Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99

Need ways of direct cour > gil or exp > gil conversions

These conversions are badly needed. It is rare to find people exping anymore because PEOPLE DO NOT NEED EXP. Why was the cour > gil taken out? Because RMT abuse it? You might as well take away all exp gained in abyssea because RMT farm exp for people.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Spending Gil = Game balance, next question please tia
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Just like any good suggestions in the RDM thread get applied to SCH.

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Had nothing to do with RMT. This idea is bad and you should feel bad.
    (7)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Player
    You can not have a good economy when people can create money any time they wish. Gil has almost no way of being taken out of the system, yet Cruor was putting gil in at a huge rate almost constantly. Cruor needs to be able to buy VW drops, mainly Plates, Mirrors, Sand, Dross, and Cinder. Allowing those to be bought would be great, they are items, not gil, which are used in trials that consume the item, cruor is taken, the item is taken, no gil is created, and nothing bad happens, people simply sell them to one another which causes gil to cycle through the market, not be created.
    (19)

Character
    Llana
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambus View Post
    Why was the cour > gil taken out? Because RMT abuse it?
    It was because everyone abused it. Any system of artificially injecting currency into an economy is bad, and that is why it was (finally) adjusted.

I think Cruor should have some form of significance... I always thought they should have made a few more Abyssea zones that worked like Limbus... you use a certain (high) amount of Cruor to buy the "pass" for the zone, and you and a party/alliance can go through and farm for certain high end items that can further augment or modify Empy gear and weapons.

The direction the game took, however, turns this into a near impossiblity.
    (2)

If you can't out-claim someone who's AFK, you need to find a new game to play.

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Llana_Virren View Post
    Any system of artificially injecting currency into an economy is bad,
    Uh... not quite. I could probably use real world examples, but since I'd like to limit this to a discussion on the FFXI economy, any time you kill a mob and it drops gil or you NPC an item for gil, that injects gil into the economy, and in controlled amounts, that's not a bad thing.

Large, sudden, and uncontrolled amounts of currency that were being injected into the economy with cruor farming was a bad thing rather.
    (5)

Yeah. Creating gil isn't inherently bad, considering the game also has mechanisms of removing gil from circulation as well. However, cruor-gil is like being rewarded with money for going to the toilet to take a dump.
    (1)

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    It does not need to be a lot, just enough to encourage people that do not need to exp go exping so finding an exp party is not like pulling teeth to people who need it.

If you do not like that idea I suppose we can go back to pre abyssea exp gain so there where always a pt to be found. Or have events where you ACTUALLY LOSE exp like in old FFXI.

And I was told the cour to gil stuff was nerfed because of RMT
    (0)
    Last edited by Rambus; 12-22-2012 at 05:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Spending Gil = Game balance, next question please tia
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Just like any good suggestions in the RDM thread get applied to SCH.

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambus View Post
    It does not need to be a lot, just enough to encourage people that do not need to exp go exping so finding an exp party is not like pulling teeth to people who need it.

If you do not like that idea I suppose we can go back to pre abyssea exp gain so there where always a pt to be found. Or have events where you ACTUALLY LOSE exp like in old FFXI.

cruor farming doesn't help XP pt since cruor PT focus on "reverse chain" (never kill same monster twice in a row)

and
    Need ways of direct cour > gil or exp > gil conversions
    These conversions are badly needed. It is rare to find people exping anymore because PEOPLE DO NOT NEED EXP. Why was the cour > gil taken out?/../
    Is CRUOR that hard to properly spell?
    (2)

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Yes, Cruor is difficult to spell. The old man calls it "queer".
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    You can not have a good economy when people can create money any time they wish. Gil has almost no way of being taken out of the system, yet Cruor was putting gil in at a huge rate almost constantly. Cruor needs to be able to buy VW drops, mainly Plates, Mirrors, Sand, Dross, and Cinder. Allowing those to be bought would be great, they are items, not gil, which are used in trials that consume the item, cruor is taken, the item is taken, no gil is created, and nothing bad happens, people simply sell them to one another which causes gil to cycle through the market, not be created.
    I agree with this post, completely.
    (5)
    Tanama - Monstrosity Enthusiast

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast