyone has the time to go and get those movement speed gears for each of there classes. I am not asking SE to make the game easier I am simply asking that SE provide us with a basic way for us to improve our base character run speed without all that extra effort involved just to get 1 piece of gear that would take days or even weeks/months.

P.S: If you have nothing nice to say or suggest please do us all a favor and don't post on this thread... For all you know SE will ignore this thread for game suggestions and you'll get your way in the end anyways or not but who knows honestly. I thank the rest of you for your sincere posts thus far and can't wait to see what else you all have to suggest!
    No matter how fast they make you run you'll always feel like you're running "too slow" as long as some jobs have access to movement speed enhancement.
    (0)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast