Hybrid View

Character
    Zeroe
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

Weaponskills That Need Most Refinement

The purpose of this thread is to just isolate a few weaponskills that need serious readjustments. Although I believe dozens of them need a rework, there are some in most dire need of a total refinement. Please post your four most desired weaponskills to be reworked. Maybe this will help the devs narrow down there choices and start the refinement process.

My List:

Cloudsplitter
    Quietus
    Leaden Salute
    Camlann's Torment
    (10)

Character
    Nebo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Rudra's Storm
    Mercy Stroke
    Mandalic Stab
    (1)

Character
    Johngottii
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Metatron torment needs a big overhall bravura is just that far behind Ukonvasara

Knights of round

Scourge

Geirskogul

Infact i'd go as far as to sugest that all relic weaponskills and some aftermaths need adjustment on a case by case basis, the five above need serious adjusting.
    (2)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Mercy Stroke
    What? No. It's not perfect or anything, and I agree it could use just a bit more of a boost, but it's actually one of the best relic weapon skills. I know that's not saying much, but it's an improvement over the other ones in the fact that you actually use it, lol.
    (4)

Character
    Nebo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    What? No. It's not perfect or anything, and I agree it could use just a bit more of a boost, but it's actually one of the best relic weapon skills. I know that's not saying much, but it's an improvement over the other ones in the fact that you actually use it, lol.
    No. Mercy Stroke is just as weak as all the rest of them (weaker than a lot of them actually). The only job on Mandau that uses MS is THF, and that's not because Mercy Stroke is the cat's ass. It's because stacking it with positionally restricted and cumbersome job abilities can make it not suck some of the time.

Do not mistake that for Mercy Stroke being awesome. The WS itself is crap which is why you see more exenterators and eviscerations coming out of Mandau than Mercy Strokes.

But Byrth said it best, just make these R/M/E dagger WS able to crit natively and problem solved.
    (1)
    Last edited by Nebo; 01-18-2013 at 06:11 AM.

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebo View Post
    No. Mercy Stroke is just as weak as all the rest of them (weaker than a lot of them actually). The only job on Mandau that uses MS is THF, and that's not because Mercy Stroke is the cat's ass. It's because stacking it with positionally restricted and cumbersome job abilities can make it not suck some of the time.

Do not mistake that for Mercy Stroke being awesome. The WS itself is crap which is why you see more exenterators and eviscerations coming out of Mandau than Mercy Strokes.

But Byrth said it best, just make these R/M/E dagger WS able to crit natively and problem solved.
    Umm no. MS is actually good as far as WS's go, at least if you have a 99 Mandau. Exten is barely better and really depends on target and gear.

MS
    3.0 fTP (4.0 DW) (two hits)
    60% STR
    +40% damage boost.
    AM: +5% Crit (both hands)

Exten
    4.0 fTP (5.0 DW) (5 hits)
    100% AGI
    Inflicts -20 accuracy.

At capped accuracy the chance of landing both hits on MS is 90.25%. The chance of landing all five hits on Exten is 77.37%. The real difference between them is the WSC, Exten's 100% AGI means you can stack the sh!t out of it, MS's 60% STR is nearly as good as you can double dip and get an fSTR bonus (until cap). Stacking MS with SA / TA just produces really pretty numbers, it's strong in it's own right. Those two WS's are pretty much dead even if you apply a 99 Mandau and STR Dagger.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    Snippit of Accurate information
    Its a shitty Weaponskill... Its just "good" because most of THF Weaponskills suck ass, So its just the prettiest pile of poo in the room.

But its still poo.

Do in no small part because its A Dagger WS, and they all Suck compared to any other weapon. This is a problem more with 1 handed weapons in general, and most certainly dagger. Mercy Stroke is no better or worse than any other shitty Relic WS (most being 3.0/4.0 fTP 1-hitters), Its just surrounded by more poo than the other ones, so it looks good in comparison.
    (2)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 01-19-2013 at 01:27 PM.

Character
    Engelmond
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 17
    Cloudsplitter.

Looks beautiful, does terrible damage. I think even Primal Rend does better damage at 100 TP. Did they consider that at all? If I save up 300 TP, I could of done three Ruinators. They don't seem to factor that in at all.
    (2)

Character
    Nyheen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    dont know about you guys bout Leaden Salute is kinda strong with magic buff, sure it not like wildfire but it useful. Rudra's Storm is mostly powerful when used thf or dnc Abilities other then that it ok but a boost would work
    (0)

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by nyheen View Post
    dont know about you guys bout Leaden Salute is kinda strong with magic buff, sure it not like wildfire but it useful. Rudra's Storm is mostly powerful when used thf or dnc Abilities other then that it ok but a boost would work
    its actually terrible outside of VW and Abyssea, Wildfire exeeds in that department miles ahead without magic buffs from VW and AByssea. + the fact that it gets resisted quiet often compared to Wilfire (Darkness dmg pritty much gets resisted on a ton of mobs, check undead, check most NMs etc etc), not to mention the modifiers are just ugh 30% AGI on Laeden Salute vs 60% AGI modifier on wildfire ... yeah
    (0)

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast