Character
    Shenul
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

Chat logs while zoning

This is a super old issue, but can we please get linkshell and party chat while zoning? Sure, we all just say we're zoning now, but it's an annoyance to everyone involved.

I know something weird is going on behind the scenes with chat and zoning, because when you attempt to send a tell to someone that is currently zoning, the message errors out. Is the data grab during zone changes that bad that it congests up the incoming chat data?

Devs: What actually causes incoming chat messages to not be intercepted by the client? Is it due to the weird way the game handles moving from one server to another when moving between regions? Or is there another reason?
    (5)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Apparently they disconnect you from the chat server when you're zoning (for whatever reason), which is why you don't get messages and people get a message telling them you couldn't receive it.

What I don't understand is why, if that's true, you still don't get the message that they're zoning sometimes when sent very shortly before or for a bit after they actually finished zoning. In that time they won't get the tell, but it will not tell you that they didn't, which is extremely annoying.

I wish they would fix that as it's one of my major gripes with this game, but given that they're cautious about messing with very minor code changes, I'm not sure if they're will ever even consider changing this.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers