Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Bepe
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99

Staff Relic/Empyreans/Mythics need adjustment

Warning I did not check this for spelling and grammar errors.

Part 1.a: The endgame "Melee Staff"
    (mainly focusing on Claustrum and Hvergelmir, plenitas Virga is for refernece)

Claustrum Rare Ex
    [Main] All Races
    DPS: 1738 DMG:113 Delay:390 Accuracy+40 "Gate of Tartarus" Additional effect: Dispel Afterglow
    LV 99 BLM SMN

Hvergelmir Rare Ex
    [Main] All Races
    DPS: 1738 DMG:113 Delay:390 MP+150 "Myrkr" Aftermath: Occ. deals double damage
    LV 99 BLM SMN SCH

Plenitas Virga Rare Ex
    [Main] All Races
    DPS: 1633 DMG:98 Delay:360 HP+100 MP+100 INT+20 Accuracy+15 Attack+15 Haste+3%
    LV 99 WAR MNK WHM BLM PLD BRD DRG SMN SCH

If you look at both Hvergelmir and Claustrum, they obviously share the same role. Both have the same delay, same damage, and a weaponskill whose purpose is to restore mp. They are both pretty even at dealing damage, In the "melee staff sense" they are the highest damage staffs in the game and the 40 accuracy on claustrum is a nice bonus considering the selection of mage melee gear combined with mage combat skill levels. But you see... there is an innate problem here. Two out of the three MAGE endgame weapons are designed to MELEE! In my opinion this just doesn't seem right.

The main endgame weapons of a job should enhance an aspect of that job or create a new way to play a job. For example(using only empyreans and relics for now), Apocalypse gave the glass cannon drk an amazing amount of stability. Annihilator and yochi solved the hate problems rangers had. Aegis virtually made magic damage irrelevant, and ochain made phsyical damage irrelevant against plds. Amano enhanced samurai's strength in skillchains by opening up the possibility for double light skill chains.Even Mjollnir enhanced whm melee capabilities. But why could Mjollnir work for WHM when Hvergelmir and Claustrum did not for blm, sch, smn. Four Reasons: Weaponskill Selection, Gear selections, and Job statistics, and the staff weapon class itself.

Weaponskills and Job Stats:
    The SINGLE reason why Mjollnir was good for whm melee and one of the reasons whm melee was accept was because of the weaponskill Hexa Strike. On the other hand, the strongest weaponskill for staffs was Retribution. Retributions modfiers are STR and MND. SMN SCH and BLM are tied for 18th in STR and 2nd(smn), 5th(sch) and 9th(blm) for MND. Just recently you developers tried to ninja patch this it seems by releasing the weaponskill shattersoul with its 100% INT modifer, which all three jobs are very high in (first, second and third). However you also released the plenitas virga at the same time with int 20 and 15 attack over both hvergelmir and claustrum, which counters out their 15 base damage difference. (the actual weaponskill one the weapon will be talked about later)

Gear Selections:
    The only real source of melee weaponskill stats that blm sch and smn used to be morrigan (sch didn't even get this). Even now melee gear selections are slim to none, again only morrigan +1 seem to be the saving grace of mage melee gear for these three jobs. And you know, in all honesty, that is how it should be. BLM SCH and SMN were not designed as melee jobs(smn being the exception because they can melee with pets), they are mages!

Staff weapon skill itself:
    First lets take a look at the strongest double handed weapons:

Apocalypse Rare Ex
    [Main] All Races
    DPS: 1953 DMG:167 Delay:513 Accuracy+40 "Catastrophe" Additional effect: Blind
    LV 99 DRK

and Now strongest single handed weapons:
    Almace Rare Ex
    [Main] All Races
    DPS: 1875 DMG:70 Delay:224 DEX+20 "Chant du Cygne" Aftermath: Occ. deals double damage
    LV 99 RDM PLD BLU

Guttler Rare Ex
    [Main] All Races
    DPS: 1886 DMG:88 Delay:280 Attack+40 "Onslaught" Additional effect: "Choke"
    LV 99 BST

As you examine these weapons you can see that the exchange for high delay is high damage and vice versa. The staff weapon category falls in the middle of these two categories. It does not have a high enough delay to be considered a true 2-handed weapon so does not get its damage, but at the same time its delay is high enough that it has a really slow attack speed even with capped haste. The mages also get no job specific tools to enhance their melee capabilities, IE Last resort + desperate blows.
    So what we have is mediocre melee weapons in the middle of two categories of weapons.

Conclusion from Part 1.a
    -As a result, of weak weaponskill selections(and plenitas virga over shadowing on shattersoul), gear selections, job statistics, and the placement of staff in the weapon category, Claustrum and Hvergelmir fail to substantial enhance BLM SCH and SMN melee capabilities to make melee on these jobs even worth it. Thus they fail as melee staffs.

Part 1.b: Weaponskills of the "Melee Staffs"
    -Because of Part 1.a, they only saving grace that these weapons have is their unique weapons skills and the additional effects of these weaponskills. As stated before, both of these effects aim to restore mp (The attack down of Gates of Tartarus is neglible because it doesn't stack with other attack down effects). Hvergelmir does an amazing job in its mp restoration role. It heals 20/40/60% of your mp for 100/200/300 tp respectively. Claustrum on the other hand gives a 8mp tick refresh for 20/40/60 seconds, which is 6/13/20 ticks, which is 48/104/160 mp respectively. On BLM and SCH I have a base of around 1200 to 1300 mp, 1500 to 1700 on smn. Thus, Claustrum barely reaches the ability to restore 10% of ones mp at 300 tp. Thus Claustrum fails at not only being a melee weapon, but also as an mp restoration tool. Gates of Tartarus does do damage as, however, it has an extremely low base damage on the weaponskill and it is a CHR mod which is an extremely wierd mod for these three jobs because none of them even use chr in anything they do(unless there is some hidden chr/smn effects).

Part 1.b Conclusion
    -Hvergelmir has a nice role as an mp restoration staff and it does it very well. However, Claustrum fails at this role, and both staves fail at the melee role.

Part 1.c The solution to "Melee Staffs"
    -So what we have are two bad melee weapons both with restore mp abilities(one being garbage). As a result, I believe it would be best to adjust claustrum into a mage staff and not a melee staff, or at least give it a weaponskill that sets it apart as a melee staff, but preferably the former.We do not need two garbage melee staffs, one is accepting (Hvergelmir).The problem though is how do you make Claustrum useful to blm and smn without changing the "relic design" of acc or attack + ws + effect. The only way to do this unfortunately would be making this a utility staff and keeping the melee aspect (like hvergerlmir unfortunately), but it would have to be a different utility than hvergelmir. And this is what comes to mind.

Claustrum Rare Ex
    [Main] All Races
    DPS: 1738 DMG:113 Delay:390 Accuracy+40 "Gate of Tartarus"
    Occasional Quickens Spellcasting + 25%
    LV 99 BLM SMN

Also Gates of tartarus additonal effect would change from refresh to occasional increases spellcasting by 25% for a max total of 50% when combined, which should be the cap. This would make Claustrum much sought after and useful in my opinions because it opens up alot of interesting options. Or if you think 50% quick cast would be too overpowered on one piece, I would then increase the quickcast on the weapon to 35% and make the additional effect of gates of tartarus magic crit hit rate + 20%. This should last even if you unequip the weapon and have a duration of 180 seconds at 300 tp. Adding unique and rare stats like these would make Claustrum interesting, sought after and useful. And Hvergelmir would remain the mp restoration tool. It does well at that role already. Personally though, I think the restoration should be 33/66/100% for the mp but whatever.

Part 2 Mythic Mage Might

Part a: The Enlightened Perfection of Nirvava

Nirvana Rare Ex
    [Main] All Races
    DPS: 1552 DMG:104 Delay:402 Accuracy+30 Avatar perpetuation cost -8 Avatar: "Magic Atk. Bonus"+40 "Garland of Bliss" Aftermath (Incl. Avatars): Inc. Acc./Atk., Occ. attacks 2-3 times
    LV 99 SMN

Let me preface with this, Mythics 99 cost 3 times more than relic and empyreans, and also have a butt ton of work that goes with the money cost as well. As such, these should be the strongest weapons hands down. Now let us look at Nirvana. It has acc +30 to help get tp to trigger aftermath becauses have low acc(good). Avatar perp - is al magian staffs combined +1 (PERFECT). Avatar magic attack bonus +40 destroys all for magical blood pacts (PERFECT). Garland of Bliss is a magical weaponskill and never misses (PERFECT - could use a base damage increase on the ws). All parts of aftermath proc on smn's main focus, their pets. (..PERFECT).

Nirvana is the true mage mythic weapon and all mythic weapons should use it as an example. So lets move on:

Part b: Meteor Ahoy!

Laevateinn Rare Ex
    [Main] All Races
    DPS: 1552 DMG:104 Delay:402 Accuracy+30 Magic Acc.+10 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+60 Enhances "Elemental Seal" effect "Vidohunir" Aftermath: Inc. Mag. Acc./Mag. Atk. Occ. attacks twice or thrice
    LV 99 BLM

Laevateinn has pretty much been coined the meteor staff because without its aftermath the magian trial staffs at 99 surpass laevatein's damage due to diminishing returns. The enhances elemental is only good for once every 10 mins, an epeen shot or strategic meteor. For the most difficult staff to get in the game, that is UNNACCEPTABLE. My main beef with this staff is that it should surpass magian at all times, aftermath or not, and the aftermath should just enhance it further. Now for melee mythics this shouldn't be the case, melees should strive for aftermath, but its harder for blms to get aftermath and so the aftermath should just be a bonus imo. The enhances elemental seal, accuracy, vidohunir are all fine. What should happen is that magic attack bonus + 60 should be removed and replaced with Magic Damage +7. The trial staffs have magic damage +6, laevateiin should be all magic damage +7 including non elemental meteor. Also part 3 of the aftermath should enhance magic damage, considering nirvana's occ attack twice and thrice procs on bloodpacts if i'm not mistaken. So does ryohigne on drakesbane etc.

My perfect Laevateinn:

Laevateinn Rare Ex
    [Main] All Races
    DPS: 1552 DMG:104 Delay:402 Accuracy+30 Magic Acc.+10 Magic Damage +7 Enhances "Elemental Seal" effect "Vidohunir" Aftermath: Inc. Mag. Acc./Mag. Atk. Occ. deals double(or triple - might be overpowered) magic damage
    LV 99 BLM

Part c: The All-Knowing?

[Main] All Races
    DPS: 1552 DMG:104 Delay:402 Accuracy+30 Magic Acc.+30 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+40 Same elemental magic as weather: Enmity-20 "Omniscience" Aftermath: Inc. Mag. Acc./Mag. Atk. Occ. attacks twice or thrice
    LV 99 SCH

Before I talk about this take a quick review at nirvana and Laevateinn. What did those two staffs do for their jobs> Nirvana greatly enhanced smns physical and magical bloodpacts as well as their mp management issue. It baseically touched on every aspect of the job itself besides elemental siphon and avatar's favor. What does Laevateinn attempt to do for blm? It attempts to make blm into a magical laser cannon of doom(i described why it fails above). Even though Laevateiin fails it still targets to enhance the jobs strength as much as possible, it has a clear focus. So let us ask ourselves, what does Tupsimati attempt to do for sch. To start, it looks like tupsimati is focused on the magical damage aspect of sch instead of sch as a whole. We must remember sch is a hybrid that focuses on many roles. I mean it is ok to focus on one role, but to half ass it that badly I mean come on. Lets go step by step, this might take a while:

Acc +30: Fine for getting aftermath

Magic acc +30: If this was on the 75 version I'd say cool because it surpass the inital elemental staff hqs. But for a 99 staff....pathetic. BLM staff focus is sheer magic damage, thats why I'm fine with it having low magic acc to balance it if is change as I suggested, or along those lines to strengthen it.

Magic Attack Bonus +40: Same reason for this as blm, but this is even more pathetic. It barely even surpasses the lvl 51 chatoyant staff.And at 75 was beaten by the lvl 51 hq staffs. The end all be all staff beaten by a lvl 51 staff... pathetic.

Same Elemental as Weather: Enmity -20 : Ok so here you guys at SE tried to make use of one of sch's aspects, weather controlled, kudos, but as you can probably see this has no use once so ever. It does not change anything substantial to be a stat on the end all be all sch staff. Especially considering you gave us a strategem that gives 50 enmity- that surpasses the enmity - cap (iirc - i 5/5ed focalization instead so not sure) If you really care about sch enmity control, increase the animus spell potency. With tranquil heart we really have no use for a huge enmity- boost, if i wanted to I would just go merit it.

And finally the aftermath. Same as blm problem, the first two are fine, but the last should be magic specific. So here are my suggestions:

If you wanted to go nuking staff route without overstepping blm boundaries:

[Main] All Races
    DPS: 1552 DMG:104 Delay:402 Accuracy+30 Magic Acc.+30 Magic Damage +6 Iridescence, Enhances Light/Dark Arts, "Omniscience" Aftermath: Inc. Mag. Acc./Mag. Atk. Occ. quick casts magic(very high proc rate on 99 weapon, 50% +?)
    LV 99 SCH

Enhances Light/Dark Arts - all skills increased to one lvl higher. IE B to B+, B+ to A etc. Iridescence - same as chatoyant staff.

If done this way the sch staff becomes the second best nuking staff to blm but still has uses on the other abilities of the job. The additonal cure potency from iridescence aurastorm, the bonus skills for enhancing and healing magic, etc.

Tupsimati suggestion 2, taking into account soon to come Embrava Kaustra change

[Main] All Races
    DPS: 1552 DMG:104 Delay:402 Accuracy+30 Magic Acc.+30 Magic Damage +6 Iridescence, Enhances Embrava and Kaustra, "Omniscience" Aftermath: Inc. Mag. Acc./Mag. Atk. Occ. quick casts magic(very high proc rate on 99 weapon, 50% +?)
    LV 99 SCH

This should should add 1 tick of regain per upgrade up to a max of tick regain at 99.
    So Embrava with Tupsimati will be Haste Regen refresh and Regain. For a 600M item I think adding this would be fair.

Enhances Kaustra - effect does not wear of when caster dies - this pisses me off sooo much. Or increased Duration.

Tupsimati suggestion 3 - The utility staff

[Main] All Races
    DPS: 1552 DMG:104 Delay:402 Accuracy+30 Magic Acc.+30 Magic Damage +5 Enhances Storm Spells, Enhances Light/Dark Arts, "Omniscience" Aftermath: Inc. Mag. Acc./Mag. Atk. Occ. quick casts magic(very high proc rate on 99 weapon, 50% +?)
    LV 99 SCH

Enhances Light/Dark Arts is the same
    Enhances Storm spells - Increases storm spell effect by 5% per lvl to a max of +25% to a max of 35% at lvl 99. This additional percentage should surpass the storm weather day bonus cap. The new cap would be this storm + another weather effect from the area + day for 35% + this for 60% + Twilight cape for 70% or is it 75% because of double weather idr. Enhances storms should also enhance the stat boost from the merit ability stormsurge. It should gain +1 or +2 stats for each upgrade for a max of +5 or +10 at 99, stormsurge +7 brings that to +12 and +17 and then theres those boots etc. This should make it even to boost spells. No its not overpowered, I just made a 600M item to be even with your 10k boost spell, woopdeedooo >.>. The main bonus would be the tier 3 afterglow and storm effects. This would also be the solution to all the scholars asking for double weather. If you want your sch to be OP then work your ass of for it.
    (8)
    Last edited by Pebe; 12-17-2012 at 11:04 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Stopped reading after a few paragraphs. just because an item may be percieved to have a highly specialized use doesn't mean it needs to be changed or is a terrible item. I invested a lot of time and effort in Hrvelgimr and don't regret a moment of it . It is an absolutely wonderful tool for summoner, even if you never swing it (pop TP wing, use myrkr, gain instant MP, without going near the mob, use whatever staff once used). If you're an lolmeleesmn, having one of those staves and fully merited shattersoul substantially increases your damage- I see people running around with perp -7 or more staves on all day, but you don't even need a perp staff at all to negate perp cost anymore. I could somewhat get on board with the idea of changing one or the other of calustrum or empy since they both offer similar functionality, but not both. None of the mythic staves are particularly defective either- If absolutely nothing else, mythic BLM is the best staff for Meteor. Nirvana is good as well. SCH is probably the only one of the three mythics that needs some work.
    (3)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    If we're going to talk about lolstaffdd, I'm willing to bet a Plenitas Virga is able to outdamage Hvergelmir because using Shattersoul means you don't get to have AM up. Claustrum probably still wins because of ODD procs and such (THough GoT is still garbage).

One thing I really wish they had continued doing with Hvergelmir was having the trials for it separate from other weapons. First it exclusively used Kukulkan's Fangs, then it exclusively used Sedna's Tusks. This made it so that people who were mage melee-crazy enough to go for one wouldn't be stepping on any melee's toes in a LS, so nobody would object to them upgrading the thing. I'd go as far as to say that they should remove Hvergelmir from HMPs and Riftitems and devise an alternate route for it altogether, but that's just me.

Laevateinn and Tupsimati definitely both need work, though the latter moreso than the former. BLM Mythic might be useful for meteor but I think it's really silly to say a weapon that takes so much effort to get should be exclusively useful for a single spell that sees very little use (Aside from VW, I can't think of any event where you'd have multiple BLMs at the ready to begin with, let alone all of them having meteor).
    (1)

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Stopped reading after a few paragraphs. just because an item may be percieved to have a highly specialized use doesn't mean it needs to be changed or is a terrible item. I invested a lot of time and effort in Hrvelgimr and don't regret a moment of it . It is an absolutely wonderful tool for summoner, even if you never swing it (pop TP wing, use myrkr, gain instant MP, without going near the mob, use whatever staff once used). If you're an lolmeleesmn, having one of those staves and fully merited shattersoul substantially increases your damage- I see people running around with perp -7 or more staves on all day, but you don't even need a perp staff at all to negate perp cost anymore. I could somewhat get on board with the idea of changing one or the other of calustrum or empy since they both offer similar functionality, but not both. None of the mythic staves are particularly defective either- If absolutely nothing else, mythic BLM is the best staff for Meteor. Nirvana is good as well. SCH is probably the only one of the three mythics that needs some work.
    I dont agree. The only thing of mage weapons SE got right was yagrush. The rest is laughable and imho needs fixing. I would do a mage relic/mythic/empy if the staves would reflect what I want.

without changing what the weapons do when meleeing

Mjollnir:
    Put 30% cure potency on it that goes over the cure potency cap and add -20 enmity on top of it.

Claustrum:
    Magic Affinity accuracy +7
    5% of Elemental magic converted into MP
    5% of Bloodpact dmg converted into MP
    Avatar: Magic Affinity accuracy +7

Gambanteinn:
    Light magic affinity +7 (acc and dmg)
    "Ultima" (grants the ability to cast a new spell Ultima that deals high light magic elemental dmg)

Hvergelmir:
    magic affinity +6 (acc and dmg)
    "Demi" (deals high darkness elemental dmg)
    Augments Bloodpacts (gives access to Astral flow bloodpacts, does not give you access to odin or alexander bloodpact, amount of MP needed is 3xsmn level, aka 297 MP at lvl 99, they wont drain all your MP after use)

Laevateinn:
    just add magic affinity +8 on top of everything it allready has

Tupsimati:
    just add magic affinity +5 on top of everything it allready has
    + Augments stratagems:
    - allows you to AoE via Accession/Manifestation: Reraise I-III, Haste, Blazespike, Icespike, Shockspike, all nukes I-V
    - allows you to enhance the potency of the following spells via Rapture 50%/Ebullience 25%: Haste (new 22% haste), Adloquium (new 2 regain per tic), phalanx, enspells, Debuffs: Slow, Paralyze, Blind, Gravity, Blind

honestly thats how relic/empy/mythic staffs/clubs should look alike, they would push the bounders for the mages and open up new options, like the weapons/shields/intruments do for melees/paladin/brds!
    (3)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I dont agree. The only thing of mage weapons SE got right was yagrush. The rest is laughable and imho needs fixing. I would do a mage relic/mythic/empy if the staves would reflect what I want.
    Agree to disagree then. all of the staves have some value to somebody. They already push borders and open options. Yours are just straight mage buffs, they don't "open up options." the weapons are level 99, they're done, they're not inventing new spells for them, smn 2hour outside of 2h is ridiculous. Even if they were to revise the weapons, they'd never do anything like you're proposing.

It's really not worth even arguing about because they aren't even going to add jobs to the existing weapons, much less change their effects. There have been multi-hundred post threads about this in the past. Hell, they cant even fix the jobs that need fixing, which is a lot higher priority.

If we're going to talk about lolstaffdd, I'm willing to bet a Plenitas Virga is able to outdamage Hvergelmir because using Shattersoul means you don't get to have AM up.
    on other jobs, probably, on SMN, not having myrkr for when you run low on MP would be a setback. Almost ironically, it's also arguably harder to get than a lv90 Hverg. Though it is still a bit infuriating that they would add a weapon to (essentially) a BCNM that is on par with R/M/E.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 12-18-2012 at 12:20 AM.

Character
    Bepe
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    alhanelem you have to read the whole thing so you don't give miss information. In Part 1.c I conclude by saying Hverglemir has a niche use that makes it good even though its a lol melee staff, no offense melee mages. Claustrum on the other hand has no use besides melee because hvergelmir takes the use of mp restoration tool which Gates of the Tartarus does so much worse at. My suggestion was to give claustrum a use besides melee and the suggestion I gave was a quick cast staff, with an aftermath that increases quick cast further.

Also since you stopped reading, if you really think the 600M end all be all blm nuking staff should be beaten by trial of the magian weapons the majority of the time then, no offense, but that is just foolish. Now i admit laevateinn does pull ahead of with aftermath already, however, mages struggle getting aftermath up in high end situations without risking death. Therefore I concluded that Laevateinn should beat the magian staffs without aftermath and aftermath is the bonus. This is the only beef I have with laevateinn besides the fact that its aftermath 3 should enhance magic instead of melee with quick cast or double damage, but meh.

If you read the final suggestions I give I make sure to keep the stats on the weapon in a similar form as their design. So changing them should just be a matter of retyping text for SE. I don't think there is any formulas they need to work, because all formulas probably work from the total of a stat you have after adding all gear. So they just add to different totals, extremely simple imo.

Oh and just to reiterate for emphasis; CLAUSTRUM HAS NO USE. In all aspects of what it tries to do it is overshadowed by other weapons. Trust me, I know, I have a Claustrum(made it for sentimental reasons :P)
    (1)
    Last edited by Pebe; 12-18-2012 at 02:59 AM.

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Agree to disagree then. all of the staves have some value to somebody. They already push borders and open options. Yours are just straight mage buffs, they don't "open up options." the weapons are level 99, they're done, they're not inventing new spells for them, smn 2hour outside of 2h is ridiculous. Even if they were to revise the weapons, they'd never do anything like you're proposing.

It's really not worth even arguing about because they aren't even going to add jobs to the existing weapons, much less change their effects. There have been multi-hundred post threads about this in the past. Hell, they cant even fix the jobs that need fixing, which is a lot higher priority.

on other jobs, probably, on SMN, not having myrkr for when you run low on MP would be a setback. Almost ironically, it's also arguably harder to get than a lv90 Hverg. Though it is still a bit infuriating that they would add a weapon to (essentially) a BCNM that is on par with R/M/E.
    the wapons have no fucking value to mages, because they have melee based stats and aftermaths mostly! Gees its for MAGE classes not MELEEs. hence why they are so fucking craptastic
    (2)

Player
    Well depending on what your doing, a BLM can get TP fairly easy from nukes, with 5/5 SS you can stack over 120 INT on BLM for WSing, lowering their magic def and allowing more damage, making it awesome, problem is that no matter the SS or WS, besides saving MP you did worse WSing probably than you would have just by nuking. Also before the Embrava Nerf, SCH can become a potent 2handed job when Embrava'ing, it has enough gear for a decent TP build by mage standards and the WS gear is amazing too, overall it just works well if you do it, problem is ofcourse, Embrava is being nerfed, which will destroy this fun and weird ability that SCH has.
    (3)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    alhanelem you have to read the whole thing so you don't give miss information. In Part 1.c I conclude by saying Hverglemir has a niche use
    I covered that part. I know you said that. And I think it's totally fine for these weapons to have niche uses.

the wapons have no fucking value to mages, because they have melee based stats and aftermaths mostly! Gees its for MAGE classes not MELEEs. hence why they are so fucking craptastic
    If you don't like them, no one's holding a gun to your head and saying you have to get them. But there are people who do benefit from them. relic/empy staves are exceptional tools in the right hands and right circumstances- whether you're a lolmeleemage or not. Maybe you missed the part I wrote where the empy staff is great to carry around to swap in to use Myrkr with the TP temps you'd otherwise never use. The WS gives a ridiculous amount of MP back and you never even touch the mob or get on its hate list. I use it at every event with temps.

Since they're probably not adding new mythics and empy weapons for the new jobs, you can bet there will be another set of superweapons which will hopefully cater to a broader clientele. But there is no point or sense in arguing over the current ones because they will never be changed. There is almost no precedent for SE changing stats on equipment items after their release.

If you read the final suggestions I give I make sure to keep the stats on the weapon in a similar form as their design. So changing them should just be a matter of retyping text for SE.
    You should be aware items don't have their effects because the text on them says so- the effects have to be programmed in (if new) or called (if existing) by code somewhere. It's not a simple matter of 'retyping the text." While I would totally love for these items to have all their current attributes plus more, in SE's view it would be ridiculously overpowered (even though they in practice wouldn't really be since magic stats have little application when meleeing and DMG/delay have no effect when not meleeing)
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 12-18-2012 at 05:49 AM.

Character
    Bepe
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    sch was an interesting meleer with their solo dark skillchains with immanence, however, we are missing the central issue here. Two out of the 3 categories of mages weapons are designated as melee weapons, and both laevateiin and tupsimati are lacking for their price tag. As we all know BLMs have a hard time keep up with melee DD now a days in game content, due to everything being a zerg. A staff such has laevateinn should bridge that gap, that should be its purpose. For instance, Ryuhigne does this for DRG and Kenkoken for pup(all though not as much as ryuhigne).
    (0)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast