Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99

Classic Turtle technique

So I have been playing through some of the older (early) Final Fantasies and a common technique from then is to equip 2 shields at once. Granted attack is severely limited, but defense is drastically enhanced.

I wonder if this would be plausible in this game, being that it draws heavily from FFIII's job system. The greatest issue of course would be consistant enmity generation since no weapon is being used, but I know it is relatively easy to do so through alternate means (abilities, magic). Also do not gain the benefits of parry, relying entirely on shield skill.

Of course, the first thing on anyone's mind would be Aegis/Ochain and anyone dual-wielding these would easily be virtually indestructable. That being said, they still experience the same drawbacks any other combination would.

What do you all think of this classic?
    (1)

Character
    Toadie
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I'm ashamed to admit that I have never had the opportunity to play FFIII. With that said, I find the idea interesting. I wouldn't mind experimenting with it and see how it works. However at this time I can't envision where and why I would apply this technique in a "make or break" situation. I'm not sure I would want to sit there and watch my character take a beating while everyone else gets to do stuff. Although as a taru it would be fun to see my character actually survive such a beating!
    (0)
    Each person is an individual being, capable of independent thought and unique emotion, deserving respect, dignity, and compassion in all things, at all times, and in all places.

To do anything else denies the self of its humanity.

I personally think if people want to be a "turtle" they should make burtgang with aegis and then still be able to make decent contribution....

EDIT: Having said that... I realise very few would do this due to the cost/effort involved
    (0)
    As I stand looking out from my mog house window, I reminisce about the old days and the many ups and downs of my adventures throughout Vana'diel.

It is then that I know achievement.

Oh, dual wielding Aegis and Ochain!

Sign me up. lol.
    (0)