Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Zeroe
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

Weaponskills That Need Most Refinement

The purpose of this thread is to just isolate a few weaponskills that need serious readjustments. Although I believe dozens of them need a rework, there are some in most dire need of a total refinement. Please post your four most desired weaponskills to be reworked. Maybe this will help the devs narrow down there choices and start the refinement process.

My List:

Cloudsplitter
    Quietus
    Leaden Salute
    Camlann's Torment
    (10)

Character
    Nebo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Rudra's Storm
    Mercy Stroke
    Mandalic Stab
    (1)

Character
    Johngottii
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Metatron torment needs a big overhall bravura is just that far behind Ukonvasara

Knights of round

Scourge

Geirskogul

Infact i'd go as far as to sugest that all relic weaponskills and some aftermaths need adjustment on a case by case basis, the five above need serious adjusting.
    (2)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Mercy Stroke
    What? No. It's not perfect or anything, and I agree it could use just a bit more of a boost, but it's actually one of the best relic weapon skills. I know that's not saying much, but it's an improvement over the other ones in the fact that you actually use it, lol.
    (4)

Character
    Engelmond
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 17
    Cloudsplitter.

Looks beautiful, does terrible damage. I think even Primal Rend does better damage at 100 TP. Did they consider that at all? If I save up 300 TP, I could of done three Ruinators. They don't seem to factor that in at all.
    (2)

Character
    Nyheen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    dont know about you guys bout Leaden Salute is kinda strong with magic buff, sure it not like wildfire but it useful. Rudra's Storm is mostly powerful when used thf or dnc Abilities other then that it ok but a boost would work
    (0)

Blade: Metsu: Should be a multi-hit ws to match the animation and should be allowed to crit. The aftermath of lolsubtleblow should equally be changed, potentially to something such as a bonus to ninja tool expertise.

Jishnu's Radiance: The ws has scaled poorly from what it was at 85 and for a multi-hit+crit ws, it really falls behind other ranged ws. It is also frowned upon due to its dex mod (when ranged attacks are agi based) but if the fTP was increased slightly then this would help counteract this.

Atonement: This used to be PLD's crowning glory.. now its just lolworthy (especially due to being tied to emnity). If the max dmg able to be dealt was doubled from 750 to 1500, it wouldnt be broken and would allow plds to have a slightly better chance of keeping up with the hate of the DDs (and it is more than possible to hit 1500 ws using cdc/requiescat outside abyssea)
    (1)
    As I stand looking out from my mog house window, I reminisce about the old days and the many ups and downs of my adventures throughout Vana'diel.

It is then that I know achievement.

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Jishnu's Radiance: The ws has scaled poorly from what it was at 85 and for a multi-hit+crit ws, it really falls behind other ranged ws. It is also frowned upon due to its dex mod (when ranged attacks are agi based) but if the fTP was increased slightly then this would help counteract this.
    WTF this makes no sense. JR is as powerful as / nearly as (depending on gear and situation) LS for physical ranged WS. WF is highly reliant on some sort of +Fire Damage buff typically seen inside abyssea or voidwatch, it's also magic damage so favors COR by far. Ranged attacks are not "AGI Based", AGI only effects ranged accuracy and RNG has an A+ skill along with five accuracy bonus traits for a total of +60. If anything Ranged Attacks are "STR based" as they get double the fSTR bonus that melees get. The only reason you see more Marks Rangers is that they have more options (Anni / Arma) where as Gandiva is JR spam RNG only, both deal the same amount of damage but Marks has the choice of switching to magic or reduced-hate damage.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Everyone will list their favorite job's WS here for "broken". There are many but I'd prefer to keep it down to specific Job's needing better choices. Entropy sucks but DRK can use a Rag and Resolution so it should be lower on the priority list. In that same vein Rudra's Storm sucks but THF has access to MS, though dancer is screwed. I would like to see RS be allowed to crit, or DNC put on Mandau to compensate for it. Also Exten should be modified to allow fTP to carry across all hits.

Cloudsplitter sucks but BST has access to the BST 1H WS in the game. Ruinator is four (five as DW) hit attack that can copy fTP for a total of 6.0 fTP before DA/TA procs. It's also 100% STR WSC and carries a ~35% attack bonus. So even if they do buff CS it won't hold a candle to Ruin's damage output.

All considered, DNC, PUP, NIN are the jobs without really nice WS options. For weapons most of the relic WS's suck but the recent merit ones mostly make up for that.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by nyheen View Post
    dont know about you guys bout Leaden Salute is kinda strong with magic buff, sure it not like wildfire but it useful. Rudra's Storm is mostly powerful when used thf or dnc Abilities other then that it ok but a boost would work
    its actually terrible outside of VW and Abyssea, Wildfire exeeds in that department miles ahead without magic buffs from VW and AByssea. + the fact that it gets resisted quiet often compared to Wilfire (Darkness dmg pritty much gets resisted on a ton of mobs, check undead, check most NMs etc etc), not to mention the modifiers are just ugh 30% AGI on Laeden Salute vs 60% AGI modifier on wildfire ... yeah
    (0)

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast