Thread: Ghost Moogle

Character
    Revati
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

Ghost Moogle

Yesterday in Port Jeuno I was walking towards the signet NPC. Near Shami, I saw a Moogle that I could target that I had never seen before. When I got close enough to click him he was gone. There wasn't even a green dot for him on radar. Anybody know what that's about?
    (0)

Player
    I have seen the same moogle in Upper and Lower many times, always a bit outside of the arch, near the AH in lower, always the same location, and depops when you target them. I have no idea why they are there, never asked a GM or pointed it out on the forums as it doesn't hurt anything, though it is a bit weird, any word on this?
    (1)

It's your moghouse moogle. It's a bug that's been around since forever, actually.
    (5)

Character
    Risae
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 90
    Your moogle occasionally goes out for walks and shopping. If you talk to them while they are wandering the streets, they still can give you access to your locker and safe, since everything is actually in the little bag they're carrying. Moogles are actually infused with the most powerful known time-space magic. (Possibly Vana'Diel once had time mages but they all turn into Moogles after a while). This explains just about everything Moogles can do, including how they get to Mog Houses in different countries and eras without breaking a sweat, how they hold furniture in bags the size of your dagger, and their ability to grow miniature trees inside your house.

Don't get me started on King Kupofried.
    (12)

Its a well known glitch that happens not only in Jeuno but in other places such as Windurst Waters [s]. The devs explained a long time ago that it has to do with a address issues (i.e. programming errors) and the position the fake moogles appear in is somehow relative to their positioning within the moghouse itself.

Its a harmless bug.. just ignore them.
    (1)
    As I stand looking out from my mog house window, I reminisce about the old days and the many ups and downs of my adventures throughout Vana'diel.

It is then that I know achievement.

Character
    Alegra
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Seems to appear when you change job, also find him alot in South Sandy (S) after retracing there on BLM and swapping job to <Relevant>, he likes to hover on those occassions about 30ft off the ground, directly accross from what will be a Auction House in 20 years, and slowly mutters a hideous incantation summoning doom upon the elvaan race. (Or his just being a look out for Orc gatherings in Ronfaure).
    (0)

Character
    Godofgods
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    i dont consider it a bug. Im glad to see the moogle get out and around!
    (5)

Player
    Well if you look at it that way then they shouldn't just warp back home as soon as you look at(target) them.
    (0)

Character
    Risae
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 90
    Mine doesn't always warp home. I can get stuff out of Mog Safe and such actually.
    (0)

Character
    Toadie
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I think it would be even cooler if he followed you around and pointed out interesting bazaars too.
    (5)
    Each person is an individual being, capable of independent thought and unique emotion, deserving respect, dignity, and compassion in all things, at all times, and in all places.

To do anything else denies the self of its humanity.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast