Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Zeroe
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

Please consider giving other jobs Warp and Warp II

It would be nice if other jobs that specify on magic could use these utility spells. It hardly breaks any balance in the game, and would make for a more mobile and less job intensive experience. Although warp scrolls are a nice substitute, I feel this area can be expanded upon. Thoughts?
    (6)

Character
    Graystone
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Warp scrolls are 10 cp, warp cudgels are cheap, homing instinct..
    (14)

===========Don't make me kick your butt into next Watersday!===========

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Warp scrolls are 10 cp, warp cudgels are cheap, homing instinct..
    See
    Although warp scrolls are a nice substitute, I feel this area can be expanded upon.
    He knows there are warp scrolls there. That's not a reason to say it can't be added to other jobs. I think it wouldn't really be a bad idea to give RDMs and SCHs the spell (And maybe GEO when it comes around). The only function these spells serve is convenience/running away so it's not like it's that big a deal if I can warp when I'm on RDM/SCH.
    (3)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I feel this area doesn't need to be expanded upon. There should never be an instance when

-you can't d3 yourself (really, who really actually cares about exp loss anymore?)
    -you cant d1/d2 yourself
    -you cant use a device/teleport/outpost/etc to either get home or get you to something that can send you home.
    -you cant use one of many items that gives a warp effect
    -you dont have someone in your party that can do one of the above for you

is a BLM or /BLM really that hard to come by? there is no excuse for not having an easily obtainable trip home- ever.
    (9)

Character
    Zeroe
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Although yes there are other ways like I mentioned above, It really more for convenience and situational purposes. The spell should be allowed to be further expanded upon rather than just making it so only /blm can warp. Nothing wrong with scrolls, cudgels, etc, just making your class all the more versatile is fine be me.
    (1)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I don't get any reason to be against adding this spell to other jobs when it serves no function other than getting you from place to place. There's no job balancing act to be found here. Alternatively they could add an HPing item that has a 30 to one-hour recast. Treat Staff II, Warp Scrolls and the like are all nice, but it'd be nice if I didn't have to run to the conquest guys every time I'm back in town to get another warp scroll. There's a lot of little inconveniences in the game like this where it makes absolutely no sense to me to not at least consider fixing them in some way.

Or remove the rare/ex tag on the warp scrolls and make them stackable. That would be awesome. I can just buy a bunch at once and not have to worry about ever forgetting to get more.

All the other warp items (Nexus Cape + Treat Staff II + Retrace Staves is 5 slots already, and there's a bunch of other types on top of that) take up inventory/satchel space and we all know that that's a huge problem.

I remember back in the NES RPG days when a single teleport item/spell could take you to any town you've been to before. It's pretty amazing when a game released in 2002 does that worse.
    (6)
    Last edited by Kincard; 12-23-2012 at 04:58 PM.

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    That's not a reason to say it can't be added to other jobs. I think it wouldn't really be a bad idea to give RDMs and SCHs the spell (And maybe GEO when it comes around). The only function these spells serve is convenience/running away so it's not like it's that big a deal if I can warp when I'm on RDM/SCH.
    While I'd love to be able to Warp myself directly home on WHM/SCH without having to teleport and book home first, there is actually a big reason why it isn't added to other jobs, the game economy.

Think of all the Woodcrafters and Alchemists who would be affected if the market for Warp Cudgels took another hit.

I'm sure this is debatable in scope (I'm not even sure I could really muster the energy to defend crafters on this one right now), but I think it shouldn't be said there is "not a reason" at all. This is a reason SE will be thinking of when considering this change, and it might help to address it non-dismissively when arguing the case for change.
    (3)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Being a woodworker myself, I have to say that even if I wasn't incredibly lazy, Warp Cudgels were horribly killed as a way of effectively making gil when they reduced Treat Staff II to a 20 hour recast and made Warp Scrolls so cheap to obtain.

If they took my suggestion of making a charged item have a 30-1 hour recast and applied that to Warp Cudgel, it'd help Woodworking (One of the worst crafts in the game) and make warping more convenient.
    (0)

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Woodworkers weren't exactly bankrupted by the more plentiful forms of Warp, Cudgels have been fairly useless wastes of cash for quite some time, most just use them as low damage proc weapons anymore. Giving Warp/Warp II to other mage jobs wouldn't make BLM less desirable, and it won't make crafters into paupers overnight. It would make the game far more convenient, however. Why do we hate convenience? Is it because we feel the game should be tedious because we're playing online? Timesinks are/were always terrible, ones involving running from one end of an empty zone to the other included.
    (6)

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I'm one of those guys who always has a warp item, so no, it isn't hard to do. But despite the fact that I'm always prepared, I don't enjoy the process of being so. Running to get a scroll every time I warp back, and taking up several slots in a very strained old inventory system are both annoying.

With that said, I don't care how SE makes the process simpler. I'd have nothing against giving warp to RDM, SCH, WHM, GEO. I like the idea of warp scrolls being stackable better though because it benefits all jobs.
    (6)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast