Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    All considered, DNC, PUP, NIN are the jobs without really nice WS options.
    what? PUP? You've never used Victory Smite or Stringing Pummel? Both of these WS are solid. Spiral and the new kick rather leave something to be desired though.
    (1)

Character
    Spiritreaver
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    what? PUP? You've never used Victory Smite or Stringing Pummel? Both of these WS are solid. Spiral and the new kick rather leave something to be desired though.
    He won't reply to this just like he didn't reply when i said i'd like to see his rationale almost 12 hrs ago - for the simple reason that he can't. Both Victory Smite and Stringing Pummel are good solid WSs that he just overlooked in that sweeping generalization he made.

Best he could say is he overlooked them, but going on the posts of his i've seen just today, that prolly ain't gonna happen.
    (1)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by nyheen View Post
    dont know about you guys bout Leaden Salute is kinda strong with magic buff, sure it not like wildfire but it useful.

That's contradiction. If it's not as strong as X, then it's not useful because you can just use X.
    (0)

Character
    Spiritreaver
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    That's contradiction. If it's not as strong as X, then it's not useful because you can just use X.
    You are just being argumentative. Because contrary to how its portrayed on forums, everyone with COR does NOT have Empy Gun lvl 85+, or even the WoE version.
    (3)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Well, it's definitely true that Death Penalty is very meh largely because of Leaden Salute's mediocrity, which is a shame because of how cool the weapon looks.
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    You can't just arbitrarily choose weaponskills that need refinement without knowing their intended purpose. For instance, SE recently told us that they couldn't increase the magic accuracy of Shockwave because that would be unbalanced. Anyone else probably would have looked at an AoE "Additional Effect: Sleep" weaponskill and assumed it was meant to sleep things, but SE disagrees.

Basically, you're wasting your time proposing WS refinements until you know what a WS is for, which you can't know without being SE. There are very many weaponskills that could be adjusted so they're more useful and to expand the range of weaponskills that different jobs *actually* use, but SE is likely unwilling to do it.

Dagger- I have every Dagger job and have leveled multiple jobs solo and in parties that use these WSs, so I'll use Dagger as an example.
    Wasp Sting - Give it 2 fTP so that dagger has a WS before Viper Bite (or Dancing Edge for DNC) that isn't shit.
    Gust Slash - Fine, give it a long range like Cyclone.
    Shadow Stitch - Fine.
    Viper Bite - Fine.
    Cyclone - Fine.
    Energy Steal - Fine.
    Energy Drain - Fine, though I'd honestly make it so you don't get two MP stealing WSs back-to-back. That just seems dumb.
    Dancing Edge - Fine.
    Shark Bite - This WS has always lived in DE's shadow. Give it a 25% Attack boost and it will pull ahead for SA WS if xp parties ever come back.
    Evisceration - Fine.
    Mercy Stroke - This WS should be allowed to crit. It doesn't need to have "Chance of critical hit varies with TP." but it should be able to critical hit so that jobs without the ability to force critical hits (RDM and BRD) can still use it to some effect.
    Mandalic Stab - Should be 60% DEX.
    Mordant Rime - Fine.
    Pyrrhic Kleos - Fine, though I'd make it 30% STR / 30% DEX.
    Aeolian Edge - Fine.
    Rudra's Storm - I'd propose the same adjustment as Mercy Stroke. Allow it to critical hit.
    Exenterator - Fine.
    (9)

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    You can't just arbitrarily choose weaponskills that need refinement without knowing their intended purpose. For instance, SE recently told us that they couldn't increase the magic accuracy of Shockwave because that would be unbalanced. Anyone else probably would have looked at an AoE "Additional Effect: Sleep" weaponskill and assumed it was meant to sleep things, but SE disagrees.

Basically, you're wasting your time proposing WS refinements until you know what a WS is for, which you can't know without being SE. There are very many weaponskills that could be adjusted so they're more useful and to expand the range of weaponskills that different jobs *actually* use, but SE is likely unwilling to do it.

Dagger- I have every Dagger job and have leveled multiple jobs solo and in parties that use these WSs, so I'll use Dagger as an example.
    Wasp Sting - Give it 2 fTP so that dagger has a WS before Viper Bite (or Dancing Edge for DNC) that isn't shit.
    Gust Slash - Fine, give it a long range like Cyclone.
    Shadow Stitch - Fine.
    Viper Bite - Fine.
    Cyclone - Fine.
    Energy Steal - Fine.
    Energy Drain - Fine, though I'd honestly make it so you don't get two MP stealing WSs back-to-back. That just seems dumb.
    Dancing Edge - Fine.
    Shark Bite - This WS has always lived in DE's shadow. Give it a 25% Attack boost and it will pull ahead for SA WS if xp parties ever come back.
    Evisceration - Fine.
    Mercy Stroke - This WS should be allowed to crit. It doesn't need to have "Chance of critical hit varies with TP." but it should be able to critical hit so that jobs without the ability to force critical hits (RDM and BRD) can still use it to some effect.
    Mandalic Stab - Should be 60% DEX.
    Mordant Rime - Fine.
    Pyrrhic Kleos - Fine, though I'd make it 30% STR / 30% DEX.
    Aeolian Edge - Fine.
    Rudra's Storm - I'd propose the same adjustment as Mercy Stroke. Allow it to critical hit.
    Exenterator - Fine.

I think what people want mostly is to even out the playing field between empy, relic, mythic and merit point WSs. There is 2 ways to fix this:

Method 1:
    Adjust every empy, relic, mythic and merit point WS

Method 2, this is the much easier route:
    allow all empy + relic WSs to be questable via magian moogles or so (the aftermath of course only applies to the real weapons) and uncap the merit WS category.

method 2 would of course change the existing hierarchy of strong weapons totally. Death penalty with Wildfire would suddenly pull ahead. Conqueror with Ukyo's Fury during Berserk with mythic aftermath would be maybe broken and excalibur or burtgang with chant du cygne would make pld a force to recon.
    (1)
    Last edited by Damane; 12-26-2012 at 10:27 AM.

Character
    Kyen
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Expiacion - Give it at least a gimped Mystic Boon like effect since it literally does nothing. It's painfully weak and it doesn't even have a debuff on it.
    Rudra Storm/Mercy Stroke - Let it critical hit on its own.
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiritreaver View Post
    You are just being argumentative. Because contrary to how its portrayed on forums, everyone with COR does NOT have Empy Gun lvl 85+, or even the WoE version.
    I can just argue that every single none-empy/relic/mythic/merit point WS is useful then, for those who doesn't have R/E/M and don't have merit WS. Can I say Gekko is useful because I don't have R/E/M and don't have shoha?

But no, it doesn't work that way.
    (0)

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    You can argue all day, it doesn't necessarily make you right.
    (6)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast